Anyone else excited about the new S'mores Quest bar???

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yes, but I'll be watching for their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale to get a box.

Which site usually has the best deals?

The Quest site did last year!

• KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    I haven't really liked any of the flavors I've tried so far. Pure Protein and Balance Bar have s'mores bars that fit my macros tho so if the Quest one sucks no harm no foul XD
  • Francl27
    I haven't really liked any of the flavors I've tried so far. Pure Protein and Balance Bar have s'mores bars that fit my macros tho so if the Quest one sucks no harm no foul XD

I bought a box of the Pure Protein s'mores last year. First time ever I actually threw out some protein bars. I found them vile. The only Pure Protein bars I really loved are the soft baked ones but I haven't found them in stores in ages.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    Yes, but I'll be watching for their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale to get a box.

Which site usually has the best deals?

The Quest site did last year!

Was the sale on Dark Thursday, Black Friday, or Cyber Monday?
  • justaboat
    justaboat Posts: 17 Member
    I'm sooooooo excited
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Oooo, I hope they have a sale this year and they'll ship them to Australia. I'm due for a new supply
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Not really, quest bars are ridiculously expensive for what you're getting in my opinion. I don't really get it, people are fanatical about them and pay a ton of money for them. Reminds me of Apple computers lol

They aren't that expensive. $26 for a box of 12 on iHerb. That's just over $2 a bar, which is a little below the average price of any bar here in Aus.

Right, most protein bars are overpriced and unnecessary, and from what I've seen around here, quest bars are on the upper end of how much protein bars usually cost.

Eh, I would argue that 20g of enjoyable protein at just over $2 is fairly good value.

How much are the pure protein bars? I used to eat them but I think Quest has less ingredients and less calories.

Pure protein bars at walmart are about $6 for 6 of them, and they're similar in calories to quest bars. I think quest ranges in calories from 180-200ish, and the pure protein are all around 200 calories. No fiber in the pure protein bars though. While they aren't necessary and can be pricey, it's nice that they're easily portable, so I like taking them on hikes.

And I believe the flash sale on quest bars last year was cyber monday.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    Not really, quest bars are ridiculously expensive for what you're getting in my opinion. I don't really get it, people are fanatical about them and pay a ton of money for them. Reminds me of Apple computers lol

They aren't that expensive. $26 for a box of 12 on iHerb. That's just over $2 a bar, which is a little below the average price of any bar here in Aus.

Right, most protein bars are overpriced and unnecessary, and from what I've seen around here, quest bars are on the upper end of how much protein bars usually cost.

Eh, I would argue that 20g of enjoyable protein at just over $2 is fairly good value.

How much are the pure protein bars? I used to eat them but I think Quest has less ingredients and less calories.

Pure protein bars at walmart are about $6 for 6 of them, and they're similar in calories to quest bars. I think quest ranges in calories from 180-200ish, and the pure protein are all around 200 calories. No fiber in the pure protein bars though. While they aren't necessary and can be pricey, it's nice that they're easily portable, so I like taking them on hikes.

And I believe the flash sale on quest bars last year was cyber monday.

Really? I thought pure protein bars were close to 300. Thats one reason why I stopped eating them.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member

Really? I thought pure protein bars were close to 300. Thats one reason why I stopped eating them.

Yeah the box in my pantry is 300cal for the 20g protein bars. They have a 15g protein bar that is 190, the crisp ones (they are really good).

Those 300 calorie ones are like dense bricks to me. So hard to choke down!
  • Francl27
    So... Anyone tried them yet? They have a cyber Monday sale again and I was thinking of getting a box if they're good.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Waiting for the sale as well, I'm def getting at least one box lol
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    How much do they usually go on sale for? Now I'm annoyed, I just bought boxes at the gym for the normal $25 price
  • Francl27
    They say it's going to be 25% off if you spend between $39.99 and $100 and free shipping, but the protein powder isn't included in the sale (but they'll have a deal for that later, I think they've been overwhelmed by the demand).

So I'm getting three boxes (s'mores, chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry) and maybe I'll try some chips too...
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    I just ordered a box! Cyber Monday is 25% off and coupon code "OnAQuest" can be used for free shipping.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I recently ordered a mixed box of bars and some chips but couldn't resist this sale so stocked up on chips and took the opportunity to order the new s'mores bar (so, basically, another mixed box).

KeepTheFaith, did you get the 25% discount with the OnAQuest code? I didn't try it but I wasn't seeing an automatic discount in my cart until I used the cyberus code which takes care of the 25% discount and free shipping at the same time.

Also, here's a trick with the boxes of bars and chips. You can mix and match and still get the $24.99 and $16.75 price if you make your own cases.
  • Francl27
    I admit I didn't dare buying whole cases of chips, I just bought 3 bags to try them out... but got my favorite bars and the s'mores ones.
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Anyone interested in buying them should buy them today FOR SURE! Quest is having a Cyber Monday sale which is 25% off and free shipping! Added $40 of stuff to my cart and paid $26 for it. Can't beat that!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    I didn't order any of the new flavor but I did place on an order on GNC for 40% off last night for 4 boxes and bought another 6 boxes off the quest site this morning for 25% off and free shipping. I think GNC sale is still on but they are higher than the quest website.

I got my favs: Choc Chip Cookie dough, Chocolate Brownie and Peanut Butter Supreme.

I was going through withdrawals of them since I hadn't any GNC coupons for about a month and had one Brownie one left in my purse!

I love Quest bars and highly recommend them for a snack or a meal replacement. Loaded with protein and the carbs are mainly fiber carbs-the good carbs. My nutritionist recommends them too.

I have tried others like Pure Protein and they just taste nasty and aren't as high in Protein for the calorie count. If you get Quest bars on sale you can pay only $1.50 or $1.70 a pc for them. I used to get them alot cheaper when I had the $10 off $20 coupons through GNC and they had them Buy 3 get 1 free or Buy 2 get 1 free. I was getting them for like $1.20 due to the sale, coupon and my gold card.

Happy Shopping!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014
    what's a bad carb?

does it keep a whip under the bed? because really- if I'm honest- I prefer those types of carbs. Daddy doesn't approve of them though. :(
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    LOL!! Too funny!
    JoRocka wrote: »
    what's a bad carb?

does it keep a whip under the bed? because really- if I'm honest- I prefer those types of carbs. Daddy doesn't approve of them though. :(