What's For Breakfast, Everyone?

Options

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Kcup of Starbucks Pike Roast w/ 2 tbsp of HWC and Davinci SF Vanilla
    One Fried Egg and JD Sausage between a Oopsie Roll
    Natural Calm stirred in a cup of boiling water.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    ...I have the same thing for breakfast all week, then switch it up every week.

I like that idea. Makes things easy, and you switch to something new before you get a chance to get bored.

• Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    one Petipie cake, banana ,cup of coffee with skimmed milk and one sugar and a glass of fresh carrot juice
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    tumblr_nfgbp1o1pb1s25m7po1_500.jpg

2 low carb almond meal pancakes with 100g frozen summer berries and 2-3 teaspoons of melted honey + tea

182 calories, 2g of carbs 7g of protein per pancake without toppings.

(in the picture I was having them on my cheat day so I am having 3 pancakes and added more honey o:) )

my other favourite is

Full fat greek yoghurt with Meridian peanut butter (sugar, salt and palm oil free) + 1 teaspoon honey + desiccated coconut

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    water, coffee, toasted english muffin + 2 servings PB
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I just drink coffee and don't eat until noon. I'm just not typically hungry in the morning. But! This was my breakfast this morning

e8irq0n62l19.jpg

Those of us who skip breakfast.... Don't they say that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"? Supposedly, from what I've read, eating breakfast helps to kick start your metabolism for that day. How do we reconcile that? Or is that just a myth?

Can anyone here attest to whether or not eating or not eating breakfast makes a difference to your ability to shed those unwanted pounds?

I used to fast until 6-7pm every day and then moved to fasting until lunch because I had no appetite for breakfast or the time for it. I started having breakfast 2 months ago and I am not looking back!

I am way more energetic now during the day, my workouts are better and
    I have managed to get out of my plateau without actually exercising more or eating less/more. I feel great during the day because my portions are smaller and the main benefit of eating breakfast for me is that I am not tempted to binge on everything I find in front of me whilst preparing dinner.

• milkywayward
    milkywayward Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having porridge by itself. Sometimes I have it with some combination of milk, honey, cinnamon and raisins. During the summer I often ate full fat Greek yoghurt with a serving of muesli and/or nut butter, or 2-3 eggs scrambled, fried, or in an omelette. I used to skip breakfast a lot when I was younger but now it's my favourite meal. I look forward to it when I'm going to bed the night before!
  • jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    2 Fried eggs cooked in butter + 4 strips of bacon and a cup of coffee. Pretty simple breakfast.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually one of the following:

Slice of soya and linseed toast (no butter), with 30g peanut butter and half a banana.

English muffin (toasted) with 30g original philidelphia cream cheese.

3 egg omelette with ham, spring onions, diced peppers and 30g half fat mature cheese.

30g-40g bowl of cornflakes, 200ml semi-skimmed milk and 5g-10g sugar.

Some may argue not clean or healthiest choices, but... IIFYM (and calories)!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    today it's 2 eggs and 3 whites scrambled, with a bacon & cheddar flavored sausage.

Oh, and 2 large cups of coffee and several cups of tea, but that's no different than every other day.
  • webcray
    webcray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So for Breakfast this morning i'm making grilled portobello mushroom tops stuffed with apple-wood smoked cheddar green onion and baby spinach topped off with a fried egg. comes in at about 300 cal. Very very satisfying.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wholemeal toast with crunchy peanut butter and sliced banana; tea; latte.
  • Ceithlenn
    Ceithlenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Overnight Apple Cinnamon Steel cut oats. Servings:5 1-cup servings 225 cal + toppings

Ingredients

2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 to 3 cups chopped)
    1-1/2 cups fat-free milk (or substitute non-diary alternative like almond milk)
    1-1/2 cups water
    1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
    2 tablespoons brown sugar (or substitute maple syrup or other desired sweetener)
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 tablespoon ground flax seed
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Optional garnishes: chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, additional milk or butter

Directions
    Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary). Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.
  • amy_lynn007
    amy_lynn007 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    On weekends, I make a breakfast Creme brûlée that I found on skinnytaste.com. Defrost your choice of berries in a ramekin, I use blueberries and raspberries. Top with plain greek yogurt, 4-6oz works best for me. Top with 1-2tsp of sugar in the raw, and stick under the broiler for a couple minutes. It's soooo delicious :)
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I pack a breakfast that's usually dinner leftovers or more lunch food. I don't eat it until I get to work though, I can't eat too soon after waking up. I used to skip it altogether but I find a small breakfast, eaten late in the morning, works for me and lets me take a later lunch (which I prefer).

It's the weekend though so I'm having a toasted bagel with margarine as a treat.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    This is definitely not my usually breakfast but I'm having a green smoothie with
    - 1 frozen banana
    - 1 cup of spinach
    - 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    - 1 tbsp Pb2
    - 1 tbsp white chia seeds

Haven't actually made it yet so let's hope it tastes good!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Just finished three eggs (fried in bacon fat!) and a slice of sourdough toast with butter, enjoying my cups of black coffee. If I had bacon I might have cut the eggs back to two and had a couple of slices of bacon as well. Will probably have half a banana in a little bit.

My other go-to breakfast is oatmeal with plain greek yogurt, frozen blueberries (or other fresh fruit if I have it), walnuts, cinnamon & honey. Sometimes I toss some unlflavored protein powder in there too.

Been eating these two breakfasts for years, with occasional pancakes, fried potatoes, french toast or waffles on weekends or if we go out to breakfast.

I love breakfast, probably my favorite meal of the day.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    coffee
    fat-free half & half
    1 fried egg
    2 waffles
    suger-free syrup
    1/2 cup blackberries
    =============
    388 calories
  • vanseters1956
    Options
    this morning oatmeal, banana, coffee, and skim milk.