My One Day Snickers Bar Story

Replies

• jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Now if he did a four week experiment, tracking weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc and posted the before and after results that would be very interesting to witness.
    OMG What a terrible idea!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    OMG, OP, I just saw those candy bars in the store. There were also gigando Reese's PB cups.

I, too, thought it would be fun to eat a giant Snickers bar. I'm not going to try that out, lol, but loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    OMG, OP, I just saw those candy bars in the store. There were also gigando Reese's PB cups.

I, too, thought it would be fun to eat a giant Snickers bar. I'm not going to try that out, lol, but loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing!! :)

I'd totally go for the Reese's. My boyfriend bought me those last year, and I just couldn't break into them because I know I wouldn't stop. Reese's is like crack! There is no stopping once you get started. Mmmmmm. . . :yum:
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    this chocolate deluxe protein bar just isnt doing it for me right now...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    I may have to repeat your experiment, but with 11.74 Almond Snickers bars (my daily goal is 2700).

Yes. Almond Snickers are heaven.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    love it
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    I may have to repeat your experiment, but with 11.74 Almond Snickers bars (my daily goal is 2700).

AND less calories :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    jmapes9 wrote: »

I had one a couple months ago and it was totally not worth the calories for me :(
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

I had one a couple months ago and it was totally not worth the calories for me :(

I hate it when I eat something and feel like it wasn't worth it. :(

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

I had my first one on Tuesday.

Was totally happy with it- much to my surprise.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss and thanks for the fun post :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Thanks for the smile of the day, and congratulations on all you have achieved! Now I want a Snickers (just one though, and it must be frozen!).
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »

I'd totally go for the Reese's. My boyfriend bought me those last year, and I just couldn't break into them because I know I wouldn't stop. Reese's is like crack! There is no stopping once you get started. Mmmmmm. . . :yum:

The giant Reese's are literally my dream come true. And yes, I'm using literally correctly! Lol

My hubby bought one last year and they are totally worth it! Not saying I ate the whole thing at once though, too rich! But the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is perfection, much like the trees and eggs they put out seasonally. That's why I like them so much.
  • radiatingkayla
    radiatingkayla Posts: 37 Member
    This was awesome to read! I've thought about doing something similar. My calorie target is about 1600 and when I was sick I had a pint of ben and jerry's with toppings throughout the day hahahaha. It's fun to experiment every now and then! Also, congrats man!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    May have to try this with doppelbocks sometime. It worked for the monks after all.

May have a hard time hitting my protein macro though.
  • Weightlossdude53
    Weightlossdude53 Posts: 70 Member
    Fantastic story! Snickers are mynall time favorite but Imwouldn't want to eat 9! Congratulations on your loss!

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Oh man, great post.

I was in Target earlier and decided to look to see if they had the Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I was sooooooooooo tempted to buy the Snickers but just walked away laughing instead. The girl I passed when leaving the display must have thought I was nuts. :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Now if he did a four week experiment, tracking weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc and posted the before and after results that would be very interesting to witness.
    OMG What a terrible idea!
    OMG terrrible ideas are so money, you would be famouser than that one dude from supersize me. i forget his name. because he's so famous. LOL. :p
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

yah, to me snickers IS peanuts.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    edited November 2014
    Jruzer wrote: »
    May have to try this with doppelbocks sometime. It worked for the monks after all.

May have a hard time hitting my protein macro though.

Not at all, if you can do it with a wheat, you can sure as hell do it with a Doppelbock:

2014-07-08171726_zpsaea82293.png