Does jumping exercises make me NOT pregnant?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Dont have a masters just a nursing qualification so counts me out. Shame really. Im kinda fond of my two. Best get the parcel tape out....
    Parcel tape? No way. That's some good protein right there...
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You want me to eat the tape or the kids?
  • dbmata
    Options
    You want me to eat the tape or the kids?

... I just deleted what I initially wrote. I realized it was way too inappropriate. lol.

The kids.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Yeah probably funny but very very wrong indeed. I can only imagine.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Dont have a masters just a nursing qualification so counts me out. Shame really. Im kinda fond of my two. Best get the parcel tape out....

I'm keeping mine anyway. She shows promise as a human. Plus, she's too skinny to provide enough protein to make getting rid of her worth it.
  • dbmata
    Options
    roast marrow with toast points and a little blueberry jam.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's the title of the thread that bothers me most.

As in, the syntactical construction of it.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    easiest way to avoid said worries- is to just not get pregnant!
    -
    win win everywhere

right. so we should all just stop having babies, then.

wouldn't bother me at all actually.

cool. you, and others who don't want children, can stop having babies. those who think having the opportunity to be a parent is more rewarding than no worries concerning the subject, can have/try to have babies.

Not everyone who thinks this should have children.

Not everyone who thinks what?? That jumping can prevent implantation or that the worry that comes with being a parent isn't an issue because the awesomeness of your child overshadows all of potential cons?

Who are you to say who should and should not have children? I don't feel that something as trivial as this warrants the trite 'people like you shouldn't conceive' statement.

Not everyone "who think having the opportunity to be a parent is more rewarding than no worries concerning the subject, can have/try to have babies" should have children.
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    roast marrow with toast points and a little blueberry jam.

I don't eat toast or jam. However, the marrow comment reminded me that I need to make bone broth.
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would ask your gynecologist or obgyn about it. If there is risk for anything, they should know, based on your body and medical history. I saw a high risk obgyn and they would be the ones to best advise you. What might be okay for one person may not be fine for another. I hope you have a successful pregnancy soon :)
  • maoribadger
    Options

I'm keeping mine anyway. She shows promise as a human. Plus, she's too skinny to provide enough protein to make getting rid of her worth it.

Topped with some cheese might help. Have grown bizarrely fond of mine to be honest. They say nice things to me some days. Unfortunately dbmata is making me hungry
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

Topped with some cheese might help. Have grown bizarrely fond of mine to be honest. They say nice things to me some days. Unfortunately dbmata is making me hungry

I'd rather just have the cheese. I've also become quite fond of mine. She's entertaining.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    the protein to annoyance trade off is not worth it when I can pick up pre-prepped protein at a brazililan place.

But I'm deeply happy you're are turning out to be reasonable tiny people. There might be hope for us yet.
  • dbmata
    Options
    there are not enough reasonable tiny people.
  • cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It is the exercise but not the motions but the time. Whenever you feel like it is time to excercise go have sex.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Isn't sex basically just jumping while laying down?? Or while bending, or....
  • maoribadger
    Options
    There definitely are not enough reasonable tiny people. I dislike many other peoples tiny people. Mind you I dislike many other people generally. The more I meet the more I appreciate my cat
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

I really think the minimum requirement should be a master's degree.

I have my Master's degree, but long before I received it I applied logic, reason and emotion to determine that kids [of my own - I'm great with other people's kids] were not and should not be in my future.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Finally--I was just questioning this last night. Been over 2 years and nadda for us too. I do a lot of HIIT training, running, heavy lifting and tons of other very strenuous exercising like weight vest running on mountains--I was thinking about this last night when I was doing burpees and running rope. Could this be disrupting the implantation stage? I'm not sure it is that simple, but I have no idea.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Best evidence that it doesn't make a bit of difference: if there was even the tiniest shred of evidence that exercise worked to prevent pregnancy or induce miscarriage, you'd see 18 year old girls frantically doing jumping jacks every Saturday and Sunday morning.

But they don't (nor do any of those dumb women's health magazines suggest they should), so there's no evidence at all for this theory.

All the advice to "relax and stop trying so hard and then you'll get pregnant" is wrong, too. But you do need to be patient, as it can take years with or without help, and there are still lots of interventions for you to try.

Best of luck to you.