Trigger Foods-Once you start you cant stop

Options

Replies

• kittee83
    kittee83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Trigger foods would be.... French bread (Cuisine de France), anything to do with Chocolate (Nutella, bars of White chocolate, McVities Choco Caramel Digestives, etc), Almond Butter (as I'm allergic to Peanut butter, but that doesn't stop me either).... Sigh.

Been eating more French bread and Chocolate than usual lately, but I'm close to my GW. I will work them off, am sure.

Mmmm, chocolate... <3
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and/or liquor.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Fresh, sweet cherries - but I wouldn't say they were a trigger or a bad thing. I CAN stop, I just don't want to. It's just somewhat of an expensive thing to be endlessly grazing on.
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Fresh, sweet cherries - but I wouldn't say they were a trigger or a bad thing. I CAN stop, I just don't want to. It's just somewhat of an expensive thing to be endlessly grazing on.

I wish fruits were less expensive....but they're worth it. Have you tried a farmer's market?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and salsa. There is no moderation here.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Trigger foods during my period: cookies/biscuits, bread and cheese, and peanut butter. Other than that, when I'm not overly hormonally charged, I don't really have trigger foods.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    "Natural" White Cheddar Cheetos. I still buy them but when I do, I just accept the fact that I'm going to finish the whole bag in a day since they're not very filling.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa, Gummy bears, Japanese peanuts, beef jerky, cheezits, cheese and crackers, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, pizza, french fries, m&m's....should I keep going? I have a serious addiction to food, man, it's a miracle that I've managed to lose weight LOL.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Cookies of any sort.
    Pringles/Chips of any sort
    Milk chocolate (I'm fine with dark)
    Cereal, particularly cornflakes for some reason
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chips and salsa. There is no moderation here.

I don't really have trigger foods, the above is the closest I come. I can stop, but it takes more willpower for chips and salsa than anything else I eat.
  • macagle88
    Options
    LOL. This thread is making my mouth water. My trigger food is anything potato. I LOVE potato salad!
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread. I've been going through major self-control issues with food recently, and these (especially the Reese's) were both hard to turn away. Although I did very well last night, just portioned out some of the Reese's for dessert, and didn't go back for more. But even now, while I'm at work, I'm wishing I had the jar, a spoon, and a 3000 calorie deficit to fill.

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Anything chocolate.
    Mmmm chocolate.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call them trigger foods but grapes and any sort of cakes lol.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    demarii06 wrote: »
    I believe in everything in moderation but there are some foods that I just don't go near or buy at all anymore because no matter what I always end up eating way more than I meant to.

1. orange juice-I looove it despite the fact I'm allergic to it
    2. subway sandwich "footlong"- I always tell myself Ill save the other half for later and never do
    3. egg nog- my own personal holiday enemy
    4. take home pizzas like digornios or tombstone-Just one slice, yeah right

And every time I'm at the grocery store I have to do that battle with myself, no don't buy it, who cares that its on sale, you're not going to eat just a little bit, don't even stand here and lie to yourself.

So I was just interested in knowing other people's trigger foods

Can't? None.

Choose not to? There can be several, depending to my level of future thinking in the particular moment.

I don't like to mix my "can'ts" and my "I don't wannas"
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for me, for sure. Also salty stuff like chips or Smartfood popcorn. And carbs. And Oreos.
  • release_the_kraken
    release_the_kraken Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Beer, twinkies, fruity pebbles.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    It used to be chocolate, but I don't eat too many sweets anymore, THANK GOD! Now, it's pita chips and hummus, which in theory is healthy for you...IN MODERATION! Yeah, I'm not sure what that is.
    Also, wine. I know we're talking about food, but I love a glass of wine with dinner every night. And usually a second glass about an hour and a half before I go to bed.
  • BrittTomore87
    BrittTomore87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cookies are a huge problem for me and when I'm on my period whatever I eat becomes a binge. Last night I told myself I could have 2 oreos and I ate the whole sleeve. Best for me to keep the goodies out of my cabinets
  • sweetsorrow18
    sweetsorrow18 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Chocolate - I'm still having issues from halloween