Relationship Weight

Options
124»

Replies

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A high calorie meal here and there won't kill your progress, especially if you stick to your calorie goal for the majority of the time.
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Why don't you guys share food? Half of hamburger for each? We do it all the time. And have him ordering something extra for him, fried or pastry.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would turn into one of those girls that always wants to try something off the beaten menu. Even at BBQ places, i would find some small portioned, delectable bit to eat along side a huge salad or some healthy sides (steamed veggies, etc). So Im participating, trying new things, developing lots of different tastes, new ideas for things to cook at home - but in smaller portions so I can really enjoy the food Im eating.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Why not alternate between going to the places he likes and going to a healthier place?
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I havent read through them all, so sorry if a dupe... But how about you just share his meal? Eat the same thing, but dont order your own. Get an extra appetizer so he has more food. Then eat 1/4 of the app and 1/4 of his meal. Sounds like he can eat 3-4 times what you can so that works out well.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think you always have an option to order steak with a side of brocoli. that's my go-to meal when I eat out. And because it's steak, people won't think you're suffering... because you're not. But at the same time, there won't be all those hidden calories in the BBQ and other sauces.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    JTick wrote: »
    Why will an 800 calorie burger kill you?

What restaurants are you going to that a burger is your only option?

It's places like local BBQ places where the alternative salads I just flat out don't like (I'm relatively picky), typically where he wants to go, and in n out, and Red Robin, ect.

Well you have a few options:

1) stop being picky and get a salad
    2)eat the 800 calorie burger and just plan around it
    3)just break up
    4)be an adult and have this conversation with him, sit him down and make him understand. he can't be that dense.
    5)just stay fat

I like you.

• helenarriaza
    Options
    Plan around it and stop making only food related dates!
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I personally like the 1500 calorie burgers. Double meat, double cheese, bacon, that kind of stuff.
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    I personally like the 1500 calorie burgers. Double meat, double cheese, bacon, that kind of stuff.

Forgot the crispy onions. Those are the good ones.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Plan around it and stop making only food related dates!

^ go rock climbing, see a football game, get drunk, go to the zoo, or a museum or camping - or try to fit all those things into one night.
  • yoovie
    Options
    or heck, take a boxing class together.

BAM

that's for choosing barbeque AGAIN!

BAM BAM
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »

Forgot the crispy onions. Those are the good ones.

Those are good too! I'd say just plan around it. That's what I do when I go out to eat. I don't want to go out to eat and eat broccoli, I eat that at home. When I go out to eat, I don't want to be restrictive.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Are you asking about the food issue or the relationship issue? Because learning how to accept someone who is different than you and find a middle ground on something that you and your partner/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend disagree on is the cause of every relationship argument ever.

Where to eat is a simple argument to solve, you aren't thinking hard enough:
    1) Find something you like on the menu at the place the other wants to eat at.
    2) Alternate choosing places (this way one isn't always the one having to find something they like)
    3) Order food to go from two different places and eat it at home or make a picnic.
    4) Cook at home so you can make whatever you like (possibly two meals if you are both picky and won't compromise).
    5) Eat at home and have your dates be non food related.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Go on active dates! This time of year, ice skating is fun if you have an outdoor rink, so is window shopping. You can go dancing at a club (drink plenty of water, you don't have to drink alcohol), or mix it up with bowling or laser tag. I don't know where you live, but most places have hiking/walking trails, and they turn into snow-shoeing trails for the winter. Even an hour of activity on a date means your normal supper can be increased by 3-400 calories.

If you two are going to have a nice long future together, you will have to bring up how serious you are about losing weight sooner or later! So it is best to introduce those things now, and show your commitment, instead of blindsiding him with it and blaming him when you're 20lbs heavier!

• gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

Well you have a few options:

1) stop being picky and get a salad
    2)eat the 800 calorie burger and just plan around it
    3)just break up
    4)be an adult and have this conversation with him, sit him down and make him understand. he can't be that dense.
    5)just stay fat

Although this may have seemed insensitive to you, Op, it's pretty much right on the money. #4 would be your best bet.