Replies

• audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    Oh Heaven help me I'm in....
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    I can't join the challenge currently but I do work in HITT training into my weekly routine and I am inspired to do a 20 minute Burpees HITT routine...yes crazy but so good... like good medicine :)
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! Adding in the push-up really makes them suck!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Started 1st June, thought it would be easier tracking. 1 - 3 complete
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I started March 1st with this challenge- I got to day 75.... I have been having shoulder issues and needed to take a break. I'm supposed to start up again on Saturday- but now my knee is messed up- I'll finish the last 25 days at some point!!!

PS burpees are awesome. This is fun- but you really need to listen to your body and be careful about doing to much at once. :D
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Not that I can keep up, but I do some many of them with my trainer or in the classes I go to. I am definately skipping days and making days up as I go. I started this on May 29 and since then I have done 128 of these suckers....45 yesterday. My trainer is evil :) I asked him if they get easier, his response was "I don't know, I don't do as many as you" with a lovely little smirk on his face.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I always thought a Burpee was

1. From standing drop to a plank position
    2. Complete a full push -up
    3. Bring knees to chest
    4. From this squatting postion jump in the air.

When you land - that's 1.

Have I been making em harder than needs be?

Our teachers are meaner :(
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see this word it makes me think of Burpee who makes seeds for gardening . sorry I was like what do seeds have to do with exercise?:laugh:

May be I'm the only one though .
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do a set of 100... That is supposed to be extremely hard
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do a set of 100... That is supposed to be extremely hard

My most at one time was 72.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 7 done!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Day 8 done. I am going to have to print off a calendar or something, because I'm starting to forget which day I'm on.
  • jecky74
    jecky74 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I keep track of what day I'm on in my food journal. When I first signed up for this challenge I only marked the first week because if I didn't finish I didn't want to look at what I didn't finish for the next several weeks. I am proud to say I checked off the entire first week and added another to the food journal. It's a small thing but I feel good adding that extra week, knowing I didn't just bail because it's hard (and sucks!).
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    im unfamiliar with burpees but they sound like the squat thrusts during gym class in school? is it the same thing?

I thought burpees were more than squat thrusts b/c of the addition of (1) a push-up after getting in plank position, and (2) a little jump added to standing up from plank. Is this not so? This is how the extreeeeemly scary-fit Russian young ladies on YouTube do burpees.
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Missed a couple days and needed to catch up... Better to miss a day in the beginning than towards the end of the challenge. Lol.

Days 6-11 done.
  • HyacintheAlcuin
    Options
    bleh hate burpees but i'm in
  • shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    I watchaed the video for burpies, looks like death to me
  • shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    however I was looking for something else to do, I may try to commit suicide, lol
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Satan invented burpees.