Burpee Challenge: Because Burpees Suck

Options
I started a burpee challenge a couple of days ago and I figure I'd offer it to y'all, too. The rep scheme works like this:

Day 1: Do 1 burpee
Day 2: Do 2 burpees
Day 3: Do 3 burpees...
Day 100: Do 100 Burpees.

If you chose to stop here, you'd have completed 5,050 burpees in 100 days. I'll be taking it to about day 165, so I don't expect anyone to join me in doing 13,000+ burpees.

Rules:

1) You must complete your burpees each day. If you forget a day, you must make up the previous day's burpees PLUS that day's burpees. (You really don't want to miss day 99.)

2) You do not have to complete all the burpees in one set; you may break them up throughout the day.

That's it! Any takers?

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll ask............what's a burpee?
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm in...even though I agree, Burpees suck!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    In my fitness class, we call them barfees ....

I think there may be a little variation, but the way we do it... standing, put your arms up over your head, bring them down to the floor, jump your legs back into pushup position, jump your legs back to the start, stand up. That's one.
  • cblue07310
    cblue07310 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    I HATE burpees, so I'll do this challenge for that very reason!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    This sounds interesting...I'll bite!! :-)
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I want to say yes, but I really do not like burpees, so maybe I should say yes to a true challenge......oh go on then yes........I am in:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: That will be me whilst I am doing them haha..

When do we start?
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll ask............what's a burpee?

Here's the step by step from Wikipedia (they also have a nifty little video showing how to do it):
    Begin in a standing position.
    Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground. (count 1)
    Extend your feet back in one quick motion to assume the front plank position. (count 2)
    Return to the squat position in one quick motion. (count 3)
    Return to standing position. (count 4)

You can also throw in a push up or two to add to the challenge. Level 1 drills from Insanity anyone?
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    im unfamiliar with burpees but they sound like the squat thrusts during gym class in school? is it the same thing?
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    What timing...I was just looking this up this morning. I'm in! Sites I've seen say you can get in to the challenge anytime by doing all the missed days. What day are you on?

In other challenges, I've started a group and each day someone posts a thread with the date and day we're on, then people can check into it when they've done their set. Helps people keep track of what day we're on. Any interest in creating a group or having me create one?
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    im unfamiliar with burpees but they sound like the squat thrusts during gym class in school? is it the same thing?

Not that wikipedia is the most legit source, but they say it's the same.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    4751cf21c158e9f764f705a7261e3b33.jpg
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    I have always hated burpees. But when I did them using a step bench for my hands and didn't have to bend down all the way and put my hands on the floor, they weren't so bad. The coach at my gym said that my problem was either extra long legs or tight hamstrings.

I do so much other fitness activity that I don't plan to join the challenge, but just wanted to put that info out in case it might help anyone.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    4751cf21c158e9f764f705a7261e3b33.jpg

Love this!!
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started a burpee challenge a couple of days ago and I figure I'd offer it to y'all, too. The rep scheme works like this:

Day 1: Do 1 burpee
    Day 2: Do 2 burpees
    Day 3: Do 3 burpees...
    Day 100: Do 100 Burpees.

If you chose to stop here, you'd have completed 5,050 burpees in 100 days. I'll be taking it to about day 165, so I don't expect anyone to join me in doing 13,000+ burpees.

Rules:

1) You must complete your burpees each day. If you forget a day, you must make up the previous day's burpees PLUS that day's burpees. (You really don't want to miss day 99.)

2) You do not have to complete all the burpees in one set; you may break them up throughout the day.

That's it! Any takers?

Hi OP - I'd like to catch up - what day are you on?
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I do them almost everyday anyway....so I guess I'll join.
  • jjkarnitz
    jjkarnitz Posts: 55
    Options
    Paige682, LOVE the pic. Isn't that the truth!
    I have been doing Zuzka Light Power Cardio and workout #1 has 50 burpees. I thought, 'no way, this can't be right, she wouldn't do that to me.' But it was right, and I lived through it. I don't know if I could do this challenge though! I am terrible at them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be good til about day 6...LOL. I'm in!