My One Day Snickers Bar Story

Options

Replies

• ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thank you for creating a thread that didn't contribute to MFP bingo this week. What a great story! I'm hoping to try something similar, but I'll use Kinder Bueno instead. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    OMG, OP, I just saw those candy bars in the store. There were also gigando Reese's PB cups.

I, too, thought it would be fun to eat a giant Snickers bar. I'm not going to try that out, lol, but loved reading your story. Thanks for sharing!! :)

I'd totally go for the Reese's. My boyfriend bought me those last year, and I just couldn't break into them because I know I wouldn't stop. Reese's is like crack! There is no stopping once you get started. Mmmmmm. . . :yum:
    I saw the Snickers first and could not decide which would be better. Reese's are like crack, lol. I avoid the hell out of their stuff now. It really is unbelievably good! :)
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Great experiment. I think I need to give this a try. You could have gotten the protein Marathon Snickers. I don't know if they actually taste the same though.
    854-0001.jpg
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Love this! I saw the big snickers bar at Toys R Us, and the only thought in my mind was how hard cutting it would be. I cut lots of candy when I was younger, my mom had a bakery/candy shop.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I may need to try this Snickers cleanse. Ha!

Sneakers detox, haha!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Love this

But Question: Did you enjoy every bar the same or did you dread eating the last one?
  • KimWillBeThin81
    Options
    Those giant candy bars look so awesome. I actually saw the giant York pmint patty one today. I got my dad the reeces one last year, he ate both giant cups in like three days lol.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I want a snickers bar so bad right now, they're my favourite!!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I think I may have fallen in love with you!!
    awesomegif.gif
  • catceol
    catceol Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    sseqwnp wrote: »

Fortunately, Snickerses have more than one ingredient, so I'm sure it all digested fine.

There's no rational reason to believe the "mono" nonsense.

It works. Its not a case of believe or not. It's science (admittedly that hasn't been tested yet but, it is a biological response).

If you ate nothing but snickers long term you would not be a well person.

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    jmapes9 wrote: »
    Now if he did a four week experiment, tracking weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc and posted the before and after results that would be very interesting to witness.
    OMG What a terrible idea!

Hey, the twinkie guy did it. You could become the snicker's guy!
  • kharev
    kharev Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    legit!!!!
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :)
    I think I probably would get bored after my third bar, but well done for going through with it and sharing your experience!
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Question: Did you enjoy every bar the same or did you dread eating the last one?
    I enjoyed them all the same. Since I was fairly hungry throughout the day, I looked forward to every hour, when I had another Snickers to eat.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Is someone going to to do the Reese diet for a week?
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Is someone going to to do the Reese diet for a week?

im on it...perhaps next week. may the force be wirh me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    catceol wrote: »
    sseqwnp wrote: »

Fortunately, Snickerses have more than one ingredient, so I'm sure it all digested fine.

There's no rational reason to believe the "mono" nonsense.

It works. Its not a case of believe or not. It's science (admittedly that hasn't been tested yet but, it is a biological response).

If you ate nothing but snickers long term you would not be a well person.

if you ate ANY single food item for a long term- you would not be a well person.
    - I do not understand the point.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I live for variety, so this test would SUCK big time for me. I had a similar experience preparing for surgery. For two weeks pre-surgery I was on meal replacement drinks and one glass of skim milk a day. MAAAN that was horrible. I was "off" as you describe, and weak. I had to give up my daily walk. This diet, closely supervised by a dietitian, was to shrink my liver. It worked. My liver gave up it's spare glycogen stores. I also lost twenty pounds in those two weeks. I counted the days when I could eat "real food" again.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I love this. Everything about it.