35 pounds gone in 2 months

Options

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    WOW! Big change in two months. You must be so happy :) keep up the great work. You look amazing!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    Are you sure that's only 35 lbs?!!! It looks like so much more! You are beautiful in both pictures, but my - what a difference!!! Congrats!

really ! Great
  • bharatirats
    bharatirats Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing...
  • Megsw89
    Options
    You look incredible! I have never heard of that program but I am going to check it out today!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That is great progress! You look amazing and that's great to hear that you are so motivated to keep going.. The more you read around on these forums, the more you will learn. I remember thinking that I was gaining muscle in the beginning but more so it was just an "awakening" for my muscles. I've learned so much from MFP for the 10 months that I've been actively logging :) Nutrition and fitness is an exciting world!
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!!
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great, keep up the great work!
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is pretty incredible the transformation our bodies go through with weight loss. I have lost 45 lbs, and I still shake my head at former pictures of me. Hard to believe how much has changed. Keep it up!
  • AmmB23
    AmmB23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Great job! Update us in 2 more months. ;)<3
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Progress!
  • AnthonyThrashD
    AnthonyThrashD Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    And also what is your definition of building muscle? Because if my arms and legs and abs, etc are getting really strong and solid from working out 6 times a week are you saying that I'm not building muscle? How do I get stronger and firmer and toner without building up any muscle?

You're burning the intramuscular fat. That means your muscles feel more firm. You can build some muscle in a deficit if you are under trained, obese, or returning from injury. It's not going to be a significant amount.

^Ah, ok that does make sense. When I started heavy lifting I gained 4 lbs of muscle over ~six months while eating at a deficit (newbie gains). I had body composition (DEXA) tests before and at 6 months that verified that amount.

That said, the OP does look amazing and looks like she lost far more than 35 lbs. However it does take a tremendous amount of heavy lifting and time to build muscle.
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is so great!!!! You look so confident in your after picture!!!
  • mahaaaaaa90
    Options
    how did you do this in two months? wow :o please give me some advice on what to eat what to avoid
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Wow! 35 pounds made a huge difference! You look great! Way to go!
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    how did you do this in two months? wow :o please give me some advice on what to eat what to avoid

I followed FXB's program which is eating 6x a day, 6 days a week and I worked out 6 days a week (3 days of kickboxing and 3 days of strength training). My meals were small around 300 calories on average 6x a day and the food was super clean. I ate single ingredient foods like turkey, chicken, egg whites, whole eggs, quinoa, baked yams, squash, spinach, fresh veggies, 2 servings or less of fruit a day, etc. Sundays were my fun day or cheat day but I usually just ate one cheat meal. I took Sundays off from working out too.

In 10 weeks I lost 41 pounds and lost 24 inches.

Tomorrow starts the next 10 week session for the new classes and I recommitted as a FIT member and will start the same program fresh again. My goal for phase 2 is to lose 50 pounds (not in 10 weeks but that is my 1st official goal). I'm happy the holidays are over and I'm excited to get going again.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    2 months! OMG you are a beast! Way to go! B)
  • shemikajordan1
    Options
    Congratulations !!! You look AMAZING
  • Musicalpolarbear
    Musicalpolarbear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!