I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Replies

• 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Double Quarter pounder meal supersized with a coke.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Just for fun.... ahem.... I added up the "nutritional" stats of a lunch I'd have from McDonalds on a fairly regular basis. Sheesh..... :-)

Calories 2010
    Calories from Fat 820
    Total Fat 92g (142%)
    Saturated Fat 37g (184%)
    Trans Fat 2.5g
    Cholesterol 165mg (55%)
    Sodium 1930mg (80%)
    Total Carbs 246g (82%)
    Dietary Fiber 16g (65%)
    Sugars 106g
    Protein 56g
    Vitamin A 1040IU (20%)
    Vitamin C 71mg (120%)
    Calcium 360mg (35%)
    Iron 9.5mg (50%)
  • -Egg-less cookie dough so that I could eat a whole bowl at night while my family was asleep without the oven noise waking them
    -peanut butter sandwiches with marshmallow fluff or sprinkles in the middle
    -a whole pizza was child's play
    -peanut butter by the jar
    -those mug cakes that were wildly famous on pinterest (probably 700 cals for a mug-full)
    -Moe's nachos for lunch, which I later figured out were 1100 cals.

I just...it's so sad to look at it all at once, but at the time it was no big deal.
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    I would make a gigantic batch of nachos... the chips were probably 1200 calories alone...then add the shredded cheese and chicken... It
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Ugg liquid calories a whole other kind of problem. That's where it's not so much what it was but the volume that's sad.

Twice a week I used to meet up with friends and we would drink 3-4 liters (102-135 oz) of beer in one sitting. While drinking we usually had sandwiches and curly fries or chicken wings with it. 1400-1850 liquid calories but with food, easily 2600+ calories for the evening.

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I have eaten this many times, a Beacon Drive in Chili-Cheese A-Plenty. Huge burger with chili and cheese on it. The A-Plenty means that it is totally buried under fries and onion rings. I obviously had to give this meal up to lose some weight.e249shv4l7ts.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    -Egg-less cookie dough so that I could eat a whole bowl at night while my family was asleep without the oven noise waking them
    lpbiw4ak0mv6.png

I would make big bowls like this all the time and eat the entire thing. Now I make dough with protein powder and divide the portions into eight servings.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Powdered sugar and butter or cream cheese. In a mug, with a spoon. Uncooked pudding mixes. 2 or 3 bacon egg and cheese biscuits in the car after I had already eaten breakfast. Bags of Heath Toffee minis or 3,4,5 Skor bars. I was (am) a closet binge eater.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited December 2014
    NanzyBoek wrote: »
    raw ground beef

me too...My mom used to give it to me, I didn't understand at the time what it was. Are you German??

Me too....we called it "Tiger Meat". It was highly seasoned/sorta spicy and we ate it on crackers almost like pate......and yes, my dad was first generation German. I guess it must be a German thing. BTW-never ever made me sick.

Not just a German thing. We had it in France too. Heck you can find it in restaurants... it's 'steak tartare', and typically you add a raw egg on top too! I was never a fan, but my father loved it.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    raw ground beef

me too...My mom used to give it to me, I didn't understand at the time what it was. Are you German??

Me too....we called it "Tiger Meat". It was highly seasoned/sorta spicy and we ate it on crackers almost like pate......and yes, my dad was first generation German. I guess it must be a German thing. BTW-never ever made me sick.

Not just a German thing. We had it in France too. Heck you can find it in restaurants... it's 'steak tartare', and typically you add a raw egg on top too! I was never a fan, but my father loved it.

I was wondering if that would be considered steak tartare. I didn't know if that was technically ground beef or finely diced beef (or if that even matters from a microbial standpoint). Kind of envisioning the packet of ground chuck I get in the grocery store, wrapped in cellophane, and digging into that with a fork. I don't know that I've had beef tartare, but I have had carpaccio, and I love that - so I guess it is pretty much the same?

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    raw ground beef

I was wondering if that would be considered steak tartare. I didn't know if that was technically ground beef or finely diced beef (or if that even matters from a microbial standpoint). Kind of envisioning the packet of ground chuck I get in the grocery store, wrapped in cellophane, and digging into that with a fork. I don't know that I've had beef tartare, but I have had carpaccio, and I love that - so I guess it is pretty much the same?

Yeah carpaccio is thinly sliced. My dad definitely used to buy ground beef from the butcher, drop it on the plate, add an egg, salt and pepper and dig in, lol... But heck, a lot of people like very rare meat, so that's not that different really.
  • Ibyzr
    Ibyzr Posts: 14 Member
    Kraft mac 'n cheese, with extra cheese in the sauce and cut up hot dogs mixed in, with ketchup over the whole lot.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Ibyzr wrote: »
    Kraft mac 'n cheese, with extra cheese in the sauce and cut up hot dogs mixed in, with ketchup over the whole lot.

did you eat at honey boo-boo's house? ;)

when i was in elementary school, i used to love drinking pepsi and eating cheeto puffs at the same time. favoritest snack of all time back then. can't fathom now how i even liked pepsi. coca-cola 4 life.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    jade2112 wrote: »
    I used to just slice cheese, put it on a plate, microwave it and eat it with a fork. Like, several times a week.

That is pretty bad.

Hahaha, why bother microwaving... I used to buy a chunk 1/4-1/3 lb of good imported cheese (interesting types like Jarlsberg, Real Swiss, Smoked Gouda, Extra Old Cheshire, etc) - cut open the package and eat til gone as one snack. Still tempted once in a while... I am a cheese fiend - the older and more flavourful, the better.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Chef Boyardee

Sweet Mother of Pearl! You ate a person?!?

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Instead of being appalled at this thread and all the "crap we used to eat", I'm getting inspired!!
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    rbfdac wrote: »
    Instead of being appalled at this thread and all the "crap we used to eat", I'm getting inspired!!

Me too! I totally tried the doritos and refried bean thing almost immediately after reading it.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Yuuuup entire pizzas. I still have "weak moments" where I'll eat half a pizza or something. But I acknowledge it, don't dwell on it, and move on.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    But like lots of people, I haven't "cut" anything out... heck, I had pizza for lunch today. Mmmm pizza.
  • spulia1
    spulia1 Posts: 51 Member
    Sometimes I would take a bunch of cheese-its, crush them up, dip a knife in peanut butter, and roll it in the cheese-it debris and eat it right off the knife. Also, crushing up like 4 or 5 oreos in the bottom of a glass and then filling the glass with milk, then drinking the milk but not the soggy oreos. That I would eat with spoon. I did that last night though so "used to" is in the recent past.