Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Alright, who's ready for some FOOTBALL??????
  • Kizombera07
    Kizombera07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to fitness pal and glad I signed up.

I'm a full time single Momma of two pre-teens, a 12 and a 13 yr olds. Though my time is extremely tight with their activities, I try to make time for me to exercise but sometimes the motivation is not there when I feel too overwhelmed or exhausted.

Food has never been a comfort thing to me, it's more like a "looking tasty temptation" I can rarely resist. Because of this, I am 20lbs over weight and feeling it on my feet and tummy... and seriously... I'm 5"2. Not cool.

Please feel free to add me. Any support will help

• MikePXstream
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to fitness pal and glad I signed up.

I'm a full time single Momma of two pre-teens, a 12 and a 13 yr olds. Though my time is extremely tight with their activities, I try to make time for me to exercise but sometimes the motivation is not there when I feel too overwhelmed or exhausted.

Food has never been a comfort thing to me, it's more like a "looking tasty temptation" I can rarely resist. Because of this, I am 20lbs over weight and feeling it on my feet and tummy... and seriously... I'm 5"2. Not cool.

Please feel free to add me. Any support will help

Welcome to the group. check out my other post on "What is your why." That might give you some ideas on how to keep that motivation going. ;)
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Mum of 5 three grown ups 23,22,20 and 16 and 12 please free to add me
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    So, most of last week I was down with the flu. That sucked. Maybe not flu, but really bad cold. Yesterday was the first day I felt well enough to workout, today was #2. So I think I am back in business. How are you all doing this week?
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    single mom of an 11 and 17yr old girls. I work full time and have just joined the gym 2 weeks ago.
    as far as my week i have had better. I tweaked a back muscle and woke up with spasms tues. its doing better today bu i haven't been able to exercise so trying to stay within my calories.
    oh and im a canadian ;) we got snow last night boo
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    lisa9805 wrote: »
    single mom of an 11 and 17yr old girls. I work full time and have just joined the gym 2 weeks ago.
    as far as my week i have had better. I tweaked a back muscle and woke up with spasms tues. its doing better today bu i haven't been able to exercise so trying to stay within my calories.
    oh and im a canadian ;) we got snow last night boo

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    43M...three boys (12, 7, 2)...down 27lbs from a start of ~252 (may have been higher). Been at this since early December when I was laid off...lots of time to go to the gym :-)
  • lelachipman
    lelachipman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a single mom. My oldest daughter still lives with me and has the gift of autism. My youngest daughter recently moved out on her own with my Granddaughter.
    I am learning how to take care of myself and it is really hard after caring for 4 kids (2 of them with special needs). But, I'm getting there.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »
    43M...three boys (12, 7, 2)...down 27lbs from a start of ~252 (may have been higher). Been at this since early December when I was laid off...lots of time to go to the gym :-)
    Hi. I am a single mom. My oldest daughter still lives with me and has the gift of autism. My youngest daughter recently moved out on her own with my Granddaughter.
    I am learning how to take care of myself and it is really hard after caring for 4 kids (2 of them with special needs). But, I'm getting there.

Welcome to the group

• MikePXstream
    Options
    I finally feel back to normal. I went for a 4 mile run today. 10:40 pace. Felt good. I have 3 weeks left in the program I am doing and I am most definitely going to do another round of it. I have lost 3 lbs so far, but more importantly I have gotten stronger and slowly getting more definition. I love it!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I'm working on a little something that are some of the things I did to help me get started and keep going with my fitness journey. If I put something together, would you be interested?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy friday! I hope you had a fantastic week and the weekend looks equally promising? What do you have planned? No gymnastics meet for my daughter this weekend, so probably just some good ole family time!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Are you trying to better your health and fitness but not sure where to start? Or maybe you start, but can't keep going because you feel lost or uncertain. I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way a couple of years ago. But I found out the several steps I needed to start and keep going. I'd like to share those with you.
    Use this link to learn the 5 Steps I used to help me start and maintain my health and fitness journey.

http://eepurl.com/bRdZg5
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I have just over a week left for this program. Excited, and at the same time mad at myself. I totally sabotaged my results last weekend. Moment of weakness and had pizza and soda. Not just one slice of pizza either. Like 3. Plus a damn soda! I maybe only have 1 a month now. maybe every other month, but being this close to the end I can't believe I gave in to temptation like that. So annoying! I hope you all are doing better than I did.
  • BamaRunningGirl
    BamaRunningGirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mother of three teenagers here. Feel free to add me.
  • ashatwell87
    ashatwell87 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Anyone else can as well! I love the support MFP offers! Having friends on here is awesome!
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Father of 2 boys here... ages 2 and 14 (yeah...toddler and a teenager...hahaha).
  • Haevyre
    Haevyre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Two boys (3 and 6) here. I don't think anyone without kids can really understand the time commitment and challenges associated with parenting.

Finding time and energy to workout is tricky, but we manage. It's the preparation of healthy meals that often proves our undoing. Let's face it, when cooking for two picky eaters with different nutritional needs from yourself, it's easy to fall back on whatever's easy and available...
This discussion has been closed.