Fat Cell Death: Broscience or Science?

Options
13»

Replies

• keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    keefmac wrote: »
    Read these boards daily and you'll find a multitude of reasons for overeating, if they have the "woe is me" attitude they will not change their eating habits for more than a week or two.

There's always something to blame for being overweight.
    keefmac wrote: »
    Read these boards daily and you'll find a multitude of reasons for overeating, if they have the "woe is me" attitude they will not change their eating habits for more than a week or two.

There's always something to blame for being overweight.

Well yes.

Which begs the question as whether even a truly effective weight loss drug would make a major dent in the obesity epidemic considering that overconsumption is tied to a lot more factors than just physiological hunger.

MrM27 wrote: »
    Look at how when things get into actual science you don't have endless drones popping in.

Yep

crickets.gif

If people decide to cheat even after gastric bands I don't think there is any pill that will cure everybody!.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Can I just pop in and say I keep reading Adipose and I'm thinking doctor who LOL

SNF05TVBIZ1_464343a.jpg

Perhaps I should be watching Doctor Who...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ukaryote wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Also, the body's fat cells have an unlimited capacity for storing fat - especially the cells of the abdomen, as we've seen in recent years.
    Amazing. The body is just incredible.

Combine that with liposuction where the remaining cells fill out to compensate for the removed cells, and you can end up with a really strange body shape.
    I was going to ask this.

Why wouldn't slicing these cells out when obese be effective long term. Remaining cells will just fill out more.