What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• gofortigger
    gofortigger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Up your protein level and you will not feel like you are missing something.
    Egg whites are good with a bit of cheese for taste. Have a piece of toast. Back bacon
    Just count your callories
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    • 2 Weet-bix biscuits
    • 8 Zespri kiwi fruits
    • 5 egg whites
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Steel-cut oats and dried blueberries cooked in almond milk plus one hard-boiled egg on the side. I've got my long hike in the hills today. B)

What's the difference between steel cut oats vs regular oatmeal? I heard that steel cut oats takes longer to prepare? (You have to boil it, as opposed to regular oatmeal, which you can just microwave?)

The nutrients in all types of plain oatmeal - steel cut, rolled oats, instant oatmeal, et cetera are the same. And you're right. Steel cut usually takes the longest to cook. Many people prefer steel cut, because it's been "processed the least", and apparently has a lower GI than instant oatmeal. For me, I find that all types of oatmeal provide me with the same amount of satiety, but texture-wise, I prefer the "nutty" rolled oats. Instant oatmeal that's not plain usually contains a lot of sugar, so that is something you may want to take note of, IF you have any underlying medical conditions.