Trigger Foods-Once you start you cant stop

Options
I believe in everything in moderation but there are some foods that I just don't go near or buy at all anymore because no matter what I always end up eating way more than I meant to.

1. orange juice-I looove it despite the fact I'm allergic to it
2. subway sandwich "footlong"- I always tell myself Ill save the other half for later and never do
3. egg nog- my own personal holiday enemy
4. take home pizzas like digornios or tombstone-Just one slice, yeah right

And every time I'm at the grocery store I have to do that battle with myself, no don't buy it, who cares that its on sale, you're not going to eat just a little bit, don't even stand here and lie to yourself.

So I was just interested in knowing other people's trigger foods

Replies

• thintowin87
    thintowin87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    anything with peanut butter or nutella ...
    also anything that I can combine with peanut butter * fave sandwich is grilled cheese with peanut butter or a peanut butter mayo and cheese sandwich..
    also chocolate is a down fall majorly!

also waffles!!!
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    waffles:) not a trigger food for me but delicious nonetheless and I feel like the only person who has never had nutella. peanut butter, cheese and mayo??????? to each their own
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Lucky Charms
    Box Cake (like Funfetti!)
    Cupcakes
    Nutella

(all my triggers are processed crap, as you can see)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,887 Member
    Options
    My trigger food is ice cream for sure! I will say JUST say ONE SERVING! Ok, I THOUGHT a serving size is 3 or 4 bowls of ice cream, lol. Even if I buy skinny cow ice cream, 3 easy!!!!! :'(:'(:'(
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    carmel
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Crisps. It is impossible to have a handful or a bowlful. Here in Germany you can only get them in huge, ill-making quantities. They are evil. I don't go there unless I am on travelling on a train with somebody else who promises to share them with me. Since I only go on long train journeys about twice a year, I think that is probably OK.
    Beer. I LOVE beer. I can have NO beer or I can have so much beer that I forget everything around me - going home, getting up the next morning, etc. etc. Wicked.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Double Stuf Oreos, pizza, Oreo McFlurry, DQ cookie dough blizzard, DQ cones, vanilla cake with vanilla icing. I don't let any of these near me.
  • georgefprice
    Options
    gyro, fries,wings,chips. those are my worst enemy and I try at all cost to avoid them.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Today we had Sixlets candies at a family member's first birthday party (think very, very mini-M&Ms), along with some Roche hazelnut candies. Yummy, but a disaster to the diet.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    demarii06 wrote: »
    waffles:) not a trigger food for me but delicious nonetheless and I feel like the only person who has never had nutella. peanut butter, cheese and mayo??????? to each their own

Nutella=chocolate/hazelnut spread. It's fairly sweet, so heads up if you're diabetic.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutella

• ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Banana bread, cheesecake, dark chocolate digestives, cream puffs, sushi, and tortilla wraps.
  • demarii06
    Options
    Gidzmo wrote: »

Nutella=chocolate/hazelnut spread. It's fairly sweet, so heads up if you're diabetic.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutella

It looks delicious and disgusting at the same time, but Ill keep avoiding it I don't need a new trigger food lol
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered espresso beans
    Dark chocolate oranges - only available during the holidays but I'll get in a year's worth no problem :stuck_out_tongue:
    Pad Thai - I always say I am going to eat half and take the other half to go... yea right.
    Sushi - Good news is the impending bill keeps me from going overboard....
  • demarii06
    Options
    Double Stuf Oreos, pizza, Oreo McFlurry, DQ cookie dough blizzard, DQ cones, vanilla cake with vanilla icing. I don't let any of these near me.

Burger King has a new one that is delicious and I don't even like oreos......stay far far away from it, just run!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Sour Cream & Onion Pringles
    Pound cake
    Sour Gummy Worms
    Haagen Daz Rocky Road (just that flavor for some reason)
  • loribethrice
    Options

I've definitely never eaten Nutella. Never will. It looks gross! I hate peanut butter too.
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Whoa, whoa, you making me crave DQ blizzards... I haven't let myself go in a Dairy Queen for a long time. Normally easy to talk myself out of it - it's near the college campus & usually packed with people, so that deters me.

Pizza can be a downfall. Been getting cravings lately for that & knew I would end up binging if I didn't allow myself a little, so I find healthier take-home ones (chicken fiesta or something with lots of veggies on it), have a serving or serving & a half, put the rest away immediately.

Nutella isn't allowed in my house anymore. I can eat spoon after spoon of it til about half the jar is gone. Macaroni & cheese is another big downfall I contend with. & I always want to add extra cheese to it...
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Also breads, pastas, garlic bread, & brownies are things I get huge cravings for at times
  • girlongoing
    girlongoing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    oh man so many.
    • doritos
    • pizza
    • candy (especially anything small)
    • donuts and cakes
    • cookies
    • ice cream
    • etc
    thank god im doing low carb, because otherwise with these items in the house, i couldn't have lost weight.
  • loribethrice
    Options

Whoa, whoa, you making me crave DQ blizzards... I haven't let myself go in a Dairy Queen for a long time. Normally easy to talk myself out of it - it's near the college campus & usually packed with people, so that deters me.

Pizza can be a downfall. Been getting cravings lately for that & knew I would end up binging if I didn't allow myself a little, so I find healthier take-home ones (chicken fiesta or something with lots of veggies on it), have a serving or serving & a half, put the rest away immediately.

Nutella isn't allowed in my house anymore. I can eat spoon after spoon of it til about half the jar is gone. Macaroni & cheese is another big downfall I contend with. & I always want to add extra cheese to it...

I have an eating disorder called SED (selective eating disorder) AKA ARFID (avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder), so I only have a few foods that I actually WANT to eat. DQ ice cream and sauceless cheese pizza are the two I constantly crave. I haven't had DQ in probably 2 years, but I allow myself pizza every few months. I have a very short list of foods I will actually eat so my weight loss journey has been hard. I have eaten the same foods almost every single day for over a year now since they are ones I can stomach and that don't make me gain weight.