What is your secret diet food ?

Options

Replies

• mpe1967
    mpe1967 Posts: 24
    Options
    I hope that Swede tastes better than it looks, it looks like zombie eyeballs. Anyway, my diet secret so far is green tea. Gives me lots of energy and I heard it helps burn fat.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly it's peanut butter. It keeps my digestion moving properly and I also find I'm not as hungry through out the day if I have a TBSP of it first thing in the morning. I know, it's weird, but it works for me.
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    Yes tinned tomatoes are a god send. Cheap and low calorie

And they make an amazing soup, blitzed with some chick peas, a sautéd onion and some basil.
    Jane
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Seafood sticks! 12 calories per stick and tinned tomatoes :)

Quavers are my best snack item, 88 calories a bag.
  • rickmck
    rickmck Posts: 6
    Options
    Great thread!

My standby is simply scrambled eggs and shredded hash browns, with peppers, onions and maybe a little andouille sausage thrown in. It can be a massive breakfast (or lunch or dinner) without piling on the calories.

Mashed cauliflower sounds great! Can you mash it after you grill it? I love to grill it and get that roasty, smoky flavor.

And... Bacon. Yes.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to stop with one tbsp....:laugh:
  • relucas81
    relucas81 Posts: 76
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream, only 148 calories for the whole pint!

http://www.myarcticzero.com/
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I , too, love spaghetti squash. Also this great cucumber jicama salad recipe I have. Freaking awesome.
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So its my new word a day Rutabaga = Swede. :smile:

I used to eat them all the time as well as turnips when I was a kid (my family on my mom's side is from Scotland - Graham), but forgot all about rutabagas. If they have them around here I will have to add them back into the mix. We used to eat them mashed with butter and/or nutmeg or cinnamon. Turnips are good mashed too, or roasted with mushrooms and a little olive oil and rosemary.

Right now - when I really need a snack I find that the 100 calorie bags of popcorn and/or the 0% fat greek yogurt hit the spot for me..
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Trying to just eat 3 meals, getting coconut water vitacoco 1 liter in between the meals.

Nice thread. Like the celery ,blue cheese, hot sauce idea,the hot sauce can raise the stagnant metabolism.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I always keep boiled eggs in the fridge, fresh fruit, veggies and a small amount of almonds, spinach and greek yogurt. All of these are things that are "ready to eat" so if I feel hungry and can't wait to prepare something I can munch out without a lot of calories
  • ladypenelopemk2
    Options
    Mine would have to be low calorie chocolate, it give me that sweet hit i seem to need without hitting the biscuit barrel! I also like to keep tunnocks teacakes and Lees snowballs in as they are around the hundred calorie mark and i just love marshmallow but being veggie i cant have normal marshmallow due to the gelatine. another fave would be rice cakes with lemon curd/honey topped with banana's. Other than those it would be the bog standard fruit and low fat yoghurt really :-)
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be low calorie chocolate, it give me that sweet hit i seem to need without hitting the biscuit barrel! I also like to keep tunnocks teacakes and Lees snowballs in as they are around the hundred calorie mark and i just love marshmallow but being veggie i cant have normal marshmallow due to the gelatine. another fave would be rice cakes with lemon curd/honey topped with banana's. Other than those it would be the bog standard fruit and low fat yoghurt really :-)

I loved a Tunnock Teacake with a cup of tea. Mmmm
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I would have to say. greek yogurt. Jello. and those special K cracker chips. oh and Edy's Mango fruit bars.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Use swede as a substitute for potato on a cottage pie... Yummy x
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes, oatmeal, egg whites and grilled chicken breasts. They are all very filling.
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

My mom is from Scotland and has always called it a turnip. I love them! Most people I know haven't tried them either. I just hate peeling and cutting them!

They are a bugger to peel.

I'm from Ireland and when I was young ( a very time ago) you couldn't get pumpkins and we use to crave out Swede/Turnip to make the halloween lanterns.

Ha ha! We used to use swede for Halloween lanterns too! They're so tough, I'm surprised my dad didn't slice his fingers off!

Love 'em mashed with carrot with butter and a smidge of nutmeg.
  • queencatwana
    queencatwana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    AIr Popped pop-corn w/ kernels ranch seasoning and pickles!
  • BeckiCharlotte13x
    BeckiCharlotte13x Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

My mom is from Scotland and has always called it a turnip. I love them! Most people I know haven't tried them either. I just hate peeling and cutting them!

Turnips and Swede are different?
  • ashlensmomma
    ashlensmomma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Spinach! I love it. Could eat it with almost anything.