what the hell im i supposed to eat tomorrow on THANKSGIVING!!!

Options

Replies

• ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the GreAT advices everyone!!!
    You guy are awsome!!!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    If all else fails:

12787_402903203194650_5220575484581571630_n_zpsc26217d2.jpg
  • ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    If all else fails:

12787_402903203194650_5220575484581571630_n_zpsc26217d2.jpg

lol
    :D
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I would suggest, take a slice of cheesecake, turn it on its side.

Pile turkey and chicken on top of it. Add another slice of cheesecake on top, making a cheesecake and turkey sandwich.

Plow it like your truck has a brand new blade and you got 6" of fresh powder overnight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I get the "live your life, eat up, it's just one day" advice but take that advice with a grain of salt. "It's just one day" until you find yourself saying "it's just one day" every week. Also, it's worth noting that most of the people who give this advice tend to be fit already.

Yeah well one day turns into one month if you have no self control or don't really want this bad enough.

About fit people being the ones giving that advice, feel free to go look at most of our profiles if they are open, many if not most of us where overweight or obese at some point. I didn't show up her in shape, I worked hard at it. What I didn't do was try to discredit people that were in shape when I was obese just because they were in shape. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
    Angurla wrote: »
    Have the people your with keep you accountable. Maybe even ask them to serve you reasonable portions instead of making your own plate. A sample of this and that wont leave you feeling guilty. Get some exercise in before you go and eat healthy the rest of the day. Dont snack. And dont go hungry

Should I have someone slap the pie out of my hands?

Boy we read BFDeal's post very differently.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    If someone slapped the pie out of my hands, I'd be slapping the teeth out of their mouth.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    If someone slapped the pie out of my hands, I'd be slapping the teeth out of their mouth.

This...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I would suggest, take a slice of cheesecake, turn it on its side.

Pile turkey and chicken on top of it. Add another slice of cheesecake on top, making a cheesecake and turkey sandwich.

Plow it like your truck has a brand new blade and you got 6" of fresh powder overnight.

tumblr_mhrmbbFqLi1rjzeroo1_500.gif
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like/love in moderation and enjoy the holiday spent with friends/family.

MFP will still be here on Friday. Having 1 day over your calorie goal out of the year is a drop in the bucket, and in the grand scheme of things, is nothing. You deficit may end up smaller this week, and heck, maybe you won't lose any weight... but that doesn't mean next week won't be a different story.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Eat the foods you like/love in moderation and enjoy the holiday spent with friends/family.

MFP will still be here on Friday. Having 1 day over your calorie goal out of the year is a drop in the bucket, and in the grand scheme of things, is nothing. You deficit may end up smaller this week, and heck, maybe you won't lose any weight... but that doesn't mean next week won't be a different story.
    One day of the year? But what about Christmas? And New Years? and her birthday? And graduation?
    Why thanksgiving?
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    ccecci92 wrote: »
    ccecci92 wrote: »
    I recommend that you eat potato salad, the turkey, chicken, cheesecake for dessert and other delicios food
    yeah but i dont think thats gonna help me lose pounds

so what

i weight 210 thats what

The point is, one day isn't going to derail you. Enjoy the holiday with loved ones and get back on track Friday. Most of us are going to do that. I weigh 260 at the moment and I'm going to eat all the things... and I don't even care. Because I know that it's going to satisfy my cravings and help me get back on track Friday.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

One day of the year? But what about Christmas? And New Years? and her birthday? And graduation?
    Why thanksgiving?

So if you go over on every holiday, birthday, or graduation that still is not going to change anything. Enjoy the holidays, and worry about it the other 350 or so days of the year.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanksgiving is one day of the year. Enjoy it. ONE day won't screw up your weight loss.
  • DaintyMonster
    Options
    I was worried about the same thing, but like most everyone has already said, it's a holiday and you need to treat yourself. You can't really not have holiday meals for the rest of your life. If it's a lifestyle change, it's for life. I know I couldn't go the rest of my life without my mom's cornbread stuffing... O.O
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Ok....get up off your booty in the am and go do a 5k, hit the gym or do what ever you do to burn calories. I know my town is having a turkey trot 5k on Thanksgiving. I'm taking the kiddos and the old man. Then eat a little bit of the goodies and a lot of the veggies/meat. If you are still feeling like you ate more than you burned, go for another jog or walk. I am taking tomorrow off from logging and sweating the small stuff but I am eating what I want within reason. This is a lifestyle change. If you restrict yourself so much that you cannot enjoy a simple holiday, you are destined to fail.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Why thanksgiving?

I was only referring to Thanksgiving, of and in itself.

Christmas is 1 day out of the year.
    Your Birthday is 1 day out of a year.

The point is to enjoy those special occasions. Just don't treat every day as a special occasion or holiday...
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    it's only one day hun..don't start beating yourself up about it...drink LOTS of water tomorrow..take a litre of water with you :) do your best to get a workout in before you..even a mini one...enjoy life !!! please try not to let the number on the scale rule you...Happy Thanksgiving from Canada :)