Options
13»

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I'm 226lbs. Should I bulk? Because another shredded dude said to lose weight first and bulk after I get to 10%. Could a third shredded dude chime in and I'll do a 2/3 majority thing?

Quit being facetious

He did claim 90% of people don't have enough muscle to justify losing weight. I'm allowed to be a little facetious in this case.

Why take it personally though? Are you intent on bulking now?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm 226lbs. Should I bulk? Because another shredded dude said to lose weight first and bulk after I get to 10%. Could a third shredded dude chime in and I'll do a 2/3 majority thing?

I'm sorry- Every time I see you're new picture it looks like a girl *kitten* raping a dude bent over.

I'm sorry. I laugh.
    Ever.
    Time.

please post more- my coworker is on the rag it seems- and he's dreadful when he's like that.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Introduction
    Why?
    Because 9/10 of you starting your fitness journey do not have any reasonable amount of muscle mass that would justify you cutting or losing weight.

Could you cite your source for this please?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    we have a machine for it at my gym- so after I clicked and saw what it was- I figured it out. But still.

the thumbnail doesn't look like weighted calve raises- at all.

So I chuckle quiet a bit.

Would be have been funnier if you left off the calf raise part of that... because if it was Ahhhhnold and a some other guy doing "it" as previously posted.. would be funny.

Just because that for some reason would amuse me. I'm effed up- I know.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    your rather good advice is lost when you open with bullsh!t crap like this

it's insulting and insipid.

"you should bulk because you don't have any muscle- because 90%of you are muscle-less"

I highly doubt that 90% of the people here are at a place where they need to bulk.

There is no insult intent behind the post, it's more the simple truth that the large majority of new trainees do not have the sufficient base of lean mass that would justify them cutting to start their training career.

If yourself, or others, are offended by the statement I apologize it comes across in that manner, but in no way does it discredit the legitimacy of the information provided.

The post will stand as I've created it and if others are offended, well that sucks but at the end of the day you're not going to make everyone happy.

I'm here to share information and assist others on getting off on the right foot, not baby feelings and worry if I've upset someone.

The problem with:

""you should bulk because you don't have any muscle- because 90%of you are muscle-less"

is it tells the readers that you do not know the audience who is reading this thread. You are in essence, telling men and women who are obese and morbidly obese that they should not cut but bulk because they are muscle-less. Wrong.

For what you are calling a beginner's guide to bulking, you have alienated alot of people with that comment because until someone who is obese, morbidly obese and even some classified as overweight, has done their cut to a more appropriate body fat level doing a bulk first would be likely medically unadvisable at best and physchologically and physically damaging at worst.

I don't think that obese people are going to be browsing the "gaining weight" section for advice....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - this is a good beginner guide and is similar to advice that I have been given when asking about a first bulk. I agree with LOLBro that some additional information on psychological affects would be nice, but that would make this post even longer. I was going to do a bulk a year ago but totally chickened out because of fear of too much fat gain, which I now realize is stupid. I am about 8 weeks into my bulk and have been adding about .5 pound per week ..however, came down with stomach virus last week which has slowed me down a bit...
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Not sure if trolling, or just total lack of ability to comprehend sarcasm...either way, you're failing.