ndj1979 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Unless you have a defined medical condition, like Crohn's or epilepsy or IBS (to a degree) or a very few other conditions, eating clean is meaningless and has no discernable fat loss or health benefits over a wider diet where foods are consumed in moderation.

Really?

I'm pretty sure its healthier to eat home prepared meals each day than mass produced microwavable ready meals!

I'm pretty sure If you did eat mass produced ready meals each day, your levels of inflammation and oxidation would be higher than if you ate home prepared food.

My reasoning behind this is you would definitely be eating increased amounts of Man made transfats, Interesterified Fats and polyunsaturated fats.

So prove it. 'Pretty sure' doesn't cut it.

Also note the phrase 'in moderation'. I wouldn't recommend living on ready meals exclusively, but one or so a day isn't going to harm you.

No, but how untypical a day would it be to say have:

MacDonalds breakfast
    Cereal bar
    Microwavable lunch of description
    Bag of crisps
    For dinner Chicken and a pre-made jar of sauce. Maybe some coated (seasoned) frozen potatoes.

I think that's not an untypical kind of day for a lot of people - Most of those things are mass produced.

Although I sure the companies producing them use only the finest ingredients and to hell with the profit margins!

Can you honestly say you do not 'personally' know anyone that barely eats a bit of fruit or veg! I know loads.

This was the original statement in the quote string that started all of this:
    Unless you have a defined medical condition, like Crohn's or epilepsy or IBS (to a degree) or a very few other conditions, eating clean is meaningless and has no discernable fat loss or health benefits over a wider diet where foods are consumed in moderation.

You've gone from a discussion of clean eating vs. a wide diet with all foods in moderation to a discussion comparing clean eating vs. only packaged/fast food and almost no veggies. You're shifting the goal posts wildly.

Straw man argument.

How is my post straw man? I was answering the post about eating a wide diet in moderation was unhealtier than eating a 'clean diet'.

If a lot of the items on your wider diet (like SAD) are mass produced (multi-ingredient) and you eat each of them in moderation, a majority of your food is still mass produced!

why did you put mass produced next to multi-ingredient?????

mass produced and one ingredient
    the incredible edible egg
    http://www.uspoultry.org/economic_data/

I put multi ingredient next to mass produced so people didn't say stuff like - Yeah but what about eggs and apples - their healthy and mass produced.

Although I doubt anyone would be that obvious. ;)

Maybe I've been around these forums too long. Although it is good to tussle with the trolls, from time to time! lol

*yawn* troll comment again.

Funny how everyone else is a troll, but I assume that you do not think you are.

I would recommend looking up the definition of troll.

Well I'm not the one hijacking a thread!

Who is and how are they doing so?

Seriously, have you seen the first page. There was only about legitimate (non hijacking) posts on the whole page!!!!

hijacks thread and then complains about the hijacking of same thread..lolz...

Sorry, you mean I hijacked your hijacking!

In case you didn't read the original OP:

I was just reading up on the Paleo diet haven't committed to anything yet still weighing my options. But reading it, it seems similar to eating clean, is it just a fancy name for the same thing? Has anyone had success using this diet

From the very first reply this thread was hijacked.

And subsequent posts after did not stay on track.

Very few (and certainly not for the FB) posts have addressed whether the diets are similar and non have addressed whether the diets are healthy, and only a minority in the number of post responses are from people who have tried either and are giving their feedback on them.

All that seems to have happened is its been hijacked by people sensitive to the fact both diets are named wrong (although that's just good marketing - someone has got very rich, high five to them) and that people eating clean are some how belittling every other fragile soul, who eats a ready meal or store bought bagel!

Why not stick to the OP's question. Oh that's right you haven't tried either of the diets so you are not really commenting from a position of experience (and I doubt good knowledge of them either).

I answered the OPs question ..she asked about paleo and clean eating, I said do neither and eat the foods that she likes and just maintain a deficit.

I am not the one that went off on a tangent about "bad' fats, what is "pretty much good", and what you think the majority of peoples diets are < all of which were not questions posed by the OP ..

trollers gonna troll..

I'm not saying didn't hijack your hijack!

I was addressing the question from a previous post asking why a clean diet was deemed healthier than a wider moderate diet - and those where my thoughts on it.

Also your answer to the OP doesn't make sense - they didn't ask which one should they choose!!!!!

Hijack much?

I did answer the question. I said neither is required for weight loss, thus, OP does not need to bother with either.

I am not the one spewing off in every direction and then when confronted about said nonsensical statements, provide no response and then complain about "hijacking"….

Again - no you didn't answer the question! You offered an unsolicited opinion - which as this is an open forum is your right!

What was the question regarding my nonsensical statement - I may have missed the question - ask again and I'll try an answer it! or offer an unsolicited statement - either seems to work with you dude!

the question was paleo vs clean eating ..

my answer is neither..

reading comprehension much duuuuuude?

It's not me with the reading comprehension!!!

I've copied and pasted it 'again' for you to read through slowly!

I was just reading up on the Paleo diet haven't committed to anything yet still weighing my options. But reading it, it seems similar to eating clean, is it just a fancy name for the same thing? Has anyone had success using this diet

The questions unless I am mistaken is: are Paleo and clean eat different names for the same thing? and has anyone had success using this diet?

Seems quite clear!

The question was not: which should I choose - because that would look something like this.

Paelo or clean eating, which should I choose?

I believe the title Paleo vs clean eating was the OP's need to know the comparison between the two (as was clear in the more detailed question above) - not sure the answer - 'neither' would have been that helpful!

yes, and my answer, for the third time, is neither, and she can eat what she wants, just less of it and lose weight.

OP asked nothing about the 20 other things you mentioned in this thread, but you don't care about that do you …

keep trollin, trollin, trollin….

No but other people did and I was responding to them. Also I didn't start my answer by referring to the OP and saying - my favourite colour's blue!

I don't think I am the one trollin a Paleo, clean eating thread! Maybe I'm just trollin the trolls!

Please stop trolling the community. This is a nice place, we don't need that here.

Don't worry I stay out of threads that I don't have an interest in or a positive or constructive comment to make.

It's a shame others don't - we may actually get OP questions answered and have constructive debates and discussions!

Still this is an open forum, so I doubt that will ever happen!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I hope you make a constructive comment soon then. All I see is you trolling yet another thread.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    If you say so!!!!