20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning, friends!

Marie, yes, you can grow tomatoes in the straw bales. In fact, you can grow any plant in the straw. You just need to either compost it before planting or wait one year for it to compost on its own. The reason for this is because at the beginning, it gets way too hot as it breaks down. There's lots of information online on how to compost it quickly to plant in them the year you get them.

The sweet potatoes are the plants along the left side of the garden, big beautiful green leaves. The other three sides have about 15 different varieties of white potatoes.

Ray, the swings in the picture are nearly 20 years old. We got them at Lowes and have simply kept up with staining and waterproofing them. They are wonderful! Please post a pic of your kitties and your new house if you can. We have hand raised quite a few kitties and I loved it when they were bottle fed. It was so sweet!! Hope all goes well with the house inspection! My son and his fiance are closing on a townhouse hopefully this week.

Connie, Yes, I LOVED the leg presses! I am just so pleased that I took the step of getting a trainer and metabolic coaching. Your dedication was very inspiring to me! Have fun looking at houses. It's always so exciting to go house hunting.

Faye, LOL about leg pressing your ideal body weight! You need to post some pics of the area where you live in Singapore. I'd love to see them!

Shirley, Isaac is so adorable! I love chubby baby legs. <3 I be you really enjoyed having him last night. Hopefully, he sleeps well through the night for you. :-)

Janice, your pictures are gorgeous! Is that lake visible from your yard? Cody looks like a real love, too. I got the tomato plants at Lowes. They always have larger tomatoes and rosemary plants each spring.

Well, I had my official weigh in this morning. I'm not quite sure how I lost, but I did!

SW: 186.7
    CW: Wk 1: 183.2
    GW: 167
    Total lost this challenge: 3.5 lb

Have a great day!

Becky
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    wow so much has happened!! everyone lives in such beautiful areas:) I love all the pics of the dogs!!

Shirley, Isaac is edible!! I sometimes miss when my guys were that small but I had so much anxiety about taking care of them and the schedule, I don't know that I fully enjoyed them. hopefully, I will be a grandma one day, it seems to be the very best!

Marie, great news about your eyes!! I am actually going to the eye doc today. for the first time ever, I am having trouble seeing when reading. another perk of growing older:)

Connie, good luck with the house!! that is super exciting!! I have never built a house, I'm sure it is so rewarding!!

Janice and Becky, loos so peaceful where you live.

Becky, I love the pond, does the dog ever go in? Great loss for the first week!! that is so amazing!! it feels great when everything starts working!!

Ester, I don't even know what to say except stay out of the kitchen because it will only make you feel worse. that is so unbelievably sad, I hope they get the girl the help she needs. you are such a good person for always helping and being so supportive. just do not self destruct, you will only hurt yourself and you have worked so very hard. we are done stuffing our emotions, we need to deal and feel them. hope you feel better this morning!!

Ray, so glad you are back!

nancy, I didn't realize you did windows as well!! you are quite handy, it's impressive!!

off to spin and I am down 1.4lbs from last week so good way to start the challenge. hoping to lose more than my pathetic 3 from the last go around!!

check in later!!
    Stephanie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi gang

This will be short. My tablet's keyboard is not connecting so I am typing on the screen.

I read all your posts and will answer on our laptop when my hubby gets off.

Shirley

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day for our Thanksgiving group. I lost 2.2 lbs yay! I think having a scheduled weigh in day on the group thread is very helpful in keeping me on track.

Esther- I am so sorry to hear about your friends. Proud of you for staying out of the kitchen!

Faye - I had to laugh about your aircon situation. We have the same in the south. Yesterday was around 95 degrees and yet I wore long sleeves and took a fleece jacket with me to an afternoon movie and to the grocery store. I could not believe how cold it was in the theater must have been about 66 degrees.

Happy Tuesday!
    Ruthie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Okay my keyboard is working!!

Thank you for all the compliments on Isaac, we just love him. I will post another picture, Grandma feeding him while
    mom is out at a bachorlette party.

I am getting on track again with eating. I will weigh on Friday, still trying to get down. Becky we are in the same boat
    with our weight. I am trying to get to 160 for my first goal but having a time of it with going away all the time and eating
    things not normally in my everyday diet.

I am will be leaving again on Friday with my oldest daughter, Kristina to a Yoga Retreat on Wolfe Island. So looking forward
    to it. There will be vegetarian meals only and I heard the food is great. There will be kayaking too and Yoga and meditation of course. We have to get to the island by a Ferry ride. I will let you know how it went.

It's raining today so I think my exercising will be indoors today.

Connie - Good luck with the plot finding, it must be hard.
    Esther - Sorry about the young lady and her issues, hopefully she will get help.
    Faye - I know I couldn't handle your hot weather. Keep cool.
    Becky - Your pictures are great!
    Marie - So happy to hear your eyes are doing great!
    Rachel - Have fun with the kitty's. Good luck with the bank and the house.

If I missed anyone sorry, I will catch you later. I am still trying to catch up with everything this week.

Shirley zis52f4v8elh.jpg
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Stay focused Esther

Here's hoping she makes a full recovery and gets the best aftercare available
  • eatless83
    Options
    Becky - I will post some pics from my condo tomorrow once it's light outside. I'm on the 19th floor so there are some nice views from my balcony, but nothing like the stunning country side and gardens you get back home though!!

Had a nice full protein dinner tonight - smoked salmon and egg white omelette! Delicious!!!

Off to catch some sleep now - will check in again in the morning

Faye

• eatless83
    Options
    xkxt4hjqhk6h.jpg

This a pic from an office building I was in earlier this week - so not my everyday view!
    In the background you can see the sea with the iconic marina bay sands "boat" hotel onthe left and then the business district is on the right

Singapore river in the middle where I have done a few dragon boat races in the past

;-)
  • tenpets
    Options
    Faye,

I love the picture of your city!! How stunningly gorgeous. The city looks so clean and I love the architecture! I'm really enjoying seeing where each of us live! The rest of our group should also do the same. :-)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Geez..you guys are on it!

Shirley...you look great and your grandson is adorable! I hope I get a grandbaby soon!

Becky...Wow...just WOW...on your first week weight loss!

Ruthie..great loss for you, too!

Janice...you are soooo right. I am NOT going to settle. This will be our third and last home and the first one that we build from scratch. We are already settling by moving into another subdivision, but this is within a golf course community so the houses are farther apart and there are lots of woods. The lot we are looking at backs up to the woods. I wish I could find something like Becky's land.

Rachel, Steph, Faye...good to see you guys.

Esther..so sorry about your daughter's friend. Teens today have so many more issues to deal with; it is difficult.

Just returned from Body Pump, finished my protein shake, and am headed for the shower!
    Check back later.

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Faye-What a neat view, Singapore has got to be an interesting place, I really dont know much about it.

Esther-So sorry about the girls sister, I hope she gets better soon. It is so sad these young kids wanting to die, I am sure mom will get her the help she needs. Dont let your emotions get you to do something to sabatoge yourself. It wont help the girl and you'll just feel bad. Do something to get your mind off of this with the kids, how about the beach, maybe snap some beautiful pictures while there, I know you love swimming.

Becky-The water pictures are not in my back yard, they are a place where my daughter goes fishing, and another one is Rough River, we used to own land, there, but we sold it in 2009.I have lots of pretty pictures from there, but there not in my phone or computer. I'll have to remember that Lowes carries those tomato plants that have little green ones on them. I didnt see them at our Lowes.Congratulations on your great loss of 3.5lbs, so pleased you lost on your new plan. Way to go!

Stephanie-It is peaceful, in my back yard and beautiful, and also when the leaves change colors and there is snow on the hills. The front yard is in an everyday subdivision, so I have the best of both worlds.

Ruthie-Congratulations on 2.2 loss, glad the scales are moving in the right direction, when its so hot its great you can get out it and just go see a movie, but that does sound alittle cold in there. My Walmart is really cold, everytime I go in there, it feels good for awhile, until I need to hurry up cause I'm cold.

Shirley-Great picture of you and little Isaac, he's a cutie. The trip you are going on to the yoga retreat, with your daughter sounds nice and healthy.

Have a great day. Janice

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey I been busy scheming all the fantastic pictures and reading post to.
    Just a few words here before Heading to Wal-Mart.

Becky great on losing . Its paying off Wonderful

Stephanie I found a avocado sauce to make to go with those green noodles You like so well.

gotta go be back later.
    Marie

PS love all the pics. Thanks for sharing. I will try to dig some out when I get back and get lunch out of the way.

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-The land at the golf course sounds pretty, normally golf course houses are really in an area with beautiful landscaping. Its exciting to build a house, my husband is a carpenter, he is a very good trim carpenter, too. When house building was good, he was framing by day, trimming at night alot. He did expensive homes with the fancy trim, crown, stairs and fireplace mantles, he also built bookcases in the walls. Trim can really jazz up a home. Now he is doing general contracting where they build schools, firehouses, and other government jobs. They do also redo Krogers. What kibd of ideas do you have for your new house? Gotta go. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    1crfo3zq83gm.jpg

I went outside to let dogs run around alittle bit and picked all the red tomatoes I seen, theres alot of green tomatoes on the plants, I had a couple that split at the top, I wonder what makes them do that. I plan on looking up. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Well I have to admit something here. I was naughty..... My daughters best friend stayed at our house last night so she would have the emotional support...... She is also on MFP trying to lose some weight. She is 14 and weighs 200 pounds so she is trying to drop a few pounds with me. But with her sister ODing I decided some comfort food was in order....... The sister is doing much better. They will be moving her out if ICU later today but they will still keep her for at least another day. In times like these I think it is ok to cheat and have a comfort meal. But I did add hot cocoa to the doughnut. At least it has protein and calcium. Right? o:)

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    9y93hyysssbg.jpg
    uxrwiob49i3b.jpg
    Wow you have been busy misfits!!!!
    Everyone has something going on.
    PTL we finished the porch today!!!
    I will try to post a picture.
    Now off to my mother in laws 93rd birthday
    party.
    Nancy
  • tenpets
    Options
    Nancy, your new porch is beautiful! You two really do great work. I know you'll enjoy sitting in the porch in nice weather. Enjoy the birthday party. :)

Becky
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Nancy you have a lovely home and I see you have been busy constructing that add on.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Nancy very nice you will enjoy that and no mosquitos Is this your back yard or front yard? Whatever very nice Now enjoy it is your hubby better

Marie.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi all....... I was able to go visit "my other daughter" in the hospital. She is in good spirits. She has realized just how many people really do care about her. She was also enlightened to what the Benadryl and Excedrin and Tylenol combination could do to you. She said she thought she would fall asleep from the Benadryl and the rest could do the job but that's not how it works. She had it explained that it was a very long very painful way to go. She was happy to see my 5 yr old. And Iris made her a card with a picture of the two of them under an umbrella splashing in puddles. (Yes it is raining today). The counselor has said she could go home today if the doctor says she can. I'm just hoping she learned her lesson.

Esther