REBOOT Fat sick and nearly dead

Options
So I watched the movie and was inspired to try the 10day plan for juicing http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/
but i'm blending instead of juicing because i'm not spending $200 on a juicer for 10 days. I'm now on day 6, i've lost 3.4lbs. Its 1200 calories give or take but only fruit and vegetables so I was expecting to actually lose more than that but there you have it - and i'm not done yet.
I plan on continuing this gradually adding back in some protein (chicken/fish) by 22nd of December in preparation of having Christmas dinners - I dont want to suddenly throw meat into the equation on xmas and get cramps LOL
Is anybody else on the plan? I've found that I feel great, not as hungry as I imagined I was going to be as long as I have a smoothie prepared and drinking lots of water.

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No, God I hate that documentary.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least you are getting the fiber!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Great for you if it's working but you don't necessarily have to go on an extreme diet to lose weight. Props for not blowing $200.00 on a juicer!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the key, not the Juicing.
  • TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    Yea I did a 3 day reboot by blending then I used a strainer to strain out the pulp (makeshift juicer lol). I lost 2lbs which is nice but I don't think I'd do it again mainly because chicken is my life and I won't ever leave it again, not ever. But I was also surprised how I wasn't hungry as much and I felt some sort of energy surge too. I think juicing is nice to incorporate into your regular food-included diet. Probably sub a snack for a smoothie.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That's not a documentary. It's an infomercial.
  • concordancia
    Options
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have considered it, only based on the fact that it is supposed to help when you have an autoimmune disease.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Let us know if this becomes a lifestyle change for you or if this lasts less than a couple months.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Tried it a few years ago- was also blending cause I wanted the fiber- already had a juicer cause my kids like to make juice too- but almost killed my husband (not really) and bit everyone else's heads off at even the slightest sideways look at me. Decided it would not work for me. But hey if you can keep with it, it might be a good starting point or a way to find out if you have any food allergies!
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.

Last I checked fruits and veggies contain fiber.
  • concordancia
    Options
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.

Yep, and most of it is in the pulp that the OP is straining out (and that juicers strain out).
  • harmoniaxx
    Options
    lol.... I bet you take Hydroxy-cut too, huh?

That is REALLY rude. You may not agree with someones choice of weight loss, but to mock and be rude to someone because you disagree? Ever heard of constructive criticism?

• goddessofawesome
    Options
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.

Yep, and most of it is in the pulp that the OP is straining out (and that juicers strain out).

OP isn't using a juicer, she is using a blender. Also she never said she was straining it. That was someone else.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.

Right--this is the fundamental problem with juicing and why I never understand why people promote it over just eating fruits and especially veggies. It seems unhealthy to me.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.

Did you even read the OP? The part where OP mentioned blending, not juicing?
  • goddessofawesome
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.

Right--this is the fundamental problem with juicing and why I never understand why people promote it over just eating fruits and especially veggies. It seems unhealthy to me.

Except the OP isn't juicing, she is blending.
  • concordancia
    edited December 2014
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    Oh, so no fiber? Boo.

Did you even read the OP? The part where OP mentioned blending, not juicing?

Edited for tone:

It has already been pointed out that the person who strained their juice was not the OP. Insomnia will do things like that to the brain.

You might also notice that I was the one who made a positive comment on fiber when the OP originally said that they were using a blender.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    3.4 lbs of water down the drain. Whoopie. This will come back when you return to the real world and start eating real foods again.