Anyone else excited about the new S'mores Quest bar???

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    spfldpam wrote: »
    I didn't order any of the new flavor but I did place on an order on GNC for 40% off last night for 4 boxes and bought another 6 boxes off the quest site this morning for 25% off and free shipping. I think GNC sale is still on but they are higher than the quest website.

I got my favs: Choc Chip Cookie dough, Chocolate Brownie and Peanut Butter Supreme.

I was going through withdrawals of them since I hadn't any GNC coupons for about a month and had one Brownie one left in my purse!

I love Quest bars and highly recommend them for a snack or a meal replacement. Loaded with protein and the carbs are mainly fiber carbs-the good carbs. My nutritionist recommends them too.

I have tried others like Pure Protein and they just taste nasty and aren't as high in Protein for the calorie count. If you get Quest bars on sale you can pay only $1.50 or $1.70 a pc for them. I used to get them alot cheaper when I had the $10 off $20 coupons through GNC and they had them Buy 3 get 1 free or Buy 2 get 1 free. I was getting them for like $1.20 due to the sale, coupon and my gold card.

Happy Shopping!

Will have to check the Quest site.
  • fyrfytrca
    Options
    Skip them and eat real food. This stuff is crap

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Soluble Corn Fiber, Almonds, Erythritol, Water, Unsweetened Chocolate, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter. Contains less than 2% of the following: Cinnamon, Sea Salt, Baking Soda, Palm Oil, Steviol Glycosides (Stevia), Sunflower Lecithin, Sucralose, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I never had a S'more, but I'll try the S'more Quest bar and see what I think. I just bought 7 Quest bars last night. Has anyone tried the Quest protein powder? I can only use soy free protein products, and they are hard to find, but Quest is soy free.
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Is the Double Chocolate Chunk good?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    AJ_G wrote: »
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Not really, quest bars are ridiculously expensive for what you're getting in my opinion. I don't really get it, people are fanatical about them and pay a ton of money for them. Reminds me of Apple computers lol

They aren't that expensive. $26 for a box of 12 on iHerb. That's just over $2 a bar, which is a little below the average price of any bar here in Aus.

Right, most protein bars are overpriced and unnecessary, and from what I've seen around here, quest bars are on the upper end of how much protein bars usually cost.

Eh, I would argue that 20g of enjoyable protein at just over $2 is fairly good value.

How much are the pure protein bars? I used to eat them but I think Quest has less ingredients and less calories.

Pure protein bars at walmart are about $6 for 6 of them, and they're similar in calories to quest bars. I think quest ranges in calories from 180-200ish, and the pure protein are all around 200 calories. No fiber in the pure protein bars though. While they aren't necessary and can be pricey, it's nice that they're easily portable, so I like taking them on hikes.

And I believe the flash sale on quest bars last year was cyber monday.

Really? I thought pure protein bars were close to 300. Thats one reason why I stopped eating them.

The Pure Protein Bars with 30-31 grams of protein are 290 cals or so. The 19-21 grams of protein bars are all right around 200. I think the chocolate is 180.

• dunnodunno
    Options
    Thanks for the head's up about the Quest Nutrition site. I was going to buy from GNC this morning. I bought Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (my favorite) & one box of Double Chocolate Chunk & S'Mores.
  • natacos
    natacos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to get the Cyber Monday discount outside the US? It's not reflecting in the price (and taking me all the way to confirm payment page at full price). I tried the cyberus code mentioned above which updated my total to the discount but then it rejected the code when I put in my address info... The disclaimer at the top says free shipping only applies within US, but not that the discount only applies within US... I don't mind paying for shipping if I get the discount! Otherwise, I'm going on a trip to the US next week and might as well buy them full price in stores and then save on shipping...
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    Is the Double Chocolate Chunk good?

yes, very much so

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    natacos wrote: »
    Is it possible to get the Cyber Monday discount outside the US? It's not reflecting in the price (and taking me all the way to confirm payment page at full price). I tried the cyberus code mentioned above which updated my total to the discount but then it rejected the code when I put in my address info... The disclaimer at the top says free shipping only applies within US, but not that the discount only applies within US... I don't mind paying for shipping if I get the discount! Otherwise, I'm going on a trip to the US next week and might as well buy them full price in stores and then save on shipping...

Try cyberint
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    fyrfytrca wrote: »
    Skip them and eat real food. This stuff is crap

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate), Soluble Corn Fiber, Almonds, Erythritol, Water, Unsweetened Chocolate, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter. Contains less than 2% of the following: Cinnamon, Sea Salt, Baking Soda, Palm Oil, Steviol Glycosides (Stevia), Sunflower Lecithin, Sucralose, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum.

You know, you can buy all those ingredients. I'm not even sure which one you think is "crap". Maybe the Erythritol because some people don't like the after taste or if you are anti corn I could see you being upset over the corn fiber. Maybe you don't like Stevia or Splenda? Which part exactly is crap and why? How are those ingredients not "real food"? What is "real food"?

I can't wait to try the smores! I bought a single bar and a few boxes of the chocolate chip cookie ones. I enjoy them as a treat during my bodybuilding competition prep.
  • natacos
    natacos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

Try cyberint

Worked! Thank you. How do you guys know this stuff - is it listed somewhere?
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

Try cyberint

Worked! Thank you. How do you guys know this stuff - is it listed somewhere?

I signed up for their promotional mailings, the codes come in the emails.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    SO CHEAP! I bought 9 boxes. I bought a bunch of S'mores, so I will be eating them even if they are terrible lol.
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ugggggh Glassyo - I used the wrong code the first order. Luckily It was only on 1 box and at least I got the free shipping. So I had to go back in and order a couple more mixed boxes with the cyberus code!
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    What does everyone think of the White Chocolate Raspberry & Strawberry Cheesecake flavors?
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Damn, are they really that good? I've never tried them before but everyone seems to rave about them like they're candy bars. Is that what they taste like?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the White Chocolate Raspberry & Strawberry Cheesecake flavors?

I remember liking the white chocolate raspberry mostly because I don't like white chocolate or raspberries!
    Ugggggh Glassyo - I used the wrong code the first order. Luckily It was only on 1 box and at least I got the free shipping. So I had to go back in and order a couple more mixed boxes with the cyberus code!

Yeah, I think that OnAQuest code is once only and I already used it. Not sure tho since I *just* placed my first order 2 months ago.

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Ok, has anyone tried one, yet? Does it actually *resemble* a s'more? Or does it look like a "regular" protein bar with the "s'more" flavor? Regardless, I wanna know how it tastes! It might be a good treat! Looks really yummy! I sure wouldn't mind having some if they're good for snacks!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Miss_1999 wrote: »
    Ok, has anyone tried one, yet? Does it actually *resemble* a s'more? Or does it look like a "regular" protein bar with the "s'more" flavor? Regardless, I wanna know how it tastes! It might be a good treat! Looks really yummy! I sure wouldn't mind having some if they're good for snacks!

Lol yeah I can't believe nobody has tried them yet...