20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    IM IN! (I don't celebrate easter but I will totally do this...) Everyone add me i love new (girl) friends!

SW (12/6/14): 237
    CW (2/4/15): 206
    GW (by whenever): 160

I've lost 31 pounds in 8-ish weeks, please ask me questions. Xo, Tanya
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Tany I am curious how did you lose 31 lbs in 8 weeks.

Welcome to our thread

Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    welcome Tanya,
    I am curious as well.....can you open up your diary?

marie, glad you are feeling good!

I am still following one one one but had like a ten ten ten day on superbowl sunday. therefore I have no weight loss this week but feel great!! hopefully something for next Wednesday:)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Losers,

I actually don't have any ice on my car this morning. More shoveling but the temperatures have raised a bit so melting was in order. Yay!

I just got back from Yoga Class, no meditation this morning, my instructor had to go to work at another job. I visited my MIL and brought her some bananas.

I still have 20 squats to do today. So enjoy your day everyone and be mindful of your eating. I am making some soup today.

"Losing weight is a mind game.
    Change your mind
    Change your body"

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options

"Losing weight is a mind game.
    Change your mind
    Change your body"

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada[/quote]

Shirley I love your quote, it is so true. thanks for sharing
  • ldavislamer
    Options
    Well I missed logging for a couple of days...life got in the way lol. Happy to say I am back today and was down 1 lb when I weighed in this morning.

SW 172
    CW 167
    GW 150
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well I missed logging for a couple of days...life got in the way lol. Happy to say I am back today and was down 1 lb when I weighed in this morning.

SW 172
    CW 167
    GW 150

you are doing Ok Ida keep it up
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley is doing a great job. I like that quote too, Shirley
    Marie
  • cmristine
    cmristine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cmristine wrote: »
    Only lost 0.2 lbs last week, so upping my activity by adding some extra steps to my day. Starting a very mild strength training for my lower back. This may not aid my losses, but it will keep me in the game this time.

Just be happy with your loss, at least it is a loss. I totally appreciate any loss as I lose very slowly and am compliant with my plan.
    A new week ahead!!!
    Nancy

Thanks. I will try to keep looking at the direction of my weight rather than the amount at each weighing.
  • webby314
    webby314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great evening. I love reading about the successes and challenges everyone is working on. You are all so inspiring. My weight loss is slow, just a few pounds over several weeks, but I feel success because I've made changes to my daily life that are lasting. And I'm not starving, that's the best part.

Wow, tanyabecka…31 pounds in 8 weeks! How did you do that?
  • cmristine
    cmristine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    cmristine wrote: »
    Only lost 0.2 lbs last week, so upping my activity by adding some extra steps to my day. Starting a very mild strength training for my lower back. This may not aid my losses, but it will keep me in the game this time.

Cmristine - Adding steps and increasing your exercise even by 10 or 15 min will help budge the scale. A loss is loss so good on you! Keep it up and strength training will also help.

I started a squat challenge on MFP and recording it on another site. First time doing this so I hope to gain some strength and strengthen my core as a bonus. I am doing the beginner squats and spreading them out throughout the day at 10 reps at a time. I want to able to walk after this. LOL

Have a good week everyone!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

Thanks, Shirley. I saw that squat challenge and actually bookmarked it. I think I can do them if I go slow and spread them throughout the day.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Weigh in day for me!
    SW 202
    CW 195
    Easter Goal: 182
    13 lbs to go
    This week I had a loss of .4 which really means I lost all I gained on vacation last week plus a bit.
    How many weeks until Easter? Not sure I am going to be able to lose 20 but I plan to keep trucking on!

Happy Thursday,
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Ruthie, congrats on your loss! Easter is roughly 8 weeks away as it is April 5. Although we may not make the goal of 20, it's okay..we will be prepared to forge on with the next challenge Marie sets up for us. It will probably involve July 4th.

This is a rest day for me, and I will just be running errands and doing a little housework.

Have a great day and Stay Strong!

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks Connie! Enjoy your rest day.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

My DH is making omelettes for breakfast so I will join him soon.

A sunny day for a change and more snow last night and more to come. :s

Doing HIIT walking with Leslie Sasone this morning and then errands.

Stay mindful and have a good day!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • tamcat669
    tamcat669 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use my VivoFit and MyFitnessPal. Started in November and I am losing, but want it to go faster. Garmin VivoFit challenges help me a lot plus logging my food on MyFitnessPal. Wish I had a buddy near by to go to the gym with.
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Tany I am curious how did you lose 31 lbs in 8 weeks.

Welcome to our thread

Marie

Thank you! I cut out all grains and most dairy from my lifestyle. I eat all organic: lean protein, vegetables, dried and fresh fruits, nuts, protein shakes, quest bars/chips and drink around 100oz of water per/day.. I stopped eating things like panera bagels/scones/cookies/lemonades as after work snacks and started eating things like quest bars and an apple or 1/4 cup tuna fish and carrots instead!!! :smile:

I also exercise for the most part 6 or 7 days a week. I do strength training with weights and machines, interval/circuit training and cardio (Zumba, kickboxing, piyo class, Barre class, bicycle, Arc Trainer).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE message me for more details about my (drastic) new lifestyle. I love to help as many people as possible on their journeys as well.

-Tanya
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Ruthie, Any loss is a good loss, you are doing great!!!
    It is beautiful outside but the temperature is dropping and it's cold!!!
    I am mostly going to have a rest day, maybe a short bike ride and some house chores.
    Hope everyone has a good day!
    Nancy in MS
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need done motivation as I started on the new year and am losing some steam! Add me! My name is Jordan.

Sw- 223
    Cw- 216
    Gw- 130

So excited!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Kenea993 wrote: »
    I'm in! I need done motivation as I started on the new year and am losing some steam! Add me! My name is Jordan.

Sw- 223
    Cw- 216
    Gw- 130

So excited!

You are so welcome to this thread. We all wish you the best.
    <3 Marie