Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    49dakhwkm6lk.jpg
    Afternoon misfits
    Sure is hot in my neck of the woods!!!!
    Everyone seems to be busy lately. I can't keep up with all that is going on!!!
    -Ray, Your house is so cute. Lots of grass to cut!!! Your kitty's are so precious.
    -Becky, Your yard is beautiful. Looks like lots of work.
    -Shirley, Your little man is so cute.
    -Connie, We are in a Golf and Lake community also and we are not golfers. The amenities are nice but as you said it comes with a price.
    Sometimes the covenants are a pain in the rear
    and are not always enforced. Like neighbors who don't keep their grass cut and hedge trimmed.
    One more thing you might like is a central vacuum system. I love mine and doesn't cost much when building.
    -Marie, You asked if I look out onto the lake when in the screened porch. The answer is yes and I will attach a picture.
    Nancy
    jcxyb4h8obo3.jpg
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Stephanie-So glad your eye check up went well and you dont need special glasses, I wear readers too.

Becky-You must have needed the sleep, our body lets us know when we need to rest. Enjoy your workout, I know you are learning things everytime you see the trainers

Connie -Looks like you are definitely paying attention to all the options, the vacum system Nancy mentioned sounds like a good option. Anyway I am sure you will do fine.

Shirley-It will be soon on your tomatoes, once they start getting red, it really seems like several do. One day I had one then next thing I know there is 9 red ones. I had some of our tomatoes, last night and today with lunch. Have fun on your retreat.

Eninad-You can and will get into the 100's, it sounds like within the next week or so, the same thing happened to me last year.I am now 179, the 190's flew by but I have really had trouble with the 180's hang in there, this is probably the first of many milestones to come. I had another salad today for lunch with grilled chicken. I have been making a large salad in a 9x11 metal pan with lid, I start off with lettuce, and add layers of other vegetables, grapes and jalapenos, plus I add a small amount of cheese and bacon bits on top. I have been doing this since last year, I do vary it up, I have put more protein like pepperonis or different lean meats, on occassion. I was putting the dressing on top, but it dont get soggy, doing it when I eat it. Plus my husband wants different salad dressing than me. It comes in handy.

Marie-Didnt eat my bacon tomato sandwich for lunch, but I will soon. I had more salad, as I said earlier.

Nancy-Love the view from your house, very pretty area. How is your son doing?

I think the rain, is out of here for a few days, its been alot of rain this past month, going on 14inches.
    Hi everyone else I missed, have a good day. Janice
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in and see how everyone is doing. I love all the pics!

I've been really busy. I went to a sleep class at the Veterans Hospital this morning, since I don't sleep well. I found out that I have bad night habits. So I'm going to try to change them and use the strategies that the nurse mentioned.

Like going to bed and getting up at the same time every day no matter what I planned for the day. I'm aiming for 5:30 am, that way I can workout before work and still get there by 7:00am.

Also to stay out the bed unless I'm about to sleep. I tend to treat my bed like a couch. So I'm hoping I'm more organized and well rested once I get this new routine down. I'm not sure how this is going to go though being that I don't like getting up early on the weekends. But the upside is I can accomplish a lot more in a day.

I like this new gym I started going to its Kickboxing. So much fun and its an intense 30 minute workout. Hard to believe my body hurts from a workout that over so quickly!!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Janice, Our son is doing great to have had such a bad injury. Pretty bad scar on forehead and scalp but I think
    it will look better with time. Still has a pin in thumb but it is healing ok.
    Thank you for asking.
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Now that my littlest has art school ( it is a 4 week acting school) 1 hour a day 4 days a week I get to play Dodge Tourist every day. The school is being held at the ballet studio which is located in out downtown area where all the tourists are. The studio is 1 1/2 blocks from the docks where the cruise ships tie up. Here is a pic of our downtown area the church is the oldest church in Ketchikan. It is the episcopal church. And Deer Mountain is in the background. Tallest mountain on our island at 3000 feet tall
    ifro3pha73ye.jpg

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Esther, Ketchikan is the coolest city. We docked there on cruise ship and spent the day shopping and walking around
    the town. Would love to come back there someday, that was the best cruise ever. Loved Alaska!!!
    Looks like you are busy as a bee as usual. You are an amazing lady!!!
    Nancy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I love that it is so easy to post pictures so I can see the beautiful places where all of you live ---and the kittens.

:) I went out to lunch with a small group of my line dance friends and ate my usual (some chips and salsa, one cheese enchilada, and a side of pico de gallo), I eat the same thing at every Mexican restaurant so I don't have to read through all the tempting items on the menu and make any decisions.

<3 Barbie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Barbie You do have a system that works, I dont know when I will become that regimented, maybe one day, that is good about the mexican restaurant and always getting same thing, how many calories do you estimate in that meal.

Esther -Your kids are into alot of things, when mine were young they did too and like and wanted it, when you got older they were kind of burnt out on all the activities. Pretty picture.

Nancy-I am so glad your son is doing good and didnt lose his thumb, like you were worried about one of the last times I heard about him. Your right the scars will heal in time, my sister was in a horrible accident, where her fore head was split wide open, when she was younger, and over the years it has faded, plus she has bangs.

Getting tired, so you all tommorrow. Janice
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    Barbie You do have a system that works, I dont know when I will become that regimented, maybe one day, that is good about the mexican restaurant and always getting same thing, how many calories do you estimate in that meal.
    :) Janice, According to my food diary, the meal was over 600 calories but it included a few things that I never eat at home, some veggies, and there were no leftovers to cause me to revisit the meal again. I have built the routine I follow a little at a time. A routine is a good thing for me because it saves me from using up a lot of energy on indecision and regret. It took me until age 62 to get serious about my health and aim to do only those things that contribute to my health and longevity.

:) Marie, this is the weekend I'll have lavender ice cream---the one dessert I eat all year....I may have it more than once since Jake and I will be going to festival activities together one day and with friends another day.

:) Esther, Ketchikan looks like a great place. I've been to Anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks, and Barrow and would love to see your part of the state.

<3 Barbie

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nancy, the view from your new porch is gorgeous! I am so enjoying all the pictures! Great news about your son, too.

Esther, Your town is so pretty and I love the mountain view!! I Googled pictures of the city and it would be great to visit one day. I didn't realize how far south you are.

Barbie, I do the same thing when I go to Mexican restaurants. I get one cheese enchilada and a beef taco. Mmmm

Connie, we installed a central house vacuum about 10 years ago and we LOVE it!!! Installing during the build would be much easier than how we did it.

Cristina, So glad to hear you like the new gym and kickboxing. I'm sure that's quite a workout with all that kicking and punching! As for the sleeping, many years ago I would read in bed before going to sleep. I always had trouble sleeping. I read about not using the bed for reading or watching tv or using your phone, etc. because you are training your brain to stay awake in the bed. Once I stopped doing that, I slept lots better! I, too, have to get up and go to bed at the same time pretty much every day. I like it on the weekends because we get a nice early start on all the "stuff" we do on the weekends and accomplish a lot more than if we had slept in.

Eninad, I'm cheering you on and know you will break into the 100s SOON! We all get plateaus at certain weights and once we break through, WOOT!

I worked on arms yesterday with my trainer. He put me through my paces for sure! I did dips off the bench just using my arms and I think I must have been to far away from the bench or gone down a bit too far because the anterior aspect of my right shoulder hurt a bit during the three sets of ten.

By 2:00 am, I woke up because of pain in that area. In fact, I had to get up and put a Lidoderm lidocaine patch on the area. I think I'll tell him no more dips for now until my weight goes down more and my arm strength has increased. Today is chest and back and I'm a little worried about my shoulder. I'll take it one exercise at a time and stop if anything causes the pain to increase. I'll have the patch off by then so I'll really be able to feel if I'm pushing it too much in that area.

After the gym, I will drive an hour to get down to my daughter's house. I've packed my dinner and an ice pack to keep my food cool while I'm at the gym and driving. I'm babysitting Joseph and Emily so mom and dad can go see the musical Under the Sea that two neighborhood kids (15 and 12) are in. The kids LOVE Joseph and Emily and the daughter spends lots of time with my daughter and her family. :) I'll get to spend a little time with the babies before their bedtime at 6:30-7:00 pm.

Make it a great day with healthy eating, reducing stress, and getting some exercise! <3

Becky

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

I love, love, love all the pics you guys are posting!

Nancy...the view from your screened porch is priceless!

Becky...sorry you are achy. I do not do dips...I'm too heavy. There are many ways to work the triceps other than that.

Barbie..love your dedication. I am getting there!

Janice, Esther, Cristina, Eninad, Shirley, Steph...hi there! :)

Marie...where are you?

Rest day for me, and I need it. I did not sleep well last night, and we're going to look at the community and lot AGAIN! This house business is soooo much to think about. I can usually handle one obsession at a time, and lately the focus obsession has been on my food, body, and exercise! :) Not sure I have room in my head for two obsessions!

I'll check y'all later.
    Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well I am getting good at losing posts lately.

Connie - I know what you mean about obsessions, as we get older I find I can do only one thing at time. I used to be a
    good multi tasker but not anymore. Good luck on the land hunting, it is a process.

Esther - I remember your home too when I was docked with the cruise ship. Loved all the shopping and stores.
    I too live in a tourist town, but our isn't thriving like yours.

Nancy - Glad to hear your son is doing well and mending. I love your pictures of your grounds.

Becky - Take it easy today, I would heal that shoulder first before going to weights. Be careful!

Cristina - Good to see you are checking in and like to hear about your continuing weight loss plans. Keep it coming!

Hi to everyone else!

I got on the scale this morning and I gained 3.2 on my week off on the boat. This was after two bikes rides and
    walking over 20,000 steps. I joined the Thanksgiving challenge so I hope I can see some results.
    I will be leaving tonight for my daugther's and stay overnight so we can get a good start in the morning to the
    Yoga Retreat. My hubby is taking our friend Tom up to the cottage fishing this weekend.
    We will be eating all vegetarian maybe I can lose a pound this weekend. I will let you know how it went when
    I get back.

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ladies - good morning! I am so happy to be home this morning. A friend and I took our kids to Six Flags over Georgia. It's about 45 minutes from our house. We opened up the park and closed it down. I was soooo tired driving home last night and of course it being Atlanta, had to sit in traffic at 10pm?!

A huge win for me was that we packed lunch and snacks and left the park go eat at our car. It was so much better food, a thousand times cheaper, too. The kids got a treat late in the day.

The kids rode everything and us Moms rode a lot but not everything. Some of the old wooden rides I remember riding as a kid myself and boy are they rough. My neck definitely took a beating.

Feeling good this morning just super tired. My kids haven't made a peep this morning just playing quietly B)

Ruthie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Glad to get back into my usual routine.
    Not planning on taking on the heat outside today.
    My husband is able to cut grass, etc. today and am thankful for that.
    Want to go to farmers market and get fresh veggies today.
    Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Seems like I am on the lrear end againend Yep bad news my big computer gone out again and have lost a post on this I
    Pad now. I had a long post written but got up to tend to something and it shut me off and lost my post. I did enjoy reading your posting. All of your yard are so pretty would like to come up and visit with each one of you.

Esther yout town looks so tourist would love to see it.

Barbie would love to go to the lavender have lavender ice cream with you and Jake

Shirley. I would love to go on a cruise of veganterrain meals enjoy it how long will you be gone? Will catch the rest of you later
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Now that my littlest has art school ( it is a 4 week acting school) 1 hour a day 4 days a week I get to play Dodge Tourist every day. The school is being held at the ballet studio which is located in out downtown area where all the tourists are. The studio is 1 1/2 blocks from the docks where the cruise ships tie up. Here is a pic of our downtown area the church is the oldest church in Ketchikan. It is the episcopal church. And Deer Mountain is in the background. Tallest mountain on our island at 3000 feet tall
    ifro3pha73ye.jpg

Esther

I was LITERALLY right there just in May! Alaskan cruise for my honeymoon :-)
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi @jrue1985 You came at the best time. May was actually the driest month we have had this year. It was sunny almost every single day that month. Hope you enjoyed your time here.

Esther
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    :;; rushes into Salmon store:::: eats all the salmon, can't get out.

Eninad
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey we are moving
    Us misfit are taking over the old 4th of July Challenge . So that we can want be invaded by new Members come next year. I presume we will all want to remain as we are.
    The only thing I hate we will be leaving behind all our lovely post and precious pictures. But we know how to post more. Connie change the name for us Thank you Connie such a dear.
    here is the Link

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105347-easter-misfit-losers

Please cone join us there if you click on the 4th of July link you have I think it will take you there too. At least it did me
    Marie

Hope this work out for all of us