Movie You May Not Have Seen

Options

Replies

• StopherJJMFP
    StopherJJMFP Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    kangakev wrote: »
    The Incredible Mr Limpet....part animated film with Don Knotts....cowardly man who loves fish accidentially falls into ocean, becomes a fish and helps US navy sink german submarines in WW2 ....his time as fish is the animated part, interacting with real actors

Wow! I had all but forgotten about this! That's what I'm talking about, films like this are what I'm talking about!
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The Sunset Limited is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I've yet to meet anyone who has seen it.

MV5BMTM3MjUyMTY1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE0MDQ0NA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    abuck_13 wrote: »
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Only obscure if you didn't grow up in the 80s..

real-genius.16835.jpg

Oh man has it been ages.....

"Rue the day?" Who talks like that?

So it's both immoral *and* unethical?

So you'll hammer later!

This is my favorite movie. I watch it...probably at least once a quarter. It is why I know the lyrics, or most of the lyrics to, Everybody Wants to Rule the World.

And why I think that lasers are dangerous yet beneficial to the world of cooking.

And, since you started the quoting!

Bodie: He said he didn't feel like it. And I said, "You'd better!" And he said, "Or what?" And I said, "Or you're gonna be in trouble." And he said, "Jam it!"
    Professor Hathaway: That's a wonderful story, Bodie. I noticed you've stopped stuttering.
    Bodie: I've been giving myself shock treatments.
    Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.
  • StopherJJMFP
    Options
    The Sunset Limited is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I've yet to meet anyone who has seen it.

MV5BMTM3MjUyMTY1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE0MDQ0NA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Added it to my queue, I can't wait!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Odd Thomas
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    The Bad Seed...mid 50s....people associated with this little girl begin to die in unusual accidents..her mother begins to suspect the little girl and begins to investigate
  • StopherJJMFP
    Options
    The Bad Seed...mid 50s....people associated with this little girl begin to die in unusual accidents..her mother begins to suspect the little girl and begins to investigate

I had added that to my queue long ago! But after reading your description it just got moved up! Seems super interesting!
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    Couple obscure Mamet films:
    1) Oleanna: Only 4 people in the whole movie, but one of them happens to be William H Macy. Two people talking, stepping on the end of each other's sentences for 2 hours. Interesting flick.

2) American Buffalo. Dennis Franz and Dustin Hoffman. Guys sitting around a pawn shop planning a big heist.

3) My FAVORITE Mamet movie of all-time is: STATE AND MAIN OUSTANDING cast, great plot. "SO, that happened!" If you haven't seen this, you MUST put it to the top of your list.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    santa slays
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I bet most of you haven't seen this Gorey 70s film! I have twice! :flushed:
    drillerkiller3_0.jpg
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Le roi et l'oiseau 80s French
  • kangakev
    Options
    The Phantom Tollbooth...early 70s...part animated..an obnoxiuos, lazy boy finds a mysterious tollbooth in his bedroom, that leads him into a land ruled by opposing kingdoms of words and numbers...thru his adventures he learns valuable life lessons
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OLD BOY. One of the best movies EVER. It's Korean. Watch the subtitle version ONLY. Can't really tell you much about it because it will ruin it, but it's AMAZE-BALLS. It's got martial arts and *kitten*.

Also saw a quirky little film recently about a guy who believes(?) he is a superhero. It's called Special, and Michael Rapaport is just perfect in it.
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    MONKEY BONE
  • fatcity66
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Oops
  • fatcity66
    Options
    I liked "Thirst" a Korean movie made in 2008. Subtitled into English. A young priest gets a diseased blood transfusion that turns him into a vampire. Because he is a man of god...he cannot kill...so steals from blood banks for his blood to drink. He falls for this woman...at her request makes her a vampire...but she goes on a wild killing spree, enjoying her power. He realises he must stop her...so he tricks her into going to an isolated place with no cover...and they die together as the morning sun rises.

I saw that one. It was interesting. I preferred Let the Right One In as far as vampire flicks. Much superior to the American remake.
  • fatcity66
    Options
    My favorite movie is Donnie Darko, but it's probably not in the same league as some of the ones mentioned in this thread.

A definite cult classic, and one of my favorites. I was so moved, I dreamed about it many times after watching it for the first time.
  • kangakev
    Options
    Murphys War...peter o'toole...soul survivor of a ship sunk by a german u-boat..nursed back to health in a missionary hospital...sets out to destroy the u-boat when he learns it is damaged and hiding in a nearby river.
  • fatcity66
    Options
    LOVE this flick.

moon.jpg

I like that one too! I love unexpected plot twists.
  • fatcity66
    Options
    Ugh! I loathe Lars von Trier, Dancer In The Dark is his only film I've truly enjoyed. I'm in the middle of watching The Kingdom mini-series now and still need to watch Nymphomaniac I & II. Dogville would be the only other one I haven't seen! I guess I need to do it lol.

No Melancholia for you?