20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone!!

Rachel, so good to see you!! sounds like you are doing great:) I am happy that you are enjoying your weekends!

Connie, hope it is not too hot there! I think it is awesome how much you are able to eat! you wil see great results when you begin the cut

marie, hope you are having a good weekend!

nancy, I could never mow my lawn, I would probably hurt someone or myself. I imagine it is great exercise though
    ruthie, faye and Shirley so good to see you!

we went out for an awful dinner last night! we went with another couple and split everything so it was hard for me to be good but the food was so awful, I really ate very little. I am hoping for a loss the first week of this new challenge:)

have a peaceful Saturday!!
    Stephanie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Marie, I missed you all too! I would be so happy to hear you getting a kitty. There are so many cats in desperate need of loving homes. I hope you can convince your husband to get one. :)
    We don't have a move in date set just yet, but I think mid to late September is probably pretty likely. And even then we'll have at least a month to move everything over. We're still under our apartment lease contract until the 1st of November. That month will definitely be needed!

Connie, it's great that you're able to eat so high and not see much gain. That shows that maintenance will be very doable and realistic for you long term. I'm still not quite sure what maintenance will look like for me, especially if I want to not count on weekends.
    Enjoy looking at your lots and houses! It's great to have some separation from neighbors. Our house is also in a subdivision, but everyone has a little under or a little over an acre it seems, so there's nice separation between each house. :)

Shirley, congratulations on 20,000 steps!! I've yet to hit that mark, I only have my 15,000 step badge.

Stephanie, thank you! It's good to be back. :)

I'm going to squeeze some gym time in before the commitment ceremony. I think that's what helped me lose this week, I only took 1 day off for exercise. The week I gained I took 2 days off. So gym time for me and then rest day tomorrow.

Enjoy your Saturday!

-Rachel
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon misfits,
    We had to go pick up our door for the porch project. We got the windows Thursday so we are set to finish the
    screened porch. The windows had to be custom made so it took a few weeks to get them.

Connie, We have about 1/3 acre to cut and we don't have a riding lawn mower. We had a riding mower but our
    lot is hard to cut as it slopes in some places and the riding mower just scalped it in those areas. We do have a self-propelled
    mower but it still a job for me!!!
    Good luck on finding your perfect lot. We did that when we retired and built our dream home. We are in an area
    where we have several retired families so it is rather quiet.

It's mostly a rest day for me.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's raining!!!! It's pouring!!!!!!!
    The locals are roaring.....
    We played in the sun and had our fun.....
    Our sunburns are healing!!!!!!

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Esther where are you having all this fun at?
    We will reach our first 100 degree temperature. This comin Monday and more to come. It is here our air condition is 15 years old pray it make it thru those hot days
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    It has been in the 80s here so we have been going to the beach. We have 5 well used beaches. Two of them have large "sandy" areas (it's more like smaller rocks) between the seaweed covered rocks that is perfect for swimming in. The ground has a nice easy slope to it so There aren't steep drop-offs to worry about. And as the tide comes in there is more area for swimming. We are swimming in the inside passage which is the body of water that runs between all of the islands in southeast Alaska. It really is the Pacific Ocean however it is sheltered by islands from the main body do the ocean. But it is easy to get sunburnt with the sun beating down on the water. But the kids love it. This morning my little one had a soccer game in the rain. Because if the amount of rain we get here in Ketchikan we play everything in the rain. Including baseball and softball. This year has been exceptionally dry. We had the driest May on record with only .68 inches of rain for the month. This year as if July 9 we have only had 80.22 inches of rain this year. Normally we are up over 100 inches by this time of the year. The cool weather (59 today) is a welcomed feeling.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We are a very special bunch. We just never give up. and never give up .s we have really bonded together

marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Now that I have this stupid brace I am stuck wearing shorts because it is so bulky pants don't go over it and it doesn't work to put pants under it.......... But I grabbed a pair of capris that I have shrunk out of. They fit perfectly over the brace!!!!!!!!! But I have to wear a belt with the pants. The last time I wore this belt it was on the last hole. I am now on the fourth hole in!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!!

happy sunday:) hope everyone is having a great weekend! we went out last night and I usually don't drink because I would rather eat my calories but I actually had a drink last night. my friend said it had no carbs and I actually really enjoyed it. it was flavored vodka with soda water and a lime.

hubby and I slept in this morning and just finished breakfast. I made us cinnamon protein waffles which are so yummy. I am trying to convince him(and myself) to take a walk.

hope everyone has a great day!!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I can't get into the chat topic on the Thanksgiving group told me it was closed
    for discussing???? But did get into the Exercise topic and Vickie posted some wonderful photo of her Hike I would have miss it. Thanks Vickie for sharing Could some one check it out
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I can't get into the chat topic on the Thanksgiving group told me it was closed
    for discussing???? But did get into the Exercise topic and Vickie posted some wonderful photo of her Hike I would have miss it. Thanks Vickie for sharing Could some one check it out
    Marie

Look for today's date..it begins a new week for chat and weigh in.
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Connie How stupid of me That never enter My mind.
    *I guess trying to keep up with sugar free, gluten free and vegan is taken it toile on me. But think this past week I done real well Still a working progress tho..
    How is your day going?
    Its Sunday. Alice is not coming out today But taking off tomorrow to take me to the eye doctor.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    That's ok Marie. Just do what I do. I claim blonde moments.........

Esther.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ha ha Esther I claim Senior moments keeping up with all of my reqdguirements but each day it will get easier already has

Marie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The weekend went far too quickly!

Have a good week everyone!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    What a day....... I was out at a friends house all day helping him out. He wanted to cook up a batch of raspberry moonshine. But he has a few errands to run during the afternoon. So I went out and babysat the cooker. I was sitting outside on a bench talking on speaker phone to my mom when Spike (a young deer with little spikes for antlers) came around the side of the shed. He was eavesdropping on my phone conversation ;) he was nibbling on some flower shoots less than 8 feet away from me. He wasn't bothered by me. Normally the young ones are not that curious. Especially when one of his dogs was barking at the deer. The deer seemed to enjoy antagonizing the dog o:)

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Monday!

The weekend went so quickly! After church, we were out looking at lots again. Can't seem to decide. Maybe it was due to 100 degree temps! We will go back out today, hopefully decide, and get this ball rolling. I just wish it were a little cooler, but that's not going to happen this week.

I'm doing another rest day today..walked a lot yesterday, and I'll will be out there again today.

Marie..enjoy your time with Alice. Maybe y'all can do lunch after your appointment.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning, friends! I agree that the weekend went by way to quickly. We had Jessica, Joe and the babies and Joshua and Jennifer over for the cookout and the pond unveiling and it was a a wonderful evening on Saturday. Little Joseph loved finally getting to see the pond and he got to name all the fish. Of course, he's not quite 3 so the names are a little silly ;-) Little Emily LOVED our dog, Maddie. She was squealing with delight! Typically, we go to our daughter's house because it's easier for the kids to nap and play in their own environment. So, they don't come to our house too often. We all ran and chased each other (along with the dogs) and had a great time.

I did fairly well with my eating plan over the weekend. However, I was busy Saturday and then again on Sunday and I missed one of my snack meals each day. I allowed myself a glass of pinot grigio on Friday and Saturday night. The night of the cookout I had a burger and a hot dog (no buns) instead of my planned dinner. I need to figure out a balanced mini meal to keep in my purse for times that I'm not able to get back home in time for the scheduled meal. I meet with my metabolic coach tomorrow and we'll come up with a plan for those situations. During the week it's easy to stay organized because my schedule is the same each day. The weekends are a little different.

Saturday I was busy shopping and cleaning. My husband and I spent all day outside yesterday pruning, mowing, weeding, harvesting, fertilizing, and other yard tasks. So, we got lots of physical activity.

Esther, the raspberry moonshine sounds interesting. How is that made? The deer sounds adorable! I can't believe it's only 59 at your house. It's been such a hot and rainy summer for us. I'm ready for a break from both.

Nancy, so glad you are getting your porch completed soon. These projects always take a bit of time to do them right. We still have a little bit to do to the pond and my water feature, but they are mostly finished.

Connie, good luck with the house/lot hunting! We live in the country and our yard is surrounded by large pines, elms, maples, and oak trees. We have a neighbor on one side, an open lot on the other, and farm fields behind our one acre lot. It's really peaceful.
    I can't wait to see how your weight loss goes once you cut in August. You work so diligently at your exercise routine!

Stephanie, your waffles sound delish!

Marie, you are doing so well eliminating sugar, gluten and eating vegan!

Shirley, your boating lifestyle sounds idyllic!!! I can imagine it really is a wonderful way to spend your time in retirement. Enjoy the baby!

I'm excited about getting back to the gym after work today. The trainer really kicked my butt with the HIIT cardio on Friday. I hope I can do whatever's on the agenda today without looking like I'm dying. LOL

Have a great day, misfits!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Misfits

it is 76 now and heading to 99 this afternoon yes indeed Connie to hot for looking at lots. hope you find what you want soon

Esther need to take some picture. to sow such cuteness. We hardly ever see a wild animal. we don't see any crickets, grasshoppers lighting bugs and June bugs. I guess we ran them all off. My daughter that lives out in the country still has oodles of grasshoppers I have not seen any bees , wasp But those dang mosquitos are still going strong here

Connie try to stay cool today Hope you find the lot you want. Yes we will be going out for lunch before the eye appt. Its not till 1 Pm.

Eatless I am trying to think of your name but not connecting yet But I know you are from Singapore Need to go look at my list. Glad you pop in yesterday.

Have a wonderful hot day.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky you pop in while I was posting . so good morning to you.
    Your lot sounds really nice. Do you have wild animals around you. My daughter does My son in law set up a camera and got some pictures of some critters at night. quite interesting to see what roam you land at night. I would not want to go out at night there. Mostly wild dogs.
    I am doing pretty good on my plan. My #1 enemy is nuts I love Pecans and cashew and can't keep my cotton picking hands out of the till they are all gone.. maybe I better quilt buying them..
    Make this a greater day than the one before

Marie