Wraps or bread that are clean?

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Just get some that say Amish or Ezekiel. Or Greek. Yeah. That's the ticket. Greek Amish Ezekiel Flat Organic Pitas with Flax Seeds. Gluten Free of course. May contain nuts because nuts are Gods way of separating the weak from the strong. YMMV. Check your local TJ's.
    La heim!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    The scalio bread at MB is frigging delish.
    I know I spelled it wrong.
    but toast it with some butter and cheese, hnnng
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me how bread is not clean? I'm really confused on this one. I thought whole wheat bread was considered clean.

I'm not a clean eater so I really don't know much about the do's and don'ts

Because "clean eating" is an arbitrary term, and no one really knows quite exactly what it means, since it means something different to everyone.

I use arnold sandwich thins, because they have 100 calories. They are probably covered in filth, i have no clue.

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Man, you guys are mean. Just answer the OPs question.

OP, look for the brand that has the little unicorns on the packaging. Most bestests clean bread evers!!!!
    You're the meanest. Everyone knows unicorns aren't real.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Make your own. Problem solved.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Make your own. Problem solved.

But flour is processed. So is yeast. And sugar. etc.
    Plus effort.
    Kneading. And letting it raise.
    Then there's the argument of bread machine vs oven vs crockpot

• Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean when you say clean but want to warn you are probably going to get a lot of responses asking what is clean and a bunch of responses that vary from humorous to sarcastic to borderline rude. "Clean Eating" is a touchy subject here. See the forum below for an example. Groups are a better place to ask this question.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10022290/clean-eating/p1

Here's one clean eating group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133-clean-eating-group

Ahaha!

I like how the first non-flippant response with information got flagged 3 times.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    make your own raw vegan bread

or just buy some sprouted grain bread
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Are there any brands of wraps or syrian bread that are considered clean? I wanted to find some items that are hopefully available in mainstream grocery stores (ie Market Basket, Hannaford, Stop and Shop). Thanks!

The word "clean" makes people a tad mental here.
    That said: Ezekiel is a very healthy brand of both breads and wraps.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Are there any brands of wraps or syrian bread that are considered clean? I wanted to find some items that are hopefully available in mainstream grocery stores (ie Market Basket, Hannaford, Stop and Shop). Thanks!

healthy is subjective.
    Ezekiel tastes like cardboard to me.

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    make your own raw vegan bread

or just buy some sprouted grain bread

Raw bread LOL

• Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I understand what you mean when you say clean but want to warn you are probably going to get a lot of responses asking what is clean and a bunch of responses that vary from humorous to sarcastic to borderline rude. "Clean Eating" is a touchy subject here. See the forum below for an example. Groups are a better place to ask this question.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10022290/clean-eating/p1

Here's one clean eating group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133-clean-eating-group

Ahaha!

I like how the first non-flippant response with information got flagged 3 times.

And note that the moderator left all the adolescent off topic comments (which he has referred to as "trolling") when providing his own "contribution".... What a goofy board.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Another way to help identify how clean the bread is to investigate the hygiene policies and practices used by the bakery / supermarket where it came from.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

healthy is subjective.
    Ezekiel tastes like cardboard to me.

everything is subjective.
    Would you be happy if I added a superlative, such as "healthier"?

perhaps the only answer to any question on the boards is: is it tasty and does it fit your calories.
    but, oh, wait, tasty is subjective too.

lol what a nut house.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    The bonus about not having pets is the 5 second rule can be extended to a good 8-10 seconds. I can be like "Aww, look at that, peanut butter side up. Win!", and then I grab my bread off the floor.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    The bonus about not having pets is the 5 second rule can be extended to a good 8-10 seconds. I can be like "Aww, look at that, peanut butter side up. Win!", and then I grab my bread off the floor.

Yes but isn't it one of the laws of physics that the bread NEVER lands peanut butter side up? Or is your house some magical alternative universe where the laws of physics don't apply? I bet you can eat more calories than you burn too...

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »
    Make sure you don't open the bag upside down, it'll fall to the ground and get dirty... no longer clean. :cry:

Yes, I've had this experience :'( lol

Anyway, OP, If you're concerned with "clean", why not use huge romaine leaves/lettuce leaves and put whatever you'd put on a sandwich in the leaves?

I'd rather eat my own feet than lettuce so a lettuce as bread option sounds like something you should be sent to the stocks for. Whats your definition of clean?

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Yes but isn't it one of the laws of physics that the bread NEVER lands peanut butter side up? Or is your house some magical alternative universe where the laws of physics don't apply? I bet you can eat more calories than you burn too...

It's just making up for the fact that I spill my coffee once a week, and when I drop toast it's always buttered side down. :grumble:
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »
    Make sure you don't open the bag upside down, it'll fall to the ground and get dirty... no longer clean. :cry:

Yes, I've had this experience :'( lol

Anyway, OP, If you're concerned with "clean", why not use huge romaine leaves/lettuce leaves and put whatever you'd put on a sandwich in the leaves?

I'd rather eat my own feet than lettuce so a lettuce as bread option sounds like something you should be sent to the stocks for. Whats your definition of clean?
    Oh, believe me, I would never give up my delicious, wholesome, REAL bread for a lettuce leaf. But I have friends who will do this sometimes (Celiac's disease). I don't buy into this whole "clean" thing, but from what I understand, it's extremely plant based with minimal processing when it comes to the food itself.