• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    BACON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Really, I would be fatter than I any now. I love bacon but I would have to have it with the rest of a full English breakfast.
    Then it's more about discipline. You can eat bacon everyday and lose weight (and fat) just fine if your macronutrient/micronutrient and calorie limits are correct.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I don't eat bacon anymore, but if I was going to, it would be Waitrose Maple Cured bacon in moderation.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Beanitos--they are like tortilla chips but they are made out of pinto or black beans, brown rice, and flax seeds.They are high in fiber, a good source of protein, relatively low in carbohydrates with a low GI (as compared to other chips) and low in sodium. They are also corn free and gluten free. AND, they. Taste. Amazing. Really, really delicious. Like, if I had known about them before I started, I would have been eating them then, too. They don't seem like a diet food when I eat them, and they are really good on a little platter with cottage cheese and chopped veggies, and maybe hummus if you're feeling extra hungry.
  • jlbrigl
    jlbrigl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turnips are delicious when sauted with onions, carrots, kale, and garlic, just add water a pinch or rosemary and a can of garbanzo beans (chick peas), simmer for 30 minutes.
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    I love swede. You can mash it with carrots too. Unfortunately my husband thinks he hates it. I actually loathe turnips.

I have a diet treat of weetabix (sainsbury's or tesco value version) with a thin layer of nutella and ice cold skimmed milk - this is a post-workout treat. It is amazing!

I think tinned tomatoes are my favourite diet food though.

Jane
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love swede. You can mash it with carrots too. Unfortunately my husband thinks he hates it. I actually loathe turnips.

I have a diet treat of weetabix (sainsbury's or tesco value version) with a thin layer of nutella and ice cold skimmed milk - this is a post-workout treat. It is amazing!

I think tinned tomatoes are my favourite diet food though.

Jane

Yes tinned tomatoes are a god send. Cheap and low calorie
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Beanitos--they are like tortilla chips but they are made out of pinto or black beans, brown rice, and flax seeds.They are high in fiber, a good source of protein, relatively low in carbohydrates with a low GI (as compared to other chips) and low in sodium. They are also corn free and gluten free. AND, they. Taste. Amazing. Really, really delicious. Like, if I had known about them before I started, I would have been eating them then, too. They don't seem like a diet food when I eat them, and they are really good on a little platter with cottage cheese and chopped veggies, and maybe hummus if you're feeling extra hungry.

Oh smoke. I wanna try those! Where does one buy these things!?
  • jillmarie48
    jillmarie48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    what is the recipe for beanitos or do you buy them?
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    babyfood bananas
    i add a table spoon to my morning oats for the sweetness without all the sugar!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

My mom is from Scotland and has always called it a turnip. I love them! Most people I know haven't tried them either. I just hate peeling and cutting them!

They are a bugger to peel.

I'm from Ireland and when I was young ( a very time ago) you couldn't get pumpkins and we use to crave out Swede/Turnip to make the halloween lanterns.

I'm from Scotland - haggis, neeps (turnip) and tatties (potatoes) YUM
  • eabaker
    eabaker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    English please?:ohwell:
  • MaritimeGirl1986
    MaritimeGirl1986 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Libertè Greek Yogourt. I love it! I eat it almost everyday :)
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

My mom is from Scotland and has always called it a turnip. I love them! Most people I know haven't tried them either. I just hate peeling and cutting them!

We call it turnip too! Love it mashed!
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    sugar free jello with fat free whipped cream....ends up being like 30 calories if i use a LOT of whipped cream

also, wasa light crispbreads with laughing cow light cheese. delish for like 65cals

lastly tofu shirataki noodles cooked/drained appropriately, 40 cals a pack. its a real pain to cook/drain them right, almost makes it not worth it...but if you have the time and desire, great noodle sub

and i agree with someone above regarding spaghetti squash. love it.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat sandwich slim (100 cal) with 1 individual serving package of tuna (80 cal), 3 table spoons of hummus (90 cal), and a few sprinkles of Texas Pete hot sauce. Good balance of protein and good carbs at under 300 calories. Great for lunch or as post workout snack.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Steamed Broccoli... absolutely love it.

Plain popcorn is a miracle snack too. It allows me to shove my face without having to be too conscious of my calorie intake.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    OH and how could i forget...mashed cauliflower! i boil it, add like 5 cloves of roasted garlic (wonderful health benefits), and a bunch of chili powder and use my immersion blender. best kitchen tool i've ever purchased.
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    Stews! A brilliantly filling, versatile, balanced and healthy dinner :D

Tonight I'm having a sort of chili thing that's been slow cooking since 11am, mmmmmmm! Beef, chickpeas and butter beans, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, swede, turnip, peppers....and about 300 cals for a hefty serving! Stews are the best, and if you make them yourself you realise how easy they are and how balanced a meal they are!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    berries and watermelon. I'm going to be really sad when they aren't in season anymore.
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    English please?:ohwell:

What do you mean ?