Help with muscle gain diet & workout (I'm slightly new to macros and clean dieting for muscle gain)

Options

Replies

• AMonari
    AMonari Posts: 49 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi all,

Having entered in MFP as accurately as I could the above macros breakdown which is based on my changed eating plan which amounts to just above 2300 calories I wanted to get some opinions regarding the differences between my totals and daily goals especially which foods I could vary on my training and non training days in order to bring the totals as close as I could to the goals.

For my goals vs current totals breakdown see the image attachment I called CURRENT TOTALS VS GOALS 17_12_2014.PNG

For my eating plan please see the attachment titled EATING PLAN 17_12_14.pdf

Thanks for any suggestions.

0nh4iwev64wg.png
  • AMonari
    Options
    And by the way as JoRocka stated in my thread and here I'm gradually getting over the idea of completely not gaining fat when bulking !!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!!

Great job!
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Up fats ASAP.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    New macros sound good (eating plan still shows the old ones).

You're definitely overthinking things. Plug in the new macros (you won't get them exact, but ballpark is fine) and log what you eat. Nif you don't gain, eat more :)
  • AMonari
    Options
    Hi all,

Just made my diary public. I've been logging my food so y'all could take a look.
  • AMonari
    Options
    Up fats ASAP.

@beastcompany: Based on my attachment in my earlier post and balancing my macros also as mentioned in my earlier post which foods do you recommend (sorry if I've asked before)?
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in awe of the amount of vegetables you eat on a normal day, but I couldn't live on the amount of fat you eat without getting murdery. It looks like you eat a lot of salads and raw veg -- could you add some olive or coconut oil, or some avocado? Making some homemade dressing with citrus or vinegar and oil would be good. Using full-fat dairy would help too.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    AMonari wrote: »
    Up fats ASAP.

@beastcompany: Based on my attachment in my earlier post and balancing my macros also as mentioned in my earlier post which foods do you recommend (sorry if I've asked before)?

Peanut butter.
    Red meat.
    Whole-Fat Dairy Products.
    Have a candy bar.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OMG you must be keeping your local tesco's produce section going. That's a lot of fruit and veg!
    Like Alice says, try putting some oil through your salad, I used to make my own with olive oil, vinegar, chilli flakes, mustard seeds - that sort of thing if you don't like store bought.

Are you eating your bran flakes dry? What about some full fat or even semi-skimmed milk. I'm assuming you're veggie, from your diary, but I see dairy in there so how about adding some eggs?

Throw some peanut butter in your shake. You really do need to get that fat macro up - your hormones will be all over the place without it - last thing you want to do is eff with your testosterone if you're looking to build muscle. You're not doing your brain function or joints any good either. Even just some omega 3 or cod liver oil capsules could help get your levels up a bit (flax seed oil if you don't do fish). At the very least, adding more fat is going to cut down the sheer volume of food you're having to put away. Fat WILL NOT make you fat :)

Edit: most of these suggestions are not what I would do, had I your problem. I'd have a snicker or some Nutella or Ben & jerry's. I can't see you doing that though.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    to be fair- there is such a thing as a clean bulk.
    -
    That's a common term- and it has nothing to do with the type of food you eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    to be fair- there is such a thing as a clean bulk.
    -
    That's a common term- and it has nothing to do with the type of food you eat.

Clean dieting or clean bulk. He asked for advice on clean dieting.

I'm nitpicking, of course.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Clean bulk = small surplus
    dirty bulk = large surplus- and usually the mentality of "eff all to the fat gains" or forever bulk brah
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Clean bulk = small surplus
    dirty bulk = large surplus- and usually the mentality of "eff all to the fat gains" or forever bulk brah
    He didn't ask that. He asked about clean dieting.

My point: why does he get a pass for using terms imprecisely, but the average poor schmuck who innocently mis uses terms doesn't.

dirty bulking has always sounded nasty to me lol.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    we already addressed it and moved on.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited December 2014
    Options
    we already addressed it and moved on.

Four pages, one mention. No standard MFP dog pile.

Maybe we're growing.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    You're looking to hard for a fight that isn't there.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Fascinating. Four pages and no one freaking out that he's "clean dieting".

ps: THIS is trolling lol. (Trolling: the most misused word on the forums)
    :drinker:

Hmm.

Enters every thread to complain about hijacking and mean people. Then starts the fight herself. I have a confuse.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

Hmm.

Enters every thread to complain about hijacking and mean people. Then starts the fight herself. I have a confuse.

And note that I self identified. cheers.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

Hmm.

And note that I self identified. cheers.

Well at least we all now know that the motivation behind most of your posts is really that you enjoy the fight.