How much do people pay for gym membership?

Options
12346»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm jealous of these prices.

NYC--

I know :( I thought mine was cheap. Well, at least I know I'll get a better price someday if I ever leave the city.
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    $15/month at fitworks US
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Local gym in US, $90 a month family plan. Pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, decent cardio, nice size weight area with good equipment. Most classes are included. In all I spend probably $200 a month for membership, barre power, a small private women's group with a trainer, and child care.

More than most, but I like it, it's close, I never have any issues finding equipment, has a nice variety of yoga classes, and I like my little group of women I work out with once a week.

• indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

NYC--

I know :( I thought mine was cheap. Well, at least I know I'll get a better price someday if I ever leave the city.

But the salaries are much higher there than Florida,so it all evens out.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

NYC--

Well, it evens out if you have one of those higher paying jobs. I don't! Someday!
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

NYC--

Well, it evens out if you have one of those higher paying jobs. I don't! Someday!

lol---hopefully one day you will
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 a month for my planet fitness membership. The one near me is actually quite fantastic. Actual squat racks, not just smith machines. Can't do cleans but can deadlift usually. Don't think I've ever waited for a bar, and never heard that alarm. Been to a number of other Planet Fitness locations across the US, and every other one has sucked.
  • justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    $64 for my family of 5 to the YMCA. We qualify for their financial aid program otherwise it would be $129/month which just wouldn't be possible. We love our local branch and are extremely grateful that there are programs to make this affordable for our family.
  • kwiatrtdy
    kwiatrtdy Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm in the south west of England and all the gyms near me seem to be around £40 a month. I'm going to a women's only one with view to joining tonight as it's only £22 a month but it is very small with only one of each machine. They do a lot of classes though.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Wow, gyms seem to be higher priced in the UK.

My husband and I are currently with the YMCA. It is $67(usd) a month for access to 3 locations (two are fairly large with your standard gym fare; classes, cardio, free weights, indoor pools (lap pool, heated cardio pool and kid's splash pool), hot tubs, saunas and several supervised child friendly areas. One location is kind of sparse but it's only a 2 minute drive from our house so we go there when we just want to get in and out.) Once I have this baby it will go up to $75 a month to add her to our membership for daycare while I'm there.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    £19.99 per month (no contract) for TruGym.

In the past, I paid £15.99 for Rush Gym (24/7) which was rubbish.
    In the past, I also paid £69.99 per month for David Lloyd, which was worth every penny. It all depends what you're looking for from a gym.

I have a free gym at work which I am allowed to access 24/7 (but it's small), so my personal gym membership is a backup in case I can't go at work or for at the weekend. I prefer to go at work because then the machines, intensity and calorie count is more stable. But for me, paying £20 a month to be able to go to a gym if I can't go at work is worth it.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    £70 on south coast of England but it's a strength training / conditioning gym so just power racks, benches, strongman equipment. No cardio machines here :wink: Basically I get a personal trainer at each session.

I paid for and hardly went to a 'normal' gym
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    £46 a month, bit much for me but it is the only gym near and it is a country club. That includes all gym classes, full use of gym, swimming pool and spa area and is very high quality and clean!