Any previous BodyMedia fans switch to jawbone up24?

Options
1235»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    vanessa40 wrote: »
    I saw the writing on the wall at the beginning of this year and bought a Vivosmart. I knew this was coming after i few emails with BM and Jawbone.

How do you like it? I'm leaning towards the Microsoft Band 2 since it measures lifting.
  • jhekel23
    jhekel23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just received BodyMedia Core from my husband this Christmas. He purchased it from Amazon. Am I understanding this correctly - that I am totally unable to use this device now? I am open to any assistance. Please tell me I can still use the armband. Do I need to buy the display?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jhekel23 wrote: »
    I just received BodyMedia Core from my husband this Christmas. He purchased it from Amazon. Am I understanding this correctly - that I am totally unable to use this device now? I am open to any assistance. Please tell me I can still use the armband. Do I need to buy the display?

Return it.
  • cindy11110
    cindy11110 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad that bodymedia sold out to jawbone. There is no comparison, as far as I'm concerned. If jawbone bought bodymedia, they should be using the same accurate technology! Why aren't they? When comparing all fit devices, none compare to the accuracy of bodymedia . . . mine is the old bodybugg. Maybe, Bodymedia will come back! Plus, I don't like wearing a device on my wrist. My work won't allow it! Anyway, it is very frustrating when thinking about fitness devices. None compare to the Bodymedia devices. At all! I'll hold out until there is one that does compare.
  • ezratg
    ezratg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just received an UP3 yesterday, purchased for about $130 from Amazon. While it has some great features and the app looks nice, as far as calorie burn tracking, it is indeed inferior to the Bodymedia FIT Link that I'm trying to replace. The UP3 didn't even track elevated heart rate during my weightlifting workout this morning. And I had to manually pick weightlifting from a list and estimate my level of intensity. The the UP3 app just spit out an estimated calorie burn for my workout. Nothing was tracked, not even my heart rate. Very disappointing. Also concerning is that Bodymedia's website refers customers to Jawbone to purchase a new device that incorporates Bodymedia's technology. I'm not sure which technology it incorporates, but it's not the most important one: the calorie burn. All I want is an accurate calorie burn measure. Body media had it. Jawbone seems to have thrown it away. It's only been a day, so I'll give it more time, but I am very disappointed.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My Core became useless about 2 yrs ago when the "updated" the algorithms and it started adding about 500 calls to my burned amount. I switched to the Fitbit HR this year and LOVE it. Customer service is fantastic and the calorie count is dead on for me.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Switched to Garmin and bought a Vivoactive watch.
  • kerry1920
    kerry1920 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just bought the UP2. So far so good.
  • LuanneScott1971
    LuanneScott1971 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nothing compares to BM as far as calorie burn goes. It's so accurate that it's an FDA approved medical device. I hate Jawbone! They totally screwed everything up!