pizza is the most divisive food in america

Options

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Can't have much pizza, let alone a whole one without going over calories though. It's the downside.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Funny to see this post! Just had this conversation with a co-worker. I have lived in central Ohio since 1983. I still haven't had a decent piece of pizza unless I go back to western PA.

Now, everyone will say, "then you haven't tried...." Yes, I have. Still don't love it. The moral to the story is: Never leave your hometown and the type of pizza you grew up with! It will never be the same.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Funny to see this post! Just had this conversation with a co-worker. I have lived in central Ohio since 1983. I still haven't had a decent piece of pizza unless I go back to western PA.

Now, everyone will say, "then you haven't tried...." Yes, I have. Still not the same. The moral to the story is: Never leave your hometown and the type of pizza you grew up with! It will never be the same.

Agreed. I miss JJ's Pie Company from time to time, nothing has ever been the same.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Now, everyone will say, "then you haven't tried...." Yes, I have. Still not the same. The moral to the story is: Never leave your hometown and the type of pizza you grew up with! It will never be the same.

Agreed. I miss JJ's Pie Company from time to time, nothing has ever been the same.

So what you're saying is I should take pictures for you? :mrgreen: Maybe right next to a bottle of Icky.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Screw you hippy.
  • dbmata
    Options
    and oh god, the taqueria right by it... adalberto's I think is the name? and pub n sub.... *sigh*
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    No love at all. :cry:
  • dbmata
    Options

lol. So get this, I've asked for honey in places in SF, Seattle, Portland (both ME and OR), boston, NYC, Atlanta, and a handful of places in New Hampster and Vermont.

Everyone looks at me like I have a third head. Heretics.
  • PrizePopple
    Options

lol. So get this, I've asked for honey in places in SF, Seattle, Portland (both ME and OR), boston, NYC, Atlanta, and a handful of places in New Hampster and Vermont.

Everyone looks at me like I have a third head. Heretics.

So did Blind Onion rip off JJ's on the honey then? I'll be honest, the closest I've come to JJ's is getting coffee at Homage. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • dbmata
    Options
    blind onion ripped off JJs.

It must be new, is it up on KR by where they used to have the haunted house from the radio station, and the hawaiian bakery was there? I think KR and McC?
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    I had to look, but yeah there's a Blind Onion up there.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I need to plan a tour of the old hood.
  • spulia1
    spulia1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Also west coast pizza > east coast pizza

Heresy! I'm all for pineapple on pizza (and all manner of vegetables for that matter), but nothing beats an NYC 99cent plain slice. Except for maybe this one time I had a slice of pizza with lasagna on it. Like... it was deep dish pizza with lasagna baked on top of it.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    I need to plan a tour of the old hood.

I was out on the south side, so nik'n'willies is where we always walked to.
  • dbmata
    Options
    As a northerner, I was always partial to JJs, or pub n sub if we wanted to slum it. ;)
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    I lived on the wrong side of the highway for being a Grizzly, I always slummed it. :laugh:
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you put pineapple on my pizza you're in for more than an argument from me.

This .... x100
  • dbmata
    Options
    I lived on the wrong side of the highway for being a Grizzly, I always slummed it. :laugh:

I was almost a Hawk, instead a Lancer. Dude, talk about slumming it... lol. go Thug!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you put pineapple on my pizza you're in for more than an argument from me.

This .... x100

Indeed. Prepare for cheese burns because you're getting it thrown at you.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Thrown? Negs. Fire for effect.

Hold the offender down, take down their pants. Apply hot pizza to legs, while waterboarding with a pitcher of bud, miller, or coors.

pineapple treason will not be accepted.