Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Real or Artificial? The Christmas tree debate.

Options

Replies

• Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    thank you :)
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Very nice Anahita!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    We have a mix of trees, 1 real that we go out and hunt for in the bush, 1 full size artificial, 1 medium artificial and 3 little ones plus all the trimmings all over the house. It's a beautiful time of year!
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    ive no sp ace for more than one id like some garlands but things start to get expensive here :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Lol, I just watched the scene in "A Christmas Story" where old man Parker put the lights on the tree and plugged it in.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Just chopped down our tree yesterday! Real FTW.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    fake one for a fiver from poundstretchers (not bad value because it looks good and is 4 feet tall and the house we live in is tiny so it's just the right size for the house).... plus the bog standard fairy lights for 2.99 also from poundstretchers and a couple of pieces of tinsel. I gave the kids scissors, glue, shiny ribbon and shiny paper and had them make the rest. So the tree has wonky angels, baubles made from scrunched up paper covered in glittery paper, and a hello kitty toy in a gold tissue-paper dress.

Win-win as in it cost very little and the kids had a lot of fun making the stuff for it.
  • darktolight
    Options
    Artificial
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Real all the way..
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    artificial for sure
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I grew up with artificial. I thought about real when I got married but my son has allergies so we played it safe and still did artificial.

Now, my children are all adults and only my 22yr old daughter is still at home. If it were up to me I wouldn't even put one up but she does it while I'm at work. Guess who ends up taking it down and cleaning up the mess?
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fake tree for me. Allergies :(
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Living in the desert, where all the real pine trees are extremely scraggly AND overpriced, I prefer the artificial, prelit ones. Only once have I ever had to light a real christmas tree, and it was a miserable experience. Never again. Besides, I love the convenience of pulling a box out of storage, putting a few poles together, plugging in a cord, and in less than an hour have a pretty tree up in the living room. That's already paid for. ...And doesn't poke the bejeezuz out of you when you touch it. And is not a fire hazard.
  • MCR_Hope
    Options
    Real trees: love the scent of pine and taking the family out for traditional purposes, but for the sake of money and mess, artificial for sure.
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Now that my kids are older, we buy a real tree, but only fir trees. My oldest son and I are allergic to both pine and cedar. Keep my inhaler handy when we tree shop. But a real one us soooo worth it!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I grew up with artificial. As an adult I like real trees.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I've done both, depending on the House we lived in. We used to have a large home with plenty of space so we did a huge 8 ft real tree. But we've also lived in a small apartment so a tiny fake tree worked best. We put it on a small end table and it saved on space.
    This year we're going for a standard 6 ft real tree and we'll put it in the dining room :-) so for me, it's all about the space.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I can post a completed pic when I'm finished if ya like....I'm kind of a Christmas nut. Lol would totally Grizwald it if I had the room.
    Would love to see it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

0c1q1u5incz9.jpg
    f5rmsidw6gld.jpg
    s2m0q2nejeup.jpg
    The bow still needs a little help, but it's done.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    The bow still needs a little help, but it's done.

Very pretty!