calories in vs calories out question.

Options
124»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Whoever posted under my post. We can't see it. It's just an empty box, by unknown user
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Whoever posted under my post. We can't see it. It's just an empty box, by unknown user

It's the poster you were originally defending. Mods must've gotten sick of his trolling attempts.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    :s oh ok
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I study nutrition because after I graduate from high school this year i'm (sic) going off to school to be a nutritionist.
    taylor wrote:
    I just hate all food in general thats (sic) it nothing more.
    October 27, 2014 11:40AM
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30172033#Comment_30172033
    Nutrition is probably not the best career choice for someone with an eating disorder & who hates food.
    But pay better attention in your remaining English classes while school is still free.
    That's important for every job, as well as daily life.

a nutritionist gave me a book to study and learn how we actually get fat and lose fat and build muscle
    We get fat by eating more calories than our body needs to run.
    We lose fat by eating fewer calories than our body needs to run.
    That's CICO. It's science, and you can't get around the laws of physics.
    To build muscle, you need to eat at maintenance or a slight surplus and have lots of protein while stressing the muscles.

is calories in vs calories out really how we lose weight??? Because now im (sic) hearing that is just a myth and theory and a calorie is not a calorie if you eat junk food in a deficit you will still get fat. But if its (sic) healthy food you wont (sic).
    Weight gain or loss is all CICO. You cannot gain weight if you are eating less than your body needs to run.

Health depends on the composition of the food (junk vs real). If you're eating 800 cal of Twinkies every day, and nothing else, you'll lose weight but quickly become very unhealthy because of malnutrition. If you're eating 800 cal of real whole foods, you'll still lose weight, but will be healthier (notice the -er, denoting a comparison).

my hormones are messed up right now from low carb my fat loss slowed. Im (sic) constantly craving and no matter what I do cheat, refeed, etc. anything to fix leptin and my hormone imbalance. nothing seems to work. My body wont (sic) lose or gain weight anymore and I dont (sic) know whats (sic) up with that. Also I still got (sic) body fat to lose even though my body still thinks im (sic) starving it and no matter what I do I cant (sic) seem to build muscle anymore (sic). Keep up with my stamina in cardio anymore. To be honest im (sic) actually losing strength and cardio stamina
    According to your other posts, you've discussed this with your doctor (and maybe your therapist?), and s/he found that your hormones are not screwed up (any more than any other normal teenager).
    So no, you're not going to be able to fix something that's not broken.
    If you're neither gaining nor losing weight, that means you're eating at maintenance. If you want to stay at that weight, but lose fat, keep doing the weightlifting but increase the percentage of calories you're getting from protein.
    As for your body fat, are you already at a healthy level? If so, dropping lower would be unhealthy and your body will fight it.
    http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

But because you're having bad health effects, it seems that you need to consult with your doctor & therapist to come up with a healthy plan, both calories & exercise. Not knowing much more about your situation, just spitballing, I'd suggest doing less exercise & increasing your calories a bit. See how you feel doing that, until you can see your doctor.

whats (sic) the actual trick to fat loss?
    Eat less than your body needs, while doing moderate exercise.

I want to make sure I know what im (sic) talking about when I go off to be a nutritionist.
    Pay attention in English class now, pay attention in whatever science classes you will take, and you'll learn about nutrition when you get to those college classes. If you already knew everything about it, you wouldn't need to go to college.

doesnt (sic) a carb consist of 4 calories doesnt (sic) protein consist of 4 calories fats 9 calories so each of these macros nutrients form up calories in foods. So would it really be about calories???
    I don't understand your question.
    Yes, you have the amount of calories per gram of each of the macros correct.
    You have to multiply the number of grams of a macro by the number of calories per gram.

If you have pasta which has (just to make up some numbers) 50g of carbs and 4g of protein and 1g of fat in a serving, then you have
    50 x 4 = 200 calories
    4 x 4 = 16 calories
    1 x 9 = 9 calories
    a total of 225 calories in that serving.

If your calorie goal for the day is 200 cal, and you eat those 225 cal, you'll gain weight.
    If your calorie goal for the day is 250 cal, and you eat those 225 cal, you'll lose weight.
    (Again, I'm just playing with numbers. In no way am I advocating having such a low calorie goal.)