Coffee - Good or Bad?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think it varies by person and by how much you drink. If I drink it regularly it negatively affects my sleep and I've noticed that I get really hungry after drinking a 2nd cup. Both of those affects can hurt my weight-loss efforts.

But I've talked to a lot of people that don't seem to have those problems.

Try experimenting with your own coffee consumption and see if having more, less, or none helps or hurts you.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee, and that hasn't changed during this weight loss project (I'm with the you-can-pry-my-coffee-from-my-cold-dead-hands folks) but one of the big diet edits I made was changing from sugar to Equal, and from whole milk to skim. I didn't really mind switching, and it helped a lot.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Coffee makes the world go round. Seriously though, there are lots of health benefits. I make sure to count any sugar or skim milk calories. But, I get jittery if I have too much, so I limit my intake to 2 cups in the morning, and I switch to herbal tea and decaf. in the afternoon.

So far, so yummy! :disagree:

http://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My excellent husband brings me coffee in bed every morning. He's a keeper :smile:

FWIW I drink it black and have always liked it that way, whereas black tea I only like as full-blown chai (milk and sugar), so coffee qualifies as my diet drink :smile:

I'd be curious to know if instant has the same benefits, though. Yeah, I know, instant sucks. But coffee machines aren't useful where I live (we don't get 24-hour electricity), French Press is a pain (would have to clean out after each use, and please, I want more than one cup), etc. Luckily there's a local organic instant. But do wonder if it would have the same benefits.
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Via instant coffees are surprisingly good, a bit pricey though.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    gshifrin wrote: »
    Starbucks Via instant coffees are surprisingly good, a bit pricey though.

No Starbucks here. Thank goodness. Love love love Starbucks, but glad to be able to support local businesses instead of a global chain! :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A must for life.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm just jealous of all of you that are allowed to have caffeine! Damn tachycardia.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Good!

Now that it's hot, I'm drinking iced americanos with a shot of milk. Delicious.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's delicious! The only problem for weight loss would be loading it with cream, sugar, and other such things.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love coffee immoderately. Luckily for me, I love it black (or very rarely with some dairy). Also iced, but not until it's warm here again.

Since I don't get any negative effects from it anymore--years ago it used to make me jittery if I drank more than a cup or so--I do tend to force myself to take a break from it from time to time. But that aside, good!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Hot, black, and lots of it! ;)
  • annanaidoo
    annanaidoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    coffee is nectar from the gods.

i couldn't agree more!!! i have 2 cups every second day in the morning as i make breakfast!It hasn't impacted my weight loss maybe slowed it...but refer to quote!