Diet, Exercise, Hard Work.... and NOTHING is paying off. Needing help guys!

Options
123457»

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Aditi1310 wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    yeah.. My weight is within normal limits.. I am 20.. 5'4'' and my current weight is 57.90 kgs.. but I want to lose fat from my belly and lower body.. so I guessed 54 kgs should be my goal weight.. I am hesitant in going into completely strict diet.. where you only eat like steamed veggies and yogurt n stuff.. because I can't follow that kind of eating forever..
    You are correct and congrats for realizing that.

If you're at a good weight for your height but still have fat you want to lose then what you're really looking for is body recomposition, not weight loss. It's two completely different mindsets. What you want to do is to reduce your body fat percentage and the best way to do that is.... to build muscle.

I'm pretty sure you said earlier that you can't lift much. Time to change that! :wink: Seriously, strength training has soooo many benefits. I started earlier this year and I'm wearing the same clothes in the mid-130 pound range that I was wearing a few years ago in the lower 120 pound range. I carry my weight around my hips and thighs, too. I've been running for a few years and while my thighs have only gotten a little smaller so far, I can see muscle definition in them that running didn't bring by itself.

So, start lifting and use the tape measure instead of the scale to judge your progress. You'll be much happier doing that than subsisting on steamed veggies and still not looking the way you really want to look.

yes.. I am getting motivated to lift more.. n I am going to start from tommorrow.. I literally dread strength training days.. In gym I see others lifting such heavy weights.. n I am like struggling with the small ones.. every now n then, random pple correcting my posture.. argghh.. embarrassing :P
    Don't worry too much about it, you will get stronger the more consistently that you lift and it'll happen more quickly than you'd think.

I started lifting twice per week back in May. When I started I could barely chest press 65 pounds more than 4 or 5 times. I've always been rather strong but it was about 1/4 of what my lifting partner was doing. I felt like a puny wimp. I'm now up to 4 sets of 6 or 7 reps at 115 pounds. And that's only one example; it's like that all over. If I lifted more often, I'm sure it would be even higher than that but I'm going at a rate that works for me and complements my running schedule.

Let people correct your posture, it's much better than injuring yourself. We all have to start somewhere... soon it'll be you looking like a beast while you lift and correcting other people's posture.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions as far as some low calorie foods that can keep me full for long periods of time? I am a southern girl married to an italian, we like to eat lol. So any low calorie filling foods?

The lowest cal foods around would probably have to be veggies.

I do like volume (which is why I try to include a lot of veggies), but I find getting in a big chunk of protein with a meal helps me more.

Even though not low calorie, jerky and greek yogurt are pretty good snack options, as are fruits in general.

Edited to correct my typing because my brain is jumbled from my workout and realized I was making little sense. :tongue:
  • timbobimbo50
    Options
    Hi.
    Let me first say - you can do this!
    Losing weight is a balance of healthy caloric intake, exercise, and rest.
    I am proud of you for taking the step of exercise and logging your calories. You need more protein than you think!
    Best of luck!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Low-cal food that keeps you full - fruits and veggies with fiber. Fiber takes a long time to digest. Everyone raves about fat and protein keeping you full and forgets our good friend Fiber. :)

There are turkey hot dogs with no fat that are 40 or 45 calories. One of those and some beans is pretty filling.

There are many low-cal, healthy foods. You just have to buy them, try them (allrecipes.com is a great place to find good ways to make stuff) and find what you like!!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli has lots of volume and fills me up. Caution of too much though, some side effects :#
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    There are turkey hot dogs with no fat that are 40 or 45 calories. One of those and some beans is pretty filling.

I can eat a whole package of those and be looking for nibblies 45 minutes later...
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I eat every couple of hours. It's pretty easy -- I just chart out my breakfast, lunch, and dinner, then break it into six meals instead of three. Plus I have a snack right before I go to bed, so no matter what time it is, there's always a meal within sight. That's helped me a lot because I don't overeat in one sitting, I'm always full, and I don't crave or graze.

And I read these forums when I eat, which makes me laugh so hard at the fights that break out.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

I can eat a whole package of those and be looking for nibblies 45 minutes later...

Seriously? You ate ten hot dogs in a row?

If it's a joke, I don't get it. If it's not, that's impressive. I never met anyone who ate ten hot dogs and have only seen the contests on TV.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Seriously? You ate ten hot dogs in a row?

If it's a joke, I don't get it. If it's not, that's impressive. I never met anyone who ate ten hot dogs and have only seen the contests on TV.

Not a joke. Those things don't fill me up at all.

The contestants eat 10 times that much. :lol: