Trigger Foods-Once you start you cant stop

Options

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Chilli doritos. Used to have a large bag with a couple glasses of wine at weekends
    Now cut out the wine and measure out the doritos and stick to 30-50g max.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and salsa. There is no moderation here.

Yep. Same. Except I don't discriminate with the dips; queso and guacamole are just fine as well. There's this thing called the Dip Sampler at Don Pablo's (which I think is a national chain); they give you bean dip, white cheese, queso, and guacamole, along with soft tortillas and the chips and salsa that come free. I could eat the entire thing no problem and then move on to my enchiladas.

Come to think of it, I could probably clean out an entire Mexican restaurant by myself, no trouble.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Can't? None.

Choose not to? There can be several, depending to my level of future thinking in the particular moment.

I don't like to mix my "can'ts" and my "I don't wannas"

This. Probably everything named in this thread are "I don't wanna stop" foods for me too.. except grapes, lol.

I still eat Twinkies. I want 2, 3, 4, the whole box. I eat one. I'd rather have one 135 calorie Twinkie than no Twinkies at all.

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and salsa. There is no moderation here.

Yep. Same. Except I don't discriminate with the dips; queso and guacamole are just fine as well. There's this thing called the Dip Sampler at Don Pablo's (which I think is a national chain); they give you bean dip, white cheese, queso, and guacamole, along with soft tortillas and the chips and salsa that come free. I could eat the entire thing no problem and then move on to my enchiladas.

Come to think of it, I could probably clean out an entire Mexican restaurant by myself, no trouble.[/quote]

Amen and what she said. No stopping me at a Mexican restaurant. That's why I stay away for NOW.
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered macadamias are my kryptonite
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    demarii06 wrote: »
    I believe in everything in moderation but there are some foods that I just don't go near or buy at all anymore because no matter what I always end up eating way more than I meant to.

1. orange juice-I looove it despite the fact I'm allergic to it
    2. subway sandwich "footlong"- I always tell myself Ill save the other half for later and never do
    3. egg nog- my own personal holiday enemy
    4. take home pizzas like digornios or tombstone-Just one slice, yeah right

And every time I'm at the grocery store I have to do that battle with myself, no don't buy it, who cares that its on sale, you're not going to eat just a little bit, don't even stand here and lie to yourself.

So I was just interested in knowing other people's trigger foods

Can't? None.

Choose not to? There can be several, depending to my level of future thinking in the particular moment.

I don't like to mix my "can'ts" and my "I don't wannas"

Not once did I say "I can't or I don't'" Its just a fun little thread to get some frustration out. Talk to me once you lose 115lbs, eat 1200 calories a day, and work out for an hour every day. Then we can talk about can'ts and don't want tos :)
  • coffeeandcarrots
    Options
    Peanut butter
    Popcorn
    Cookies.... okay, any baked yummies
    Chips
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Carbs for me, Savory ones at that.

Pizza
    Pasta
    Gnocchi - with a blue cheese or 4 cheese sauce OMG!!
    a good fresh sourdough
    Cheese!!!!
    Light & Tangy chips
    Good Fries with chicken salt

The list could go on forever but that's the main ones

• buffbuffbuffbuff
    Options
    unadorned white bread and table salt.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Cheetos!! I don't care if they're name brand, crappy generic or anything in between, once I start I cannot stop until the bag is empty or someone physically pries it from my grasp.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Chex Mix.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    CHIPS! That's why I buy the small bags now because I will sit down and devour them like no tomorrow.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hmmmm it used to be oats believe it or not- I could eat 300 grams of oatmeal / muesli easy and still want more! but now i dont really have any :)

i take that back after reading some other replies: french baguette with cheese- SOOOO good i can't stop lol
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Peppermint Patties
    Junior Mints
    Chocolate Brownie ice cream
    Hershey kisses

Fresh Bread

Chocolate Covered Cherries

Yum!
  • TheTiagooo
    TheTiagooo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anything that comes in several portions, except cereals. I can't do moderation - if it's inthe cupboard, I'm eating it all. Luckily I find it easy to buy the right things when shopping, and only have junk on occasion.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    CHEESECAKE
    ANY TYPE OF COBBLER
    APPLE CRISP
    PECAN AND CHERRY PIE.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    M&M's. Just a few nights ago I put away a 6 serving bag of the birthday cake M&M's. Next day though ... deadlift PR's.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    peanut butter.