Looking for people who are trying out Contrave? Thoughts? Is it working?

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• evangeline77
    evangeline77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started December 4th. Down 10 pounds. First week was tough but I kept going. Inches are being lost and I can fit into clothes I hadn't been able to get into. Magnesium helps a lot. And tons of water.
  • dbblondee18
    dbblondee18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started Contrave, one pill today. I can definately feel a "euphoria" type feeling. Sounds like most of the advice is to make sure to eat something (Dr said to force myself to eat something every three hours like a few grapes, bite of cheese, cracker, etc...) eat a healthy meal 3x's a day and drink LOTS of water to minimize the side effects. lol this sounds like a regular life without pills....if I could do that I wouldn't be needing this!
  • karen_johnson1451
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time using the social aspect of MyFitnessPal... I’ve been taking Contrave since Jan 5th. I’ve been working out daily and have lost 14lbs so far. I didn’t notice much with the contrave until about the 3rd week when I felt fuller faster and “being hungry” kind of became a back burner feeling. I didn’t have any side effects except when I had some wine in week 2 (it made me sick to my stomach) but now I have a pretty strong aversion to wine, which I never would have seen coming!

So basically, now a month in, eating 1200 or slightly less, calories is pretty easy. It helped me stop craving wine at the end of the day, and I can eat a smallish portion of healthy food and feel full :)
  • mellymint80
    mellymint80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started Contrave a week ago and the first 3 days were ROUGH. I had horrible nausea and headaches. After the first few days everything started to even out. Even in just a week I find that I am not obsessing about food. I need to work on listening to my body now. I find if I go to long without eating something (specifically something with protein in it) I get nauseous again. My goal with Contrave is to kick start my body and reduce the cravings for sugar and fatty foods.

It has been a month since I started this medically supervised weight loss program and I am down 7 lbs.
  • tinak211
    tinak211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I didn’t have time to read all this (because who honestly does) but you need food to surivive unlike alcohol, smoking or drugs. I believe you are ignorant to believe that food addiction is not a real thing and much harder to treat.
  • danielleeliz_xo
    danielleeliz_xo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on contrave? I’m starting this weekend.
  • cjd1954
    cjd1954 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my fourth week on Contrave and I’ve lost 10 pounds. I’ve had some side effects but not enough to quit. I always have a little bit of a nauseous feeling and I feel full faster . I had been on Celexa for depression but was advised by my pharmacy to stop the celexa. Now I feel depressed again. I wish I could continue the celexa.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    cjd1954 wrote: »
    This is my fourth week on Contrave and I’ve lost 10 pounds. I’ve had some side effects but not enough to quit. I always have a little bit of a nauseous feeling and I feel full faster . I had been on Celexa for depression but was advised by my pharmacy to stop the celexa. Now I feel depressed again. I wish I could continue the celexa.

I am also on Celexa and just picked up my prescription for contrave today and my pharmacist didn't say anything about not taking any of my meds. Maybe you should call your doctor and ask about it. When my doctor was looking into contrave they double-check to make sure it was okay to take it with all of my meds.
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still taking this? I am looking to order it next week.
  • tawktame
    tawktame Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started Contrave on December 4, 2018. I've been on it about 9 weeks and I am down 20 pounds. This is not a magic pill. Most of my weight loss was within the first 3 to 4 weeks. The past 5 weeks the weight loss has been extremely slow. This past week (week 9) I found myself rather hungry and "craving" sweets.
  • Dawnk411
    Dawnk411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All New here I just started Contrave this past Monday 3/18/19 so far a bit tired and nauseous. But pushing thru it , only changes I notice are , my morning coffee takes forever to drink , just not as appealing . And second guessing everything I eat. Anyhow pointers are helpful. SW 190 Goal 140 TIA
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been talking with my shrink about my weight issues (among other things) and she suggested adding Contrave to my daily Trintellix. So, I may be adding it to my regimen in late April. SW 246 (highest ever for me 🙁) GW 155.
  • avadropsweight
    avadropsweight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am one week in to Contrave and 5lbs down.
    I haven't experienced any symptoms that are bad as such, increase energy mixed with lethargy is a bit of an odd feeling though.

The couple of times I did feel a little nausea it was when I drank coffee - so I space out the meds and coffee now.

As far as diet I'm on 1200 cals a day and just track healthy foods via the app. I haven't kicked up my exercise yet but will now the symptoms seem to be minimal and I feel comfortable that I'm not going to experience anything weird while doing cardio.

I've avoided fatty meats - usually sticking to chicken and fish. Healthy fats like avocado seem fine.

I have to remind myself to eat, would recommend meal prep if you can or prepared healthy foods because sometimes you want to food so little it's hard to get into the process of making it.

I drink a lot of water - seems to be due to the med, but obviously it's helping with diet and hydration.