REBOOT Fat sick and nearly dead

Options

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »
    I think thats fair. Fine, but I think the rub is the number of critics with high post counts that high and weight loss is zilch. No, the aren't resetting their tickers.

I'm down 80 pounds. Reset my ticker 3 times.

It's not there to show my status to other people - it's there to serve *my* needs.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think the rub is the number of critics with high post counts that high and weight loss is zilch. No, the aren't resetting their tickers.

On what do you base this claim?
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Believe what you want. I am not here to argue, I am here for a reason. For mutual support. Not a bunch of criticism nonsense from non-experts. Challenge? I am ready. If you have something positive to say, I happily respond. Why troll threads that you have no interest?
    Look at the innocent's OP's question, look at the response from our community. What benefit can the OP get from that? Maybe an explanation, some detail...Click into the profiles of the most critical, instead of focusing on their own growth, the sit on their *kitten* posting criticism of other peoples, attempts or questions. No positive from that. Many an unhappy sideliner here. Let's stick together.
  • CJDaniel7
    Options
    I track using MFP, and really appreciate the tool. Maybe I wasn't clear, I am only doing a 15 day Reboot 5-5-5. 5 day solid plant foods juice/smoothies, 5 day juice, and 5 day solid plant foods and juice/smoothies. This is not a life decision, I am doing a cleanse, and I would love to say weight loss is the only side benefit. But that would be a lie, it has had many side benefits (for me) Mainly weightloss, My Blood sugar is in line without meds (I am boderline Diabetic). My blood pressure is getting better, almost in line. When this is 15 days is done, I am following MFP. My own curve is I will meet the reccomended numbers with much less processed foods or any diet foods, or food substitutes (Right in line with MFP.) I nor Joe Cross reccommends that anyone do a 60 day cleanse without being extremely obese and without weekly medical monitoring. My focus is clear like it has never been. And I am not reccommending it to anyone. Bu those who choose it, it is not a bad alternative.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I agree, I have the same axiom, I don't listen to people who have piles of posts (and opinions), MFP is filled with them, and very little weight loss. I never said MFP never worked, I think this is not all about weight loss. I use MFP, it is wonderful website. Hey better yet, friend me. Lets make it a healthy competition???? You about the same age, have about the same weight loss. Lets check in once in a while and in four months we see for ourselves. Deal?

I'll bite, The vast majority of "piles of posts" have had significant weight loss, we just don't brag about it. You know what "piles of posts" also means? We have been here for a long time, some even started with some of the same ideas that you have, however, they have learned through experience and research (not an infomercial packaged as a documentary) that sustainable weight loss and a healthy lifestyle doesn't start with a "cleanse" or a "detox". Ask yourself this question, why is there not a large pool of like minded juicers that have "piles of posts'? Because, like you, they generally barge in here telling everyone that they "know what they are doing" and after a period of time, realize they were wrong. Those either stick around, "piling up posts" on proper weight loss and nutrition, or they slink away. And Ill take your challenge anytime!
  • CJDaniel7
    Options
    Sorry, I wass not speaking to people with piles of posts, I hope to have piles of posts, I was referring to people with piles of posts and nothing to show for it. In my experience, there are some people here, that believe that their way, is the only way, they believe that they are the experts and put down anything that someone else is trying, and they don't live what they preach. If you read my previous posts, it's not that what they are saying is necessarily wrong, its the way it's presented, without explaination, look at the OP's innocent original post. And btw, I am not barging in, I have been here several years. Also, my first post was all my experience, very clearly with the number of days I had been following it. Then the attact, and insult in the first reply. Maybe the only reason that the Reboot works, is that some people get fired up about it, I got fired up about it, and it is keeping honest, at least through day 6. I will be the first one to admit if I fail.

Make this clear, I am using this a a cleanse/detox only, 15 days, I am amazed so far. At the end of 15 days, I will probably gain some back, as the Joe Cross Reboot says you will. I am not jucing for all my meals at the conclusion, will I juice? Yes. Will I eat animal products? yes, I am a foody, I cook like there is no tomorrow.

On the 14th, February I am hosting a (Homestyle) Pigs and Pinot Dinner (Google it) with 18 of my fellow foodies.

I think I will start a Long Term Challenge, that would be cool. That would be a great test.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What benefit can the OP get from that?

I thought the responses were perfectly constructive. Again, what's the benefit of blending fruits and veggies and giving up other foods with good things like protein vs. simply trying to eat a well-balanced diet rich in fruits and veggies? Seems like an artificial way to reduce calories dramatically. But of course what the OP was suggesting was better than juicing, which cuts out even the fiber in the fruits and veggies.

I dislike the promotion of juice fasts (and cleanses) because I think it's an illogical and unhealthy scam. (And human beings don't need to be "rebooted" whatever-the-heck that is supposed to mean.)

And I was one of the people who responded, so rather than making vague comments about people's profiles, bring it on.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I agree, I have the same axiom, I don't listen to people who have piles of posts (and opinions), MFP is filled with them, and very little weight loss. I never said MFP never worked, I think this is not all about weight loss. I use MFP, it is wonderful website. Hey better yet, friend me. Lets make it a healthy competition???? You about the same age, have about the same weight loss. Lets check in once in a while and in four months we see for ourselves. Deal?

LOL. Except for the fact that people reset their tickers all the time. And, also, not everyone is here to lose weight.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs. though my ticker would say 0. I have reset for new goals. Try again juicy fruit.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I think thats fair. Fine, but I think the rub is the number of critics with high post counts that high and weight loss is zilch. No, the aren't resetting their tickers. I was just providing support for the initail poster who was getting every Dr. FA's opinion on what works and what doesn't. Different things work for different people. I will tell you regardless of weight loss, it has brought my blook glucose levels and my blood pressure is falling in line, for whatever reason.

Who again are you basing this off of?
  • CJDaniel7
    Options
    Call names, whatever. I am not on here to argue.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Call names, whatever. I am not on here to argue.

Then you probably shouldn't make comments about someone's weight loss if you don't know his/her story.
  • CJDaniel7
    Options
    I didn't comment on anyone's weight loss did I.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I didn't comment on anyone's weight loss did I.

WUT?

You specifically said many times that there are people on here who post who haven't lost any weight and "have nothing to show for it."

That's commenting on people's weight loss when, in actuality, you have no idea if/when/how some of these posters lost weight.

• CJDaniel7
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Looking back on my post, I can see it could be constrewed as inflamatory if misinterpreted. I should not have made such a statement, it wasn't a blanket statement, but anyways. I guess it was just a reaction to the replies to the OP post.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I wass not speaking to people with piles of posts, I hope to have piles of posts, I was referring to people with piles of posts and nothing to show for it. In my experience, there are some people here, that believe that their way, is the only way, they believe that they are the experts and put down anything that someone else is trying, and they don't live what they preach. If you read my previous posts, it's not that what they are saying is necessarily wrong, its the way it's presented, without explaination, look at the OP's innocent original post. And btw, I am not barging in, I have been here several years. Also, my first post was all my experience, very clearly with the number of days I had been following it. Then the attact, and insult in the first reply. Maybe the only reason that the Reboot works, is that some people get fired up about it, I got fired up about it, and it is keeping honest, at least through day 6. I will be the first one to admit if I fail.

Make this clear, I am using this a a cleanse/detox only, 15 days, I am amazed so far. At the end of 15 days, I will probably gain some back, as the Joe Cross Reboot says you will. I am not jucing for all my meals at the conclusion, will I juice? Yes. Will I eat animal products? yes, I am a foody, I cook like there is no tomorrow.

On the 14th, February I am hosting a (Homestyle) Pigs and Pinot Dinner (Google it) with 18 of my fellow foodies.

I think I will start a Long Term Challenge, that would be cool. That would be a great test.
    What exactly are you "cleansing" or "detoxing?" Have your liver and kidneys failed? Are you a hardcore drug addict? Otherwise there's nothing to "cleanse" or "detox."
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

There's no number 8.

That's all I took from that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

There's no number 8.

Number 8, Rest Your Brain. Because counting is hard?

Or maybe

Number 8, Rest Your Lungs. Because breathing is so overrated?

Or perhaps

Number 8, Rest Your Heart? Because if your liver and kidneys get a need a couple days off to work better, imagine how much better your heart would be if you let it stop beating for a few days, maybe even a week!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »

There's no number 8.

Number 8, Rest Your Brain. Because counting is hard?

Or maybe

Number 8, Rest Your Lungs. Because breathing is so overrated?

Or perhaps

Number 8, Rest Your Heart? Because if your liver and kidneys get a need a couple days off to work better, imagine how much better your heart would be if you let it stop beating for a few days, maybe even a week!

I laughed hysterically when tip number one was to "gently chew the juice."

Then I stopped reading when it mentioned "toxic foods."