Help!

Options
What am I sposed to do!?

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If you'll go to this sub-forum's section (or just click on this link - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/getting-started), there are a bunch of stickied threads at the top that will be able to help you :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies and learn how weight loss works and what you should be doing.
    Use the site and establish how many calories per day you need and then decide how much weight per week you aim to lose, which will make your deficit larger or smaller.
    Log your food every day by weighing and then recording it on the sit. Maintain the calorie level and you will lose weight if the deficit is maintained.
  • erichegwer
    erichegwer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am also just getting started, and here's what I did. I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app on my phone.

Every time I eat something I use the big + button and select food, to note that I ate something. I enter everything I put in my mouth. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, all sodas, drinks and Snacks.

At first I wasn't very careful about the exact quantity I ate, but now I am. The more accurate you are when logging food, the better an idea you have of how many calories you are consuming. Weight loss is all about eating fewer calories than you need. If you eat more calories, you gain weight, and if you eat less, you loose weight. It's that simple. So start by keeping excellent track of what you eat.

There are a ton of great tutorials on the message boards. Just start to browse around a little and you will find everything you need.

• bellybox
    Options
    Thank. Gr8 advice & already thinking before eating
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to help support. feel free to add me. ankdworak