Healthy Options to Satisfy Sweet Tooth?!?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream!

YES
  • wruper
    wruper Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not low fat but uses coconut fat. Have read of benefits of coconut fat. Supposed to be good for brain function and burns differently than other fats. Recipe is for very small amount but is simple and fast. Liquefy 2 Tablespoons of Organic Coconut Oil. Add 2 Tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder (and 2 Tablespoons PB2 Powder If you like). Add 4 drops of liquid Stevia and 4 packets of Splenda. Adjust Stevia and Splenda to taste. Pour in a small container lined with foil or those flexible candy forms. I've also recyled small plastic cups from salsa, etc. Place recipe in freezer or refrigerator to harden. Eat cold. Mixture will liquefy if room is really warm. This recipe is filling and helps with the chocolate craving. It has no carbs and the fat is a beneficial fat. Be sure to log it. Fat does add lots of calories but is also satisfying. To liquefy coconut fat I put it in a small tea cup in microwave for a few seconds. It will liquify quickly. I add the other ingredients (cocoa powder, sometimes cacao nibs, and sweetener) Recipe doesn't need the PB2 if you don't have it. For healthiest version, use cacoa powder, not cocoa powder. It too has more beneficial antioxidants, etc. than regular cocoa powder but isn't sold in my local grocery store. Health stores have the liquid Stevia (some even have flavored) and the cacoa powder and cacao nibs
  • bmgmurf96
    Options
    Cut a banana into slices. Lay them flat on wax paper and cover with was paper. Freeze for a few hours. I make this for my kids and they call it "candy". Yummy and sweet! Can't beat for about 100 calories.
  • amydfreund
    Options
    rice paper wrappers, very low calorie. Take a banana, slice it in half and then slice the halts in half, long way. Moisten the rice paper then put the 2 slices of the banana in the bottom 1/2 of the wrapper, sprinkle some cinnamon over the banana, and fold the paper over and roll up. Heat a tsp of olive oil in a non stick pan and bring to medium heat, then pan sauté the wrapped banana till it gets light crispy brown. Put on plate and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar or a little bit of honey or maple syrup and eat while hot.. VERY sweet and very delicious and low calorie!
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    wruper wrote: »
    Not low fat but uses coconut fat. Have read of benefits of coconut fat. Supposed to be good for brain function and burns differently than other fats. Recipe is for very small amount but is simple and fast. Liquefy 2 Tablespoons of Organic Coconut Oil. Add 2 Tablespoons Dark Cocoa Powder (and 2 Tablespoons PB2 Powder If you like). Add 4 drops of liquid Stevia and 4 packets of Splenda. Adjust Stevia and Splenda to taste. Pour in a small container lined with foil or those flexible candy forms. I've also recyled small plastic cups from salsa, etc. Place recipe in freezer or refrigerator to harden. Eat cold. Mixture will liquefy if room is really warm. This recipe is filling and helps with the chocolate craving. It has no carbs and the fat is a beneficial fat. Be sure to log it. Fat does add lots of calories but is also satisfying. To liquefy coconut fat I put it in a small tea cup in microwave for a few seconds. It will liquify quickly. I add the other ingredients (cocoa powder, sometimes cacao nibs, and sweetener) Recipe doesn't need the PB2 if you don't have it. For healthiest version, use cacoa powder, not cocoa powder. It too has more beneficial antioxidants, etc. than regular cocoa powder but isn't sold in my local grocery store. Health stores have the liquid Stevia (some even have flavored) and the cacoa powder and cacao nibs

If you add this to ice cream while its room temperature, it'll act like a magic shell. It's amazing. I like adding honey instead of stevia/splenda.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Tropical fruits