Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I was very cautious at thanksgiving. I used a smaller plate, I watched my portion sizes very carefully. If it seemed like a "half" portion, I cut it down in half again. So I was very careful. For the heck of it I decided to log everything and see how I did. Thanksgiving dinner - 1666 calories!!! If I had not had a piece of pie I would have cut about 350 calories out of that, but still! Man! So much for "being careful!" I'm glad I did this though because it showed me that even when we *think* we're doing okay, we can totally be overdoing it. Back to the grind today. :p
  • ellehcimyelhsa23
    Options
    I have three girls and a boy! 9, 7, 4 & 4 :smiley:
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    My of 2 boys 8 and 3. I am looking for some more friends to help me Stay on track
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Working Mom of 2 kids--boy is 3 girl is 7. I will add you!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @MikePXstream How'd your kid do at regionals?

@ everyone else *waves* hi and welcome.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    @MikePXstream How'd your kid do at regionals?

@ everyone else *waves* hi and welcome.

Tough competition. He came in around 50th I think out of 80. He started off to slow and couldn't make up for it. We're still very proud of him. Thank you for asking. :smile:
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hello Everybody. I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday weekend. And for my over seas friends or friends on the other sides of the borders, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.

We rant the local Turkey Trot, My son came in first for his age group and my daughter 5th, then I had dinner early with my family, and then headed off to work. People still love their TV on the holidays, and my department monitors it all to make sure there are limited issues. :smile:

Saturday we had beautiful weather, so we got our Christmas tree and outside lights up. Then relaxed for the rest pf the weekend. I did miss a couple of workouts, but IO am back on track as of this morning. 47 minutes of cardio with the program I have been doing and some light stretching.

What is your plan for the week?

• NicoleMarie2486
    NicoleMarie2486 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have 3 little ones. 6, 3, and 4 months. It's been an adjustment trying to juggle all 3! It hard to find time to take care of yourself. I started a couple weeks ago watching my calorie intake and working out.

Feel free to add me
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    atvpd2pdrf4f.jpg

I asked this a few weeks ago, but I thought I would bring it up again. Especially with this being the first of the month and close to new years when all those resolutions start to come up.

Have you ever played the 5 Why's Game? If you have kids, I bet you have. :)

Do this for a goal you're thinking about striving for.
    Ask yourself why.
    Then ask yourself why again....

Do this for a total of 5 times and you'll get to the root of why you want to do that. It will open your eyes to the true meanings behind it.

Example.
    I want to lose weight. Why?
    I want to feel better. Why?
    I want to be able to play with my kids like the other fathers/mothers do. Why?
    Because I hate it when I can't do something with my kids. Why?
    Because my kids matter to me. Why?
    Because I want to be around for them for a long time, and want them to be a good role model for them.

When I finally understood why I wanted to be healthier and more fit, working out and eating better became more consistent. For me, knowing my family history of diabetes, as I am sure you all read earlier, was my driving force. to be around for as long as possible for my wife and kids as well as future grandchildren. Knowing if I didn't change my ways I would suffer the demise of my grandfather and mother. I did not want that to happen.

So think about this, and if you are comfortable, share with us.

• Azercord
    Options
    Wait a minute, with kids it is supposed to stop at the fifth why?
  • TeishaCamp86
    TeishaCamp86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have an eleven year old daughter, and trying to get back on a fitness regimen. Would love to find others trying to do the same! Add me
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Wait a minute, with kids it is supposed to stop at the fifth why?

lol. It should, but never quite works out that way does it.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    71iv8e3faifq.jpg

So, here is the question of the day. Why is making a commitment to your goals so hard? Why is it that so many others can stick with it, and others can't? My thoughts....Support!

If you don't have support, accountability, someone to help keep you going through the hard times, then you skip a day, then another day, then a week, month, so on and so on. The next thing you know, it is 3 months later, you haven't accomplished what you said you would, and feel defeated!

Don't do that! Not this time. Now is the time to make the decision to stay loyal to YOUR cause, and fight for what you deserve. Find someone to support you. Your spouse, sibling, close friend, whomever. If you can't find anyone, than follow me! I'll support you as long as I can. If your making the commitment, stay loyal to it and fight on!!!

What is a goal you are committed to?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning. What a busy weekend. My wife and I ran the #Colderbolder on Saturday, ran another 3 miles yesterday, and relaxed the rest of the time. Kids went to running club like usual on Saturday. I got my workout in this morning and went for another 2 mile run.

Last year on January first, well I guess this year actually, I posted on FB That I would run, walk, or crawl 3 miles for every like I received on that post. Well I have 51 miles to go this month. It's going to be tough. I think I have 339 total to run for the year.

Happy Monday!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    uq4cw2b54v7g.jpg

How many of you feel you failed this past year? With your health, fitness, work, whatever? How many of you have thought that your failure was the end all be all for that?

For years we have been led to believe that failure is bad. That is not so true. Think back to the different things you accomplished in you life. Now, how many attempts did you have to make before you succeeded at that task? 1, 10, 100? Those were all failures. But guess what, without those, you would not have succeeded!

Why am I bringing this up you ask? It's simple. Maybe you have tried to exercise, but only lasted a few days or weeks, then threw in the towel. Maybe you tried to eat a little better, but after a week you binged on some pizza from papa John's. Or maybe, you tried to implement something new at work or home, but it didn't take as fast as you liked. Whatever the case may be, you need to look at it differently. Don't consider them failures, they were just minor setbacks, failures needed, to pave the way towards YOUR marker of SUCCESS!

Do you agree?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    d0j4kinf85ja.jpg

Here is my goal for the end of the year. I think I have actually received a few more likes on the original post, so I may have to bust out a few more miles. Yikes. It's going to be tough!
  • Azercord
    Options
    59 miles for the month - you got this. Going to take some work but fitting in a mile or two here and there will make that goal toast.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Very true. I did not get any on today. only hit 13 degrees today, and now it is -7. May have to settle for the treadmill as much as I hate it for the next couple of days.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    icqe8ud9lt8c.jpg

Are you waiting for your circumstances to get better to try something new? Are you waiting to be richer, waiting for more free time to show up, or waiting for something very important to happen?

Or are you just waiting for fate to give you everything that you deserve? I definitely believe in karma. Good things do come around if you're doing things for the right reasons.

But I believe more in going out there and changing your own circumstances. Too many people nowadays wait for things to happen to them, instead of MAKING things happen for them.

So what am I asking you to do? That I don't know. But I do know that there's something in your life that you've been waiting on for the circumstances to get better.
    What would happen if instead you went out there and grabbed those opportunities and made them your own? Does that mean more exercising, eating healthier, maybe becoming a coach and reaping all the benefits that I have seen?
    I don't know.
    But it sure wouldn't hurt to try whatever you've been thinking of.
    I'm sure whoever you're waiting on to miraculously help you, would sure like a little bit of help from you.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, and your outlook @MikePXstream. Mine (3) are grown and gone, and my wife and I are working the kinks out of our joints and ready to start stretching our legs again.

I don't know what tips I could offer to busy parents other than stop at least once every few hours, breath, and don't blink :D
This discussion has been closed.