SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    4751cf21c158e9f764f705a7261e3b33.jpg

Love this!!

HAHAH Love it!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Paige682, LOVE the pic. Isn't that the truth!
    I have been doing Zuzka Light Power Cardio and workout #1 has 50 burpees. I thought, 'no way, this can't be right, she wouldn't do that to me.' But it was right, and I lived through it. I don't know if I could do this challenge though! I am terrible at them.

If you lived through 50 burpees in a clip, you can do this challenge. It's really amazing how quickly you can build strength :-)
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    It would probably be better to make a goal of doing a variety of exercise moves instead of focusing so much on burpees.

If you've had any kind of shoulder, hip or knee issues in the past, doing high numbers of any exercise that puts a lot of stress on those areas such as burpees could cause problems.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It would probably be better to make a goal of doing a variety of exercise moves instead of focusing so much on burpees.

If you've had any kind of shoulder, hip or knee issues in the past, doing high numbers of any exercise that puts a lot of stress on those areas such as burpees could cause problems.

Wait, you mean exercise should be scaled based on personal condition? Holy lightbulb, batman!

Don't be so dramatic. Burpees are a tool in the exercise toolbox. Burpees, lunges, squats, pushups, pullups, etc. all have the potential to stress the joints. Anyone who has knee, hip or shoulder issues should probably talk to a physical therapist about limits.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Day One done!
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Day 1 done.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I HATE burpees, so I'll do this challenge for that very reason!

I have never heard anyone say "ya know, I love burpees!" They do suck, they are hard, they make most people want to puke. I hate them too. But I do them. A trainer tried to get me to add a jump up at the end with the standing part. I laughed at him - it was more like hopping after so much spastic movement and I'm too old to hop.

But I will burpee with the crazy people. I'm one of you, and we crazy people get off on discomfort, pain, sweating til we are blind, and occasionally puking....I. In. Day one, done.
  • Liss416
    Options
    So far, so good. Day 2 done.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 2 done!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 2 Burpees
    Day 2: I hate burpees and I don't want to do them but I will do 5.
  • jecky74
    jecky74 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    :huh: But this only gets you up to 30 Burpees.... If you're going to call it a "challenge", shouldn't you be doing something more like:

Day 1 - 3
    Day 2 - 6
    Day 3 - 9
    Day 4 - 12
    etc...

:wink:
  • Liss416
    Options
    Day 3 done!
  • jecky74
    Options
    day 2 done
  • Liss416
    Options
    Day 4 done!

Edit to change number. Apparently, 4 days of burpees makes forget how to count. Lol
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 4 done!
  • jecky74
    Options
    Day 3 done
  • dawnymc1
    dawnymc1 Posts: 29
    Options
    :huh: But this only gets you up to 30 Burpees.... If you're going to call it a "challenge", shouldn't you be doing something more like:

Day 1 - 3
    Day 2 - 6
    Day 3 - 9
    Day 4 - 12
    etc...

:wink:
    Totally. More challenging and quicker strength gains. I do 10 a day with my "home made" cross fit exercise routine so I've already completed the burpee challenge..done! :laugh:
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted... we on day 4 already? I've got a few to catch up on then!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    In my fitness class, we call them barfees ....

I think there may be a little variation, but the way we do it... standing, put your arms up over your head, bring them down to the floor, jump your legs back into pushup position, jump your legs back to the start, stand up. That's one.
    [/quote

Sort of like jumping jacks?