I NEED to start working out in the AM before work. Help!

Options
1235»

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Made it to the gym before sunrise! Ran my 3 miles. Now I feel like GARBAGE but I'm hoping I perk up soon. Waiting a little bit and then making breakfast. Wooooo early morning workouts.....I'm sure it will get easier if I keep it up!
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! Two suggestions: 1 Stop consuming caffeine if it is keeping you awake at night. 2. Reset your body clock (most important). There is plenty of information on Dr. Google in how to reset your body clock. If a 72 year old man can roll out of bed to go to the gym at 5 a. m. to walk a couple miles before breakfast surely a young person can do it if it is important to them. The best to you because You Can DO IT.
    Note: Proper exercise will enhance your sleep pattern which helps to restore your energy level.
  • Twinkie2530
    Twinkie2530 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Alarm goes off, get out of bed.

Ta da!

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Ta da!

if only it were that easy. :/
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Ta da!

Easier said than done. My alarm isn't near the bed and yet I manage to get up, smack snooze and then crawl right back into bed. I have toyed with putting the clock farther away but then I won't be able to see it when I wake up lol. When I get in the habit of getting up early though it is easier.

I actually might start setting my phone alarm and putting that across the room near the bathroom so I'm forced to actually get up and walk far to shut it off.

ETA: Also, setting your clock ahead like 10 minutes helps you to get up earlier than you normally would.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I really need to start working out before work. I have NO excuse not to just DO IT. But instead I'll set the alarm, get up, and then immediately think OH HELL NO and sleep for another hour!

Welcome to my life. I find that I am a complete zombie in the morning and I physically feel sick if I try to do too much when I first wake up. However, I can stay up with the crickets all night so that's why I do my workouts in the evenings. The only time I can get up and workout early is on weekends. No idea what that's about.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    What if you sleep in your workout clothes and just have to put on shoes, grab your pre-packed bag and leave? Then maybe you'll be out of the front door before your "OH HELL NO" instinct kicks in and by then it's too late?
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Eat apples as you quit the caffeine. It is a natural stimulant.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This might sound goofy, but one of the things that has helped me in the past is to use a dawn simulator (especially during winter months). Essentially it's an alarm clock that gradually brightens a lamp so that it's full bright when the alarm goes off.