what the hell im i supposed to eat tomorrow on THANKSGIVING!!!

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I'm making pan con pavo salvadoreño tomorrow. You have to not be scared of eating. You can eat all that food. No es necesario que te llenes el plato hasta arriba con toda la comida. If you're worried, eat a portion of everything. It's not going to make you gain 100 lbs overnight. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My best tip is to eat slow and don't go in in there starving. If you eat slow and put your fork down between bites and really enjoy the food that is on your plate, it will be that much more satisfying. Eating fast or inhaling your food will cause you to eat more before you even realized you've had enough. If you are in it for the long haul, one day will not make or break you. I am taking my own advise on this one.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It's one day. It won't make you gain more weight unless you let that one day turn into one week/month/year/lifetime. Yes, you may see an increase on your scale on Friday (if you weigh), but that is mainly water weight and extra food waste in your system.

Unless you plan to skip every Thanksgiving, birthday, celebration for the rest of your life, don't start now.
  • ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm making pan con pavo salvadoreño tomorrow. You have to not be scared of eating. You can eat all that food. No es necesario que te llenes el plato hasta arriba con toda la comida. If you're worried, eat a portion of everything. It's not going to make you gain 100 lbs overnight. :flowerforyou:

grasias Lasmartchika eske a veses ciento que comense esto y no voy a poder

• silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    ccecci92 wrote: »
    thanks for the grat advice everyone!!! i think im just gonna have light and healthy food for breakfast and lunch and exercise a lot before that dinner

Sounds like a great plan!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    It is ONE day. Do not stress about ONE day. Just do not let that ONE day become all the days. It is a day to spend with friends and family and enjoy each other's company not to stress about every little thing you ingest.
  • ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    zarckon wrote: »
    thanks for the grat advice everyone!!! i think im just gonna have light and healthy food for breakfast and lunch and exercise a lot before that dinner

Sounds like a great plan!

:D:D:D
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
  • mghanie
    mghanie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    try eating the white meat of the turkey and some potato salad, and then save some calories for the cheesecake :)
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    pick the food times you love the most, the things you can't live without and enjoy. also eat a healthy breakfast so you don't go there starving. don't eat anything you don't really love. for me, potato salad isn't that special, so I wouldn't waste calories on it. if it's your grandma's secret recipe that you only get once a year, then have it. ditto the other food--decide what you love and eat that. and drink lots of water today and tomorrow and Friday.
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    we are having dinner at a friends house,
    i know theres gonna be potato salad,
    the turkey, chicken, cheesecake for dessert and other delicios food,
    and i know im gonna want to eat all of those things.
    should i just not go?
    or what should i do?
    I cant control myself too much when there's a lot of food
    helppp!!!

I guess I'm going against the majority of posters who commented but I would eat turkey, chicken and salad (not potato salad). There will always be great tasting food around, it's all about choices. Just saying..............
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I recommend that you eat potato salad, the turkey, chicken, cheesecake for dessert and other delicios food

Seconded.
  • lifejacketwaterjogger12
    Options
    ENJOY YOUR DAY AND FOOD, WE HAVE WORKED HARD THIS YEAR, LET LOOSE AND GET AN EARLY BURN BEFORE YOU EAT.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's one day...enjoy yourself and get back on the horse Friday. Also, exercise a little self control and portion control...make a nice plate of food and call it a day...you don't have to stuff yourself until your pants explode. It's good practice for what ultimately is going to matter most in the long run.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

grasias Lasmartchika eske a veses ciento que comense esto y no voy a poder

Yo se, hay te mande un mensaje. That's what I'm here for, para animarnos!! :drinker:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I recommend that you eat potato salad, the turkey, chicken, cheesecake for dessert and other delicios food
    yeah but i dont think thats gonna help me lose pounds

One day isn't going to derail your plans unless you go absolutely berserk and eat a whole pumpkin pie and gallon of ice cream.....enjoy yourself (in moderation of course)

• LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have already entered in what I plan to have tomorrow, hopefully this will help me stick to it, also I have been eating under my goal for the pass two days in case I do go over. I understand being nervous, especially since you did just start MFP. You don't have to go over your cals, or you can, it's completely up to you. Like many have said aim for white turkey meat and veggies, green bean casserole totally counts as veggies :P