Not loosing weight on 1200cal

Options
13»

Replies

• Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop focusing on the numbers. 115 is a healthy weight for 5'3 and that might be why you can't seem to lose any more weight.
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    coleymfp wrote: »
    i eat 1200-1300 calories a day and im not loosing weight :(
    i go for a 20-40 minute run everyday, know thats not very much but i'm very active throughout the day with my job.
    i weigh 115, 5"3 with a bmi of 20.4 and ive been at this weight for over 2 months :(
    i know i don't need to loose the weight but id like to get to at least 105
    does anyone know why im not loosing weight? :/

I will keep it short! I would like to make a suggestion that will help you maintain the healthy look that you are desiring. Since you are young it will be to your benefit to learn the principals of healthy living which include: Sleep, Exercise,Water, Mental Rest, Nutritious Food and a Positive Attitude. If you make them a habit they will serve you well your whole life and you will never have to worry about being over weight. The best to you because you are on the right track.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food ?
    Staying hydrated ?
    Sleeping well ?
    Ditto. Get a good scale and weigh everything. If you're eating packaged food regularly, just know that the food industry tampers with the numbers on the nutrition labels. They are allowed a certain margin of error.

If there's something in your diet that's so good, you can't believe it has so few calories, then cut that item out and see what happens.
  • medusascircle
    medusascircle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I understand and have similar frustrations with those last few pounds. I know mentally I'm at my weight but I always strive for my skinny weight. Unfortunately it's hard to reach and when I finally do it's hard to maintain long term, I always end up gaining back 5 lbs.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Because you are eating too little - it may seem like a contraindication, but it happens. Also, consult a physician regarding whether it is safe for you to reach your goal weight and maintain it

Good points.

• holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just in case it wasn't clear. Start lifting free weights at the gym, with a very slight increase in calories a day. I would add only about 100 from a protein heavy source. This will help you build muscle while mostly maintaining current fat levels. This is otherwise known as clean bulking. I'd be willing to bet you will see a difference in as little as month.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It could be.... your math sucks.