what the hell im i supposed to eat tomorrow on THANKSGIVING!!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• justaboat
    justaboat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy the company of your friends and family- be grateful you have people to spend Thanksgiving with at all :/
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    justaboat wrote: »
    Just enjoy the company of your friends and family- be grateful you have people to spend Thanksgiving with at all :/

This. There are people who do not even have the luxury of having a Thanksgiving meal, let alone worrying about how much they will consume that day in calories. Please enjoy the day with your family and be blessed to have such a feast. Hope your holiday is wonderful. :)
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ccecci92 wrote: »
    we are having dinner at a friends house,
    i know theres gonna be potato salad,
    the turkey, chicken, cheesecake for dessert and other delicios food,
    and i know im gonna want to eat all of those things.
    should i just not go?
    or what should i do?
    I cant control myself too much when there's a lot of food
    helppp!!!

Why don't you get some exercise in the morning and after dinner? Then choose between turkey or chicken - you don't need both. Have a small slice of cheese cake. Everything else you want to eat, just have a small portion of each. Drink lots of water.
    One day is not going to cause failure in your plan, as long as the day before and after you're sticking to your goals.
  • ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well we are having pork roast and all the trimmings. I will give hubby his spuds gravy stuffing and I will OD on the pork and veggies. :smiley: I might whip up a half pint of whipping cream and add some vanilla or almond flavor. dish up a scoop or two in my coffee after dinner.

No one is coming over here so if you want to friend me I will be happy to hold your hand through the day on messages.

Do not freak out. You can do this. Be as sensible as you can and call it good. Tomorrow is another day. I WISH I weighed 210.

chris

• ccecci92
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Y'all know that the OP deactivated, right? Good conversation though.
    im here i read every single comment, i love your advices

• ccecci92
    Options
    thanks everybody for the great advices!!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I plan on enjoying myself. That said, I plan to do so within reason. So this is how I will implement this plan:

I'll eat all the turkey I want. I'll stuff myself with turkey. No turkey limit. It's extremely low cal protein, and it's yummy. Gobble the turkey.

I'll eat two servings of low cal veggies for every serving of starch (ie. potatoes).

I'll stick to one piece of bread per plate. Unless there's ham. Then it's one piece of bread per two thick slices of ham.

If I have room, I'll eat a small piece of dessert, but I asked my mom to put cream cheese icing on her pumpkin crisp, so I'll probably end up passing on it. I hate cream cheese icing.

Also: my boyfriend made deviled eggs. That makes them a free-for-all food as well. I will eat deviled eggs until I pop. Maybe even for dessert.
  • ccecci92
    Options
    I plan on enjoying myself. That said, I plan to do so within reason. So this is how I will implement this plan:

I'll eat all the turkey I want. I'll stuff myself with turkey. No turkey limit. It's extremely low cal protein, and it's yummy. Gobble the turkey.

I'll eat two servings of low cal veggies for every serving of starch (ie. potatoes).

I'll stick to one piece of bread per plate. Unless there's ham. Then it's one piece of bread per two thick slices of ham.

If I have room, I'll eat a small piece of dessert, but I asked my mom to put cream cheese icing on her pumpkin crisp, so I'll probably end up passing on it. I hate cream cheese icing.

Also: my boyfriend made deviled eggs. That makes them a free-for-all food as well. I will eat deviled eggs until I pop. Maybe even for dessert.

Great plan!!1 thanks for sharing :D

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

Just remember that losing pounds isn't the only priority, especially at a holiday, communing with family and friends, and enjoying foods that you don't have every day. Thinking about which foods are actually worth the splurge and why, and having a plan before you walk in, goes a long way toward helping you enjoy your splurge rationally and without guilt.
  • ccecci92
    Options

Just remember that losing pounds isn't the only priority, especially at a holiday, communing with family and friends, and enjoying foods that you don't have every day. Thinking about which foods are actually worth the splurge and why, and having a plan before you walk in, goes a long way toward helping you enjoy your splurge rationally and without guilt.
    Thanks
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    You know what I'm going to do? Gorge on protein.

Then coma out due to tryptophan.
  • a4phantom
    Options
    Either don't go, or go, do your best to make good choices, and write it off as a holiday and get back to your diet plans on Friday.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    eat lots of turkey and other lean protein! have fun!
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Not that you need any more advice (all of the previous posts are wonderful), but...

YOU CAN HANDLE THIS! It's only food-- it won't leave a scar.
  • I'm living in Europe and a vegetarian, so... no temptations for me.

Still, if you said you joined mfp last week and you want to stay on track, then by all means do.

I would say, do a workout in the morning before you go to burn some cals. Then the next day, do another workout and eat mainly vegetables and protein.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Well, OP? How did it go?
  • ccecci92
    Options
    it went great!!! burned like 250 calories and dint worry about eating.... i had a great time!!! thank you guys for all the advice...... i getting back in track tomorrow though cause Today family's coming over bringing leftovers