My One Day Snickers Bar Story

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    This is amazing. Now I must find that Hulk-size Snickers bar for.... reasons....
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Haha I might need to try this with Twix bars! :p
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    My friend is trying to get me to do a juice cleanse with her (ain't happening, I get mean when I don't eat). I'm going to suggest that she eat 300 calories' worth of Snickers instead.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    This is amazing. Now I must find that Hulk-size Snickers bar for.... reasons....

They are at Target during holiday time in the Holiday section by the trees and decorations and Christmas cards, usually at the back.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hahahahahahahaha!

Candy Candy Candy Candy! And Halloween is long gone. I can't believe you had the willpower to not grab a steak, lol.

:D
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    jmapes9 wrote: »
    Some of you here on MFP know me, but most of you don't. I've lost 192 pounds, and have maintained that weight loss since March of this year. I lost this weight through diet and exercise alone. I know, just as many of us here know, what it takes to lose this kind of weight, and keep it off. I've had many weak moments along the way, cheat days, whatever. I'm a firm believer that all food can be consumed in moderation, and the key to losing weight, or maintaining it, is to stay focused MOST of the time.

A little less than a year ago, I saw one of these things at a party...
    bkJEwOv.jpg

I was intrigued by its size, and just had to read the nutrition label. 2250 calories. Or, 9 servings of 250... which is the calorie count for a regular sized Snickers bar. After reading the label, I joked about how interesting it would be, to eat nothing other than an entire Snickers Slice n' Share in one day. I mean, my maintenance calories is 2226 a day, and this enormous candy bar would only be 24 more calories than that.

Yesterday, I turned this joke into a reality. While I didn't have an actual Snickers Slice n' Share bar, I did what I could, and bought 9 regular ones...
    etBvW5f.jpg

With the exception of the 3 liters of water I drink in a day, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and my normal amount of coffee, nothing else went in my mouth yesterday, other than 9 Snickers candy bars.

Believe it or not, this was not entirely a bad experience. I ate 1 bar at 7am, and repeated this process each hour, until 2PM. At 5:45PM, I ate my last bar. While I felt pretty hungry though the main part of the day, by the time I was ready to go to bed last night, I felt no hungrier than I normally do, when I'm eating normally.

The last half of the day, I definitely felt... off. Not terrible. Not sick. Just off. When I went to bed, the only side effect of all those Snickers bars, was that it took about 20 minutes longer for me to fall asleep.

As far as nutrition is concerned, it wasn't nearly as bad as you might think. The fat content was nearly on par with a normal day's consumption. The sodium level was far less than an average day, as was the cholesterol. And, believe it or not, the sugar level wasn't even twice of what I normally consume daily. The only serious negative, was that those bars didn't even come close to meeting a day's worth of protein.

My final thoughts? I'm not going to recommend this idea to anyone, but I wouldn't discount it, either. Have fun once in awhile, y'all. I did. And, not only did I satisfy my Snickers bar cravings for the next year, I also lost 1.8 pounds yesterday, too.

No matter how you slice it....

• sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    catceol wrote: »
    There is this thing called the "mono" diet. Lots of people with eating disorders do it. You eat one food (e.g. a snickers bar or plan choc or peanut butter or nutella or whatever) for some reason you loose weight when you do this. Dramatic amounts. But, you get ill. The amount you lost is parallel to what the girls lost. Mono is extremely dangerous. The reason you were losing weight is to do with your body not being able to digest. Thats one day without all those glorious nutrients you need.

Cool experiment but, if you want to continue this for weight loss purposes: don't.

Fortunately, Snickerses have more than one ingredient, so I'm sure it all digested fine.

There's no rational reason to believe the "mono" nonsense.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Hahahahahahahaha!

Candy Candy Candy Candy! And Halloween is long gone. I can't believe you had the willpower to not grab a steak, lol.

:D

I don't even know why one of the snickers could not have been crumbled up and added to a protein shake for extra protein?
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Ahahaha I love experiments! Great one!
    p.s. Now I want a snickers bar ><
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Now that's what I call a lifestyle change
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    9 snickers in a day is admirable but 3 liters of water, well I really bow to you on that!

I'm partial to Big Hunk candy bars which are really hard (for me) to find. They are 25% fat.

Here's a web page with the nutrition for a whole bunch of candy bars:

http://candy-bars.findthebest.com/

55835802.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    jmapes9 wrote: »
    Some of you here on MFP know me, but most of you don't. I've lost 192 pounds, and have maintained that weight loss since March of this year. I lost this weight through diet and exercise alone. I know, just as many of us here know, what it takes to lose this kind of weight, and keep it off. I've had many weak moments along the way, cheat days, whatever. I'm a firm believer that all food can be consumed in moderation, and the key to losing weight, or maintaining it, is to stay focused MOST of the time.

A little less than a year ago, I saw one of these things at a party...
    bkJEwOv.jpg

I was intrigued by its size, and just had to read the nutrition label. 2250 calories. Or, 9 servings of 250... which is the calorie count for a regular sized Snickers bar. After reading the label, I joked about how interesting it would be, to eat nothing other than an entire Snickers Slice n' Share in one day. I mean, my maintenance calories is 2226 a day, and this enormous candy bar would only be 24 more calories than that.

Yesterday, I turned this joke into a reality. While I didn't have an actual Snickers Slice n' Share bar, I did what I could, and bought 9 regular ones...
    etBvW5f.jpg

With the exception of the 3 liters of water I drink in a day, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and my normal amount of coffee, nothing else went in my mouth yesterday, other than 9 Snickers candy bars.

Believe it or not, this was not entirely a bad experience. I ate 1 bar at 7am, and repeated this process each hour, until 2PM. At 5:45PM, I ate my last bar. While I felt pretty hungry though the main part of the day, by the time I was ready to go to bed last night, I felt no hungrier than I normally do, when I'm eating normally.

The last half of the day, I definitely felt... off. Not terrible. Not sick. Just off. When I went to bed, the only side effect of all those Snickers bars, was that it took about 20 minutes longer for me to fall asleep.

As far as nutrition is concerned, it wasn't nearly as bad as you might think. The fat content was nearly on par with a normal day's consumption. The sodium level was far less than an average day, as was the cholesterol. And, believe it or not, the sugar level wasn't even twice of what I normally consume daily. The only serious negative, was that those bars didn't even come close to meeting a day's worth of protein.

My final thoughts? I'm not going to recommend this idea to anyone, but I wouldn't discount it, either. Have fun once in awhile, y'all. I did. And, not only did I satisfy my Snickers bar cravings for the next year, I also lost 1.8 pounds yesterday, too.

No matter how you slice it....

Snickers really satisfies

snickers-o.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    There is this thing called the "mono" diet. Lots of people with eating disorders do it. You eat one food (e.g. a snickers bar or plan choc or peanut butter or nutella or whatever) for some reason you loose weight when you do this. Dramatic amounts. But, you get ill. The amount you lost is parallel to what the girls lost. Mono is extremely dangerous. The reason you were losing weight is to do with your body not being able to digest. Thats one day without all those glorious nutrients you need.

Cool experiment but, if you want to continue this for weight loss purposes: don't.

why so serious???
  • Interesting story! "Have fun once in awhile" YES! Getting and being healthy isn't about being paranoid all the time about what goes through your mouth. I might just try this one day lmao
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Lol. I love this.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    bettywhitesnicker.png
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »

why so serious???
    ^^This.
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Thanks for all the wonderful pics and gifs, y'all. These are awesome.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Good job and thansk for the read. Im sure I used to do this a lot before the diet or a combination of sweets or chips.