• UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    2ro2x03.jpg

$8 Calvin Klein dress from Goodwill
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Goodwill is my best friend. There was a point and time when I was changing sizes every two weeks, so to be able to pick up a pair of jeans or a top that I knew would only get worn a couple of times or so for a few bucks... heck what a deal. Plus I like the idea of knowing that (hopefully!) the clothing had already been preshrunk at one time or another so no fears with buying something that fits today and shrinks tomorrow! I have noticed lately, though, that they have gone up in price a little on certain things... still a deal, though. Bought a pair of white house/black market jeans for 16.99 that retails for $125 and a sweater for $24.99 that retailed for over $150... don't normally like to spend that much at Goodwill, but a deal is a deal!
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm 40lbs down and I haven't bought any new clothes yet as I can't afford to buy more now and in another 30lbs, so everything is pretty baggy on me. I'm really looking forward to going into a normal store and buying some clothes I like instead of going to [insert big and tall website] and buying whatever fits.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Ross, Target, Walmart or thrift stores are your friend. Buy the minimal amount you can get by with. Choose basics (both in style and color) that will go with everything. Also, I try to buy clothes that are a little tighter than I would normally like to wear and wear them until they are a little looser than I would normally like to wear. It buys me a little bit of time. It's frustrating to constantly be shrinking out of clothes...but it's the best frustration I've ever been through! Enjoy the process!

Basically all of this. ESPECIALLY the bit about buying the minimal amount you can get by with. I'm reaching my goal and starting to splurge a bit more now and then, but for the past 2 years I have been losing weight steadily and gone down many sizes. So I understand how expensive it can be. If you're a person who likes fashion & is a bit "into it" I know how hard it can be too, to go from having like 40 pairs of jeans/pants to just three or four that fit. Even if you shop secondhand/clearance and/or don't have too big of a budgetary concern, it's just annoying and wasteful to buy tons of clothes in every size.