Bulletproof coffee - I want to hear your stories!

Options
I am currently on day 3 of bulletproof coffee. I use grassfed butter and MCT oil. I have to say I'm loving it. I'm feeling tons of energy, a decrease in appetite and after 3 days I really feel like I can notice some changes in the way my body looks and feels. Also, I find it delicious and don't know how I'd ever go back to coffee without butter again. Anyways! I want to hear any input from those who have tried it. Has anyone lost weight by doing this?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I dunno, but the thought of putting oil in my coffee makes me want to gag. To each his own, I guess.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I love it. I originally tried it after I had lost too much weight and was trying to get in some extra calories in the morning. Made my own with kerry gold salted butter and coconut oil, with regular store-bought coffee (not organic). Most people don't' use salted, but I like it. I haven't had my bulletproof coffee in a while, like to change it up a bit, but I might have to go back to it for a few days.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,929 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit, but I'll stick to my morning cappuccino.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is calories in vs out. There are no "magic bullets"...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Butter in coffee sounds really tasty to me but not so much oil.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    What's it supposed to do? In the nursing home when people are constipated we give them hot coffee or warm juice with butter. I feel like combining the two could be bad
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you put anything in your coffee, regardless o the reason, you're doing it wrong.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and its great! I had tons of energy in the morning and it kept me full until lunch. Its been a while since I made any, maybe I'll start again. Usually I just drink coconut oil and half & half in my coffee everyday.

For those thinking butter sounds nasty in coffee, you blend it up and the butter acts just like cream. Its not oily like you may think. Its a heavy drink though and if you don't like heavy, foamy coffee drinks, you probably won't like it much.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The only way I would drink buttered anything in my coffee is if it came in a container that said "CoffeeMate" and "pecan."
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So butter in your coffee is supposed to make you lose weight ??

BAHAHAHAHAHA.... Sorry. No.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    It helps me poop when I'm having tummy troubles. That is its "magic" for me.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Why is it called Bulletproof?
  • Terrappyn1
    Terrappyn1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Tinabob777 wrote: »
    I tried coconut oil in my coffee. Yuck! That's not the way this works, that's not how any of this works!

Hilarious! Love that commercial!

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I put coconut oil in my coffee, and butter usually in hot chocolate. Not both together; it's too oily.

There's no magic to it, but it's definitely a good delivery vehicle for your fats.
    If you eat high-fat, it's pretty awesome.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    too much work honestly.

it took me about 3 months to work up the nerve to try it- it's definitely good if you like a frothy creamy none sugary drink (I do in fact enjoy them)

but it's just way to much work- it requires a blender- or shaker cup or something- and I can't- I always prepare my coffee for the road after I'm dressed- so I brew it- pack my lunch- grab a half mug - go do make up- get dressed- pour it in a mug- and pack up.

if I have to blend it- the steam always escapes and means- greasy coffee gets on my clothes.

So tasty.

But no.
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    "This time baby Ill beeeeeee Bulletproof" everyone all together now...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If you put anything in your coffee, regardless o the reason, you're doing it wrong.

This x1000000
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »

This x1000000

x1000000000000000000000
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JCM1969 wrote: »
    "This time baby Ill beeeeeee Bulletproof" everyone all together now...

aw- I love that CD
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Yassssssss!